Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    If we can't beat 'em, sign 'em
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Muhammad Wilkerson is expected to be cut from theNew York Jets. I see no reason we do not scoop him up asap. If we paid Bradford 18m to do nothing we can pay big Mo 17m to murder fronts.

So here is the obvious. Looks like Franchise Keenum, sign Teddy low. Love the idea. Keenum has played thee best QB play we have had. Guys are having fun, both know the system and it would be nuts not to. How many replays have you watched of remarkable plays Case had? Too many to count.
    So Qb problem settled and now, talks need to be good pieces. Does anyone really think Latavious is going somewhere? Nope. Im glad too if your a Tay-train fan. Good greif! What is wrong with him? The guy is exactly what the Vikings organization love. Good character type with great ball skills. Fast, strong, good hearted, experience, ect,ect.

End that one too.
    I feel like Zimmer loves this bunch. Even Waynes who btw is in hot water. Like Tredwell Waynes has made contributing plays BUT he is a liability. Too much inconsistency.
    Sendeho too. I doubt Zimmer will move from them yet but big competition needs to be going on this camp. I bet some good guys come in to compete in free agency. Dt, Ss, Cb, Nickleback.
    We need Talent next to Linval. Zimmers guy next to Beef at Dt is a Strong, fast pass rushing Dt. I wish we could get Atkins.

Quote Originally Posted by blom85 View Post
    Muhammad Wilkerson is expected to be cut from theNew York Jets. I see no reason we do not scoop him up asap. If we paid Bradford 18m to do nothing we can pay big Mo 17m to murder fronts.
    That would be a helluva signing IMO. I imagine Wilkerson would look at our D and say hell yeah, no more double teams lol.

IF there is a market for Keenum, is it realistic to think we may franchise then trade him ?(where he will restructure)

I don't think that Speilman would ask more than a 3rd rounder or 4th to recoup from the Eagles trade. IF we take that route and we can't trade him we end up with the scenario you just described. Sign Teddy and you have 2 guaranteed Qbs to compete and a chance to recoup some picks in 2018. This is a really good Draft in a few positions of need G,TE,S,CB,RB/KR

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    IF there is a market for Keenum, is it realistic to think we may franchise then trade him ?(where he will restructure)

I don't think that Speilman would ask more than a 3rd rounder or 4th to recoup from the Eagles trade. IF we take that route and we can't trade him we end up with the scenario you just described. Sign Teddy and you have 2 guaranteed Qbs to compete and a chance to recoup some picks in 2018. This is a really good Draft in a few positions of need G,TE,S,CB,RB/KR

i read on roto world that the vikes might try to trade treadwell this off seaason............maybe they pair him off in a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by blom85 View Post
    No thanks. Ever since he was given a big contract a few years ago he has stunk. I would rather have Richardson easily.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    So here is the obvious. Looks like Franchise Keenum, sign Teddy low. Love the idea. Keenum has played thee best QB play we have had. Guys are having fun, both know the system and it would be nuts not to. How many replays have you watched of remarkable plays Case had? Too many to count.
    So Qb problem settled and now, talks need to be good pieces. Does anyone really think Latavious is going somewhere? Nope. Im glad too if your a Tay-train fan. Good greif! What is wrong with him? The guy is exactly what the Vikings organization love. Good character type with great ball skills. Fast, strong, good hearted, experience, ect,ect.

End that one too.
    I feel like Zimmer loves this bunch. Even Waynes who btw is in hot water. Like Tredwell Waynes has made contributing plays BUT he is a liability. Too much inconsistency.
    Sendeho too. I doubt Zimmer will move from them yet but big competition needs to be going on this camp. I bet some good guys come in to compete in free agency. Dt, Ss, Cb, Nickleback.
    We need Talent next to Linval. Zimmers guy next to Beef at Dt is a Strong, fast pass rushing Dt. I wish we could get Atkins.
    Except Murray isn't very good and is set to make a little over 5 million dollars as a back up. Murray's average salary has him as the 11th highest paid RB in the NFL.

Out of all RBs with at least 100 touches, Murray was below average in terms of broken tackles. Murray is supposed to be a bruiser and this is where he should excel. He was 42nd in missed tackles per touch, one of the worst in the league, and tied for 30th in broken tackles out of 55, middle of the pack.

There are better and cheaper RBs available on the market. I mentioned Blount, who made 1 million and 1.25 million on his last 2 contracts. Blount forced 14 more missed tackles (48) on 50 less carries (181) than Murray. He is without question a better player and a better investment than Murray money wise.

Jerick McKinnon forced 9 more missed tackles (43) on 30 less touches (201). We could also look at Dion Lewis. Lewis made 1.2 million last season. He forced 26 more tackles (60) than Murray on 19 fewer touches (212).

Alfred Morris is another better option. He made 1.2 million last season. He only touched the ball 122 times but forced a miss tackle on .246 of his touches (11th best in the NFL) and broke 30 tackles, 4 shy of Murray on 109 fewer touches.

Murray was also 28th in the league in YPC. Behind all of the guys I mentioned besides McKinnon.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 02-14-2018 at 06:33 PM.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Except Murray isn't very good and is set to make a little over 5 million dollars as a back up. Murray's average salary has him as the 11th highest paid RB in the NFL.

Out of all RBs with at least 100 touches, Murray was below average in terms of broken tackles. Murray is supposed to be a bruiser and this is where he should excel. He was 42nd in missed tackles per touch, one of the worst in the league, and tied for 30th in broken tackles out of 55, middle of the pack.

There are better and cheaper RBs available on the market. I mentioned Blount, who made 1 million and 1.25 million on his last 2 contracts. Blount forced 14 more missed tackles (48) on 50 less carries (181) than Murray. He is without question a better player and a better investment than Murray money wise.

Jerick McKinnon forced 9 more missed tackles (43) on 30 less touches (201). We could also look at Dion Lewis. Lewis made 1.2 million last season. He forced 26 more tackles (60) than Murray on 19 fewer touches (212).

Alfred Morris is another better option. He made 1.2 million last season. He only touched the ball 122 times but forced a miss tackle on .246 of his touches (11th best in the NFL) and broke 30 tackles, 4 shy of Murray on 109 fewer touches.

Murray was also 28th in the league in YPC. Behind all of the guys I mentioned besides McKinnon.
    Honestly I wouldn't touch Murray. Maybe add another year to lower his cap hit if possible but the uy ran the rock well. Cook is gonna be the man but he's coming off a season ending injury and for his price tag I would keep Murray just call it a wash what is being spent at the RB position. If Murray runs half as good as he did this year he is a decent trading piece down the road if Cook takes all the snaps. Lets not forget DiFillipo is coming from a system who used a different RB every series so the only change IF any I can see is maybe they try to get Blount. If they can't get him I think they leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't touch Murray. Maybe add another year to lower his cap hit if possible but the uy ran the rock well. Cook is gonna be the man but he's coming off a season ending injury and for his price tag I would keep Murray just call it a wash what is being spent at the RB position. If Murray runs half as good as he did this year he is a decent trading piece down the road if Cook takes all the snaps. Lets not forget DiFillipo is coming from a system who used a different RB every series so the only change IF any I can see is maybe they try to get Blount. If they can't get him I think they leave it alone.
    I donít agree. The Vikings are going to tight against the cap after we resign Barr, Kendricks, Diggs, and Hunter plus whoever plays QB. 5.1 million this season and another 4.4 million next season for at best average play is a poor investment. RBs are a dime a dozen. The Vikings set up his contract so they could get out of the deal with a small cap hit. Yes they'll want security for Cook coming off an ACL but you donít need to pay someone 5 million dollars to do the job when you can find somebody to do the job just as good, if not better for over half the price.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Ya you might be right about Murray getting cut. If we cut him after June 1st we would only be on the book for $600,000 of dead money. It would be a cap savings of $5.7 million this year since his cap hit is actually $6.35 and $5.6 next season. I could see us being hesitant to cut him though with Cook coming off injury. Even though he isn't flashy he did a good job but I agree he is probably making too much money and could be a candidate for cut if we decide to make a splash in FA with either Cousins (who I would love but after what Jimmy P signed, I'll pass) or my top priority in Andrew Norwell. I think CAR will try to resign him as they sit $20 million in cap right now.

I'm betting they look to keep him....they'll quite likely be 2 Kalils short on their line after next year
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'm betting they look to keep him....they'll quite likely be 2 Kalils short on their line after next year
    This may be for the best as I don't know if Norwell fits in with our zone scheme. We need a little bit quicker guys and I think the draft is the best place to find that type of talent. It would be good to add some DT and CB depth through FA if possible though. Mid-tier guys probably but someone like Richardson or Wilkerson would make our D-line top notch.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    This may be for the best as I don't know if Norwell fits in with our zone scheme. We need a little bit quicker guys and I think the draft is the best place to find that type of talent. It would be good to add some DT and CB depth through FA if possible though. Mid-tier guys probably but someone like Richardson or Wilkerson would make our D-line top notch.
    This is the same thing I heard Arif say recently. I doubt we go after Norwell.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    This is the same thing I heard Arif say recently. I doubt we go after Norwell.
    Ah ok, I didn't realize this.