Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 226 1231151101 ... LastLast

Official 2018 Off-Season Thread

Feels time to retire alot of the ongoing threads and start new. Draft prospects, Free Agents, resignings, etc etc.

DJ Calhoun
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    DJ Calhoun
    DJ Tanner. I'm not sure if I'm playing this game right 😂

DJ Calhoun
    He looks like Foster crossed with Roquan Smith. Violent, athletic, but good tackling. Problem is we already have Foster, not sure he fits as an OLB for us, they need to cover TEs.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    He looks like Foster crossed with Roquan Smith. Violent, athletic, but good tackling. Problem is we already have Foster, not sure he fits as an OLB for us, they need to cover TEs.
    He can move Foster to Smiths spot and smith be the back up or he hits the bricks. Im telling ya, hes going to be a stud.
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Has London Fletcher written all over him

Calhoun is one of just nine inside linebackers in the country this season to miss two or fewer tackles on the year on 830 total snaps this season. He has missed one tackle on a running play and one tackle on a passing play, good for a 49.5 tackle efficiency rating from Pro Football Focus that ranks third among all inside linebabackers.

He can move Foster to Smiths spot and smith be the back up or he hits the bricks. Im telling ya, hes going to be a stud.
    I guess it depends on what you want, either a SAM or a WILL. Edmunds, to me, looks like a perfect SAM. Big enough to cover a TE and contain the run while also being able to rush or cover the flat. Calhoun could slide in as the WILL, but doesn't have the size to play SAM. To me, Edmunds would give alot more utility and usage. That's not to say Calhoun is bad, I just think his role wouldn't be as overall useful, if that makes sense.

Whos to say we cant get both? Edmunds in the first, Calhoun in the 4th/5th round

Mock Draft: (Note: for the purposes of the mock draft, I am mocking that the Jets sign Kirk Cousins in free agency. They have the most cap space out of any QB needy team other than the Browns)

1) Browns - Josh Allen, QB UCLA
    2) Giants - Sam Darnold, QB USC
    3) Colts - Bradley Chubb, DE NC State
    4) Browns - Saquon Barkley, RB Penn State
    5) Broncos - Baker Mayfield, QB Oklahoma
    6) Jets - Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/S Alabama
    7) Bucs - Quenton Nelson, OG Notre Dame
    8) Bears - Calvin Ridley, WR Alabama
    9) Raiders - Tremaine Edmunds, LB Virginia Tech
    10) Redskins - Josh Allen, QB Wyoming (Trade: 49ers trade #10 to Washington for #13, #78, and Redskins 2019 4th round pick)
    11) Dolphins - Denzel Ward, CB Ohio State
    12) Bengals - Connor Williams, OT Texas
    13) 49ers - Marcus Davenport, DE UTSA
    14) Packers - Derwin James, S Florida State
    15) Lions - Vita Vea, DT Washington (Trade: Cardinals trade #15 to Lions for #20, 2018 4th rounder, and 2019 4th rounder)
    16) Ravens - Christian Kirk, WR Texas A&M
    17) Chargers - Da'Ron Payne, NT Alabama
    18) Seahawks - Mike McGlinchy, OT Notre Dame
    19) Cowboys - Roquan Smith, LB Georgia
    20) Cardinals - Lamar Jackson, QB Louisville
    21) Bills - Courtland Sutton, WR SMU
    22) Bills - Orlando Brown, OT Oklahoma
    23) Rams - Josh Jackson, CB Iowa
    24) Panthers - Mike Hughes, UCF
    25) Titans - Billy Price, C Ohio State
    26) Falcons - Jaire Alexander, CB Louisville
    27) Saints - Rashaan Evans, LB Alabama
    28) Steelers - Leighton Vander Esch - LB Boise State
    29) Jaguars - Isaiah Wynn, OG Georgia
    30) Vikings - Maurice Hurst, DT Michigan
    31) Eagles - Arden Key, DE/OLB LSU
    32) 49ers - Harold Landry, OLB Boston College (Trade: Patriots trade #32 for #59, #78, and the 49ers 2019 4th round pick)

^^^If that mock draft were to occur, the 49ers would still have two 3rd round picks. They could probably trade Armstead for a 3rd or 4th on draft day and have a front seven that looked like this:

LEO - Marcus Davenport
    NT - Earl Mitchell
    DT - Deforest Buckner
    LDE - Solomon Thomas
    SAM - Harold Landry
    MIKE - Reuben Foster
    WILL - Malcolm Smith

Tony Pauline said that the Raiders love Marcus Davenport and are considering taking him with their first round pick. If that is true, this coin toss might be really important for us if Lynch/Shanahan also like Davenport.

I have a feeling Josh Allen is going to slip in the draft. The biggest knock on him is his accuracy, completing just 56% of his passes in the Mountain West. He's also looking terrible during the Senior Bowl practices and drills sailing short passes over the head of his receivers. He looked better yesterday, but nothing that got scouts excited. They're comparing him to Blake Bortles. He could fall to the Redskins at #13 or the Cardinals at #15. My guess is that his stock will continue to drop after the combine and pro day. Deshone Kizer started off the year as a potential #1 overall pick and I think Allen's draft arc may resemble his and he may fall out of the first round completely with guys like Rudolph, Mayfield and even Luke Falk jumping over him in position.

Well Allen is only at the top now because Rosen and Darnold had off years, both were easily above him at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Tony Pauline said that the Raiders love Marcus Davenport and are considering taking him with their first round pick. If that is true, this coin toss might be really important for us if Lynch/Shanahan also like Davenport.
    How does he fit with Irving and Mack already there on the edges? Trade Irving or just let davenport learn for a year?

Page 1 of 226 1231151101 ... LastLast