Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Aldon did have the same issue and the police recovered three assault rifles from Smith's residence. The prosecuting DA, because of who Smith was, offered to lower the gun charges to a misdemeanor if Smith withdrew his "not guilty" plea to a guilty plea, which he did and was sentenced to a slap on the wrist which was 11 days in a work program, 235 hours of community service and $3000 in fines. That may or may not happen to Foster. If it does, then it would suck for him and the NFL. It will make these athletes feel even more untouchable than they already are.
    I'm not sure that there is any evidence that Smith was offered a plea deal "because of who Smith was." Plea deals are a very common part of the justice system. An illegal immigrant who got drunk and caused a head on collision killing my friend's 14 year old daughter and seriously injuring my friend was given a plea deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeWalker View Post
    That gun is illegal in california
    Yeah, but to what extent of illegality? Take the term "assault weapon" with a grain of salt here in CA. It sounds like the firearm in question was legally registered to Foster out of state. If it was a true "assault weapon" by CA standards it would be on the AK/AR-15 list, or the on the RR-list, or modified weapon (example it holds more than 10 rounds in a mag). However, you can still purchase and own AR-15's here in CA... IF they are purchased and registered in CA (yes, it makes no sense because CA is a joke when it comes to gun laws).

If it was firearm that holds less than 10 rounds (and he doesn't have any large clips in his possession and it is a firearm that can be purchased in CA than the charges will be considerably less that if it is on any of those aforementioned lists or modified in any way. Also, if what I've been hearing is wrong and the firearm is not registered to him (or registered at all) then that's a whole other problem and he is ****ed.

Either way it's not good for him, but it will be hard to understand to what extent of trouble he is in for the firearm charges until more details are given/released.

As for the DV... there is no excuse for that no matter how crazy things got in the moment. You just don't touch a women in any form of violent manner period. Especially in today's society.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = Rebuild Mode! Love my fellow Faithful
    Warriors = 2015 & 2017 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    A's = The young talent is here!
    WINNING!

I know he graded well, and I've used our spoiled analysis of having guys like Willis and bowman to compare him to; so I haven't been overwhelmed by Foster. I thought he was ok. He didn't really change any games, or make any earth shattering plays...

BUT... I would have the 49ers get ahead of this and suspended him 6-10 games. The NFL is already suspending him, and the 49ers put a 1st rounder to get him, so let him know this is the final straw. It'll still look unfavorably for Kyle and John, but another team will just pick him up,

KNBR mentioned the other day that Ray McDonald went through so much, and the charges were eventually dropped in exchange for a financial reward to the victim... but the actual findings of the case are irrelevant.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

Foster is a talent. No question about that. The only way I'd even think about keeping him is if the 49ers suspend him for the entire season, regardless of the length of time the NFL thinks he should be suspended for. The NFL could very well suspend him for 5 or 6 games. As an organization, whatever the NFL's decisions is, the 49ers should tack on the rest to make it so he misses the entire season. This gives him a year to get this legal stuff behind him and to see if he can stay out of trouble. In the meantime, I agree with leftymo. He wasn't a game changer but he played well enough to show the world he has super star potential. It would be a $2M hit on the cap, but they won't be paying him anyways.

From what I've read, the team can't suspend him, something in the CBA about having to use the same level of punishment for an infraction. So because they cut Brock over DV, they're required to either cut Foster or wait it out.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    From what I've read, the team can't suspend him, something in the CBA about having to use the same level of punishment for an infraction. So because they cut Brock over DV, they're required to either cut Foster or wait it out.
    You're partially correct. The team is not allowed to suspend him, but it has nothing to do with how they handled the Brock situation. Under the current CBA, teams are prohibited from punishing a player for something covered by the NFL's policies on personal conduct or substance abuse. Any fine or suspension must come from the league. The only thing that the team can do is release him and go after his signing bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by J_mitch View Post
    E. Sanders is reportedly on the trade block. I think he would be an ideal fit in this system.
    I'd rather go after Demaryius Thomas if he's cut which is a possibility.

https://predominantlyorange.com/2018...aryius-thomas/
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    You're partially correct. The team is not allowed to suspend him, but it has nothing to do with how they handled the Brock situation. Under the current CBA, teams are prohibited from punishing a player for something covered by the NFL's policies on personal conduct or substance abuse. Any fine or suspension must come from the league. The only thing that the team can do is release him and go after his signing bonus.
    Ahh well there you go, I know there's a uniformity clause, just didn't know if it applied to this.

Ah, so I guess, it's irrelevant what the niners do.

Cut him, keep him... who cares.

I still like Tremaine Edmunds, and I think since there isn't a pass rusher at 9/10, they might have to bit the bullet and get injury prone Ziggy. They can beef up the line in the middle rounds. They still need an RB, a tall WR, probably another CB or two. With Malcom Smith returning, I wouldn't be opposed to the chiefs LB Johnson in a backup capacity.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

I wouldn’t count on it happening. But if Barkley is there at 9/10, we gotta take him.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...agency-tracker

This is a better FA class than I thought a lot of names that aren’t flashy but graded out well

Huh, never heard of Avery Williamson LB Ten.
    He got good grade.

Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    I'd rather go after Demaryius Thomas if he's cut which is a possibility.

https://predominantlyorange.com/2018...aryius-thomas/
    Yeah I would prefer Thomas. We need that big target in the red zone

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeWalker View Post
    I wouldn’t count on it happening. But if Barkley is there at 9/10, we gotta take him.
    Absolutely, but I doubt that he's there.

This is going way back, and I know people don't all like the player or the draft spot, but I think if he has a good Combine, Sutton should still be in the mix.