Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 208 of 226 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3383
    Tartt really excelled in the Kam Chancellor role last year before getting injured, he can be a pro-bowl level player there next year imo. I think keeping Ward was a luxury of so much cap space. His ability to play CB, FS, and NCB is valuable even if hes only an average player at all of those positions. I also wouldnt be surprised if we tried to trade him before the season.

DB injuries are always a concern. It's possible Ward figures it out and stays healthy from now on ... or he could keep being nicked over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Tartt really excelled in the Kam Chancellor role last year before getting injured, he can be a pro-bowl level player there next year imo. I think keeping Ward was a luxury of so much cap space. His ability to play CB, FS, and NCB is valuable even if hes only an average player at all of those positions. I also wouldnt be surprised if we tried to trade him before the season.
    Neither Tartt or Ward have impressed me. I guess they are stockpiling DB's to figure out their replacement. Lynch and Shanny definitely are cleaning house and getting rid of Baalke's players.

I do like how Colbert came on the scene and played. He definitely looks like a keeper. I love it when we get those hidden gems in the late round.

Quote Originally Posted by NinerNole View Post
    Neither Tartt or Ward have impressed me. I guess they are stockpiling DB's to figure out their replacement. Lynch and Shanny definitely are cleaning house and getting rid of Baalke's players.

I do like how Colbert came on the scene and played. He definitely looks like a keeper. I love it when we get those hidden gems in the late round.
    Really? I understand the criticism of Ward, but Tartt played really well last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Really? I understand the criticism of Ward, but Tartt played really well last year.
    He played well last year. But overall I don't think he was worth the pick. His scope of work is just meh IMO. I don't think he's down right terrible, but I don't see him as the long term solution. With the 49ers recent actions, it looks like they are exploring other options.

He played well last year. But overall I don't think he was worth the pick. His scope of work is just meh IMO. I don't think he's down right terrible, but I don't see him as the long term solution. With the 49ers recent actions, it looks like they are exploring other options.
    Recent actions like signing him to a long term deal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Recent actions like signing him to a long term deal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    With the way the 49ers do deals. Nobody is safe. lol

With the way the 49ers do deals. Nobody is safe. lol
    They just signed him to an extension, and the only players behind him are a 6th round pick, and a couple undrafted guys. Id say hes pretty safe. Kerley was traded after we drafted Taylor, and Kilgore after we signed Richburg.

I think that you are significantly undervaluing him. If Lynch and Shanahan only saw him as a temporary option, they wouldn't have given him an extension as he was already under contract for 2018. Not that PFF is everything, but they graded Tartt with a higher grade than Colbert last year.

Tartt has a lot of potential, and I think he got the deal based on potential. I think he has what it takes, but he needs to stay healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Tartt has a lot of potential, and I think he got the deal based on potential. I think he has what it takes, but he needs to stay healthy.
    For some reason a lot of people seem to think Tartt is injury prone, for whatever reason, which isnt the case at all. He played in 15 games each of his first two seasons and suffered a broken arm in a freak accident last year. Im not worried about his durability at this point.

''Sig by Johnle''

Yeah, bit of a head scratcher for me too

Fair enough. Always seems to be questionable for something
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Fair enough. Always seems to be questionable for something
    I think part of the perception is that the previous coaching staff didn't trust him.

So, I don't know who the DB whisperer is in the front office, but whoever it is they are still at it. The 49ers have a big problem with too many good DBs it looks like.