Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 210 of 226 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3383
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Josh Garnett likely to be cut as per pro football focus...

Baalke blunder, but this one is also on Chip... my god was Baalke just really bad at his job.
    The lack of anything positive about his performance is kind of loud ... but is there any reason to not wait until they spend a little time in pads?

I can't blame Baalke entirely since there was a lot of positives being said about him leading up to the draft and supposedly there was a team shortly after the 49ers pick looking to take him. That said, he certainly didn't fit the new offensive system so he was starting out behind.

Basketball was always known as a big man's game. Whomever had the biggest would typically win. But the Warriors changed that, and now big are becoming extinct, as players just chuck 3's... It's possible Shanahan is trying to do the same. The bigger more physical out the door, and move to smaller quicker speed game. My only concern is smaller players in a big physical sport are likely to get hurt. So will these small quick guys last 16+ games? I personally don't expect any iron men on this offense.

As for York... Only winning will change his reputation with me. His ego interfered with Harbaugh, and for York and his parents, its the only success the 49ers have ever enjoyed under this ownership group. This is still a 6-10 team that's finished dead last in two straight years in the division, so they better win.
    These things go in cycles.

The NBA, like the NFL has been prioritizing length over size because it's much faster to move your hand than your whole body. But you have to find players who have good power without the size. The result was defenses getting bigger and bigger, Shanahan's response is to get smaller qnd quicker to take advantage of defenders who can't change direction as quickly.

Josh Garnett likely to be cut as per pro football focus...

Baalke blunder, but this one is also on Chip... my god was Baalke just really bad at his job.

And something tells me Arik Armstead is on the hot seat ! Never been a game changer .

While I DO agree with you...

Signing an extension in the NFL isn't a determination in where he will play.

Vance McDonald, Colin Kaepernick, and Daniel Kilgore signed extensions, and they were gone a year later. (if not sooner)
    I think that those are poor examples. Vance McDonald was extended by the prior regime, so it didn't tell us anything about how the current regime felt about him. Colin Kaepernick wasn't on a recent extension, so I'm not sure why he was included. Kilgore is your only example related to the current regime, however, it was obvious to most of us that his deal didn't say much because it was small and very easy to get out of. Most of us assumed that the team would still address center in free agency or the draft and that Kilgore would have to compete for a spot. It is clear that the Kilgore signing was an insurance signing in case they missed out on Richburg. Tartt is not the same. They didn't address the position in free agency and not until late in the draft. That tells us that they like Tartt.

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    And something tells me Arik Armstead is on the hot seat ! Never been a game changer .
    I guarantee Arik Armstead is on the 53-man roster. He may not be in 2019, but he is very safe in 2018, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The lack of anything positive about his performance is kind of loud ... but is there any reason to not wait until they spend a little time in pads?

I can't blame Baalke entirely since there was a lot of positives being said about him leading up to the draft and supposedly there was a team shortly after the 49ers pick looking to take him. That said, he certainly didn't fit the new offensive system so he was starting out behind.
    All that I've heard about him from the coaches was positive concerning his weight loss and coming to camp prepared. I think that he has at least a 50% shot at a roster spot, maybe higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    All that I've heard about him from the coaches was positive concerning his weight loss and coming to camp prepared. I think that he has at least a 50% shot at a roster spot, maybe higher.
    The coaches talked about the weight loss and said he was "competing" and "going in the right direction" which is all VERY vague. But then again, other than talk about the new players added they have said nearly nothing about the o line players at all so it's probably not significant.

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    49ers foolishly took up his 9 million fifth year option. He's gauranteed this money and his track for being healthy is far from good. He's a bust IMO. Another 49ers previous regime blunder.

Quote Originally Posted by NinerNole View Post
    49ers foolishly took up his 9 million fifth year option. He's gauranteed this money and his track for being healthy is far from good. He's a bust IMO. Another 49ers previous regime blunder.
    What's foolish about it exactly? It doesn't prevent them fron signing anyone and it gives them one last look at him, plus provides a familair to the system body to the DL. Hurts nothing.

Tomlinson signed to 3 year extension. Worth "up to" 18M with 10 guaranteed. His 5th year option would have been 9M alone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Tomlinson signed to 3 year extension. Worth "up to" 18M with 10 guaranteed. His 5th year option would have been 9M alone.
    I'm curious to see what the actual numbers are. He played really well during the second half of the season after a slow start. Most fans only remember the slow start and don't like him because of that, but he was learning a new offense on the fly.

According to Jeff Deeney, Pro Football Focus graded Tomlinson out as a top 10 guard during the five games with Jimmy Garoppolo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I'm curious to see what the actual numbers are. He played really well during the second half of the season after a slow start. Most fans only remember the slow start and don't like him because of that, but he was learning a new offense on the fly.
    Yeah, the "up to" 18M part means there could be alot of moving parts to it.

Not bad, hes being paid like an average starting guard, which is what he is imo. Not a bad thing, he should do fine with Staley and Richburg flanking him.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    What's foolish about it exactly? It doesn't prevent them fron signing anyone and it gives them one last look at him, plus provides a familair to the system body to the DL. Hurts nothing.
    Why pay 9 million when there are many FA or just could have drafted some one late? It's foolish because this guy has a history of being injured.