Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast

2018 NFL Draft Thread (Discussion, Mocks, etc.)

Time to move on from Philly and get ready for draft season. We will be picking 30th in the draft.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Hell ya, I love this part! I assume we'll have the 30th pick right?

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Hell ya, I love this part! I assume we'll have the 30th pick right?
    Correct
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

There are so many holes in this team, the draft wont be able to fix them all. I am going to assume we use every draft pick on the OL. They are awful.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    There are so many holes in this team, the draft wont be able to fix them all. I am going to assume we use every draft pick on the OL. They are awful.

We knew they were still weak coming into the season. They played actually about where I thought they would. The problem here is Case made them look better than they actually were. Don't get me wrong, I am still happy we have this line over the one we had 2 seasons ago. Remmers played pretty well this year and Reiff gave up 1 sack. We will need to replace Berger and we should replace Easton. But honestly what other spots do you see outside of QB? Another DT perhaps? Anthony Barr, is average. Do we accept that or do we look for his eventual replacement? There are some ?'s for sure but overall we still have a good team.

Other thread got crazy but I think Vikingsfan quoted me saying it is a OT heavy draft? Sounds good in the first to me.

I think we could use a T and G pretty early in the draft (can move Remmers inside someone mentioned and I agree). I kinda think our other biggest needs are DT/QB. QB would come from outside draft.

T/G/DT key areas to improve on for the draft that means imo. Let's load up and start dominating the trenches

Per the norm, I know nothing of college football. Everything I learn about players will be between now and the draft.
    Hope we spend a couple picks on O line bc we still need a lot of help there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

We need lb's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Other thread got crazy but I think Vikingsfan quoted me saying it is a OT heavy draft? Sounds good in the first to me.

I think we could use a T and G pretty early in the draft (can move Remmers inside someone mentioned and I agree). I kinda think our other biggest needs are DT/QB. QB would come from outside draft.

T/G/DT key areas to improve on for the draft that means imo. Let's load up and start dominating the trenches
    Agreed, and we should also upgrade our depth in the secondary.

We need lb's as well.

What do we do with Barr? We got 1 more year with him but do we accept the fact that he is average or do we move on? But after that last game I feel LB help is needed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    What do we do with Barr? We got 1 more year with him but do we accept the fact that he is average or do we move on? But after that last game I feel LB help is needed as well.
    The problem with barr is that he shows up every now and then and does something ridiculous. It makes you forget the couple games he doesnt show up.

2018 NFL Draft Thread (Discussion, Mocks, etc.)

I think Barr Kendrick's Gedeon is solid tbh, I agree secondary would probably be next on my list. 3rd wr or 2nd te (receiving type) would be nice too.

Im forgetting the regular season, im going by the playoffs and we were exposed defensively. Im blaming the talent level, and we now look like we have holes everywhere.

Im forgetting the regular season, im going by the playoffs and we were exposed defensively. Im blaming the talent level, and we now look like we have holes everywhere.

Against the Saints we gave up 24, but 7 of that was on a Case INT. So in reality, our D gave up 17 against the Saints and Brees made some unbelievable throws to get it done. Imo, not bad!

Yes, we laid an egg against PHI, but I am not panicking on our defense. Besides the Jags, there isn't a team in the league that wouldn't trade their defensive personnel for ours. On offense though, upgrades are needed.

I remember saying this several times the last few weeks that our offense seemed to be stalling a lot more. In the playoffs they put the defense in some bad spots and against good teams we paid for it. That Eagles game though was just something that even bad defenses don't do. The game reminded me of the 3rd road game in a row against Carolina, just sloppy. It really does seem that the miracle that happened caused a major hangover.

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast