Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    29,873

    There's an Atheist in Your Church

    Attended a service this past Sunday at Elevation church in Charlotte, NC. My wife's daughter and her husband are both performers / musicians. The music moved me to tears. I watched people's hearts open to a loving and protective God.

    This is an example of a live performance:
    https://youtu.be/p128KhN0g1g

    The sermons were not as inspiring to me - for obvious reasons, but I thought the message was very smart and could be used wisely by beievers and non-believers. . It had to do with "sampling" the psalms of King David as daily inspiration.
    ďIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.Ē -- Teddy Roosevelt

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,018
    Good stuff... wish I had seen this earlier. Was that your step-daughter and her husband? Or just example someone performing like they do?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    29,873
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Good stuff... wish I had seen this earlier. Was that your step-daughter and her husband? Or just example someone performing like they do?
    I donít think my step daughter performed in this one. She is a part-time, backup singer. Her husband probably did as he is a paid full-time employee of the church. He is a musician and does not sing. He is very very good.

    We hope to move closer to Charlotte in a cpl of years. I will definitely support them by attending the services ó for the music and for them. They are a sweet and caring hipster couple.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ďIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.Ē -- Teddy Roosevelt

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I donít think my step daughter performed in this one. She is a part-time, backup singer. Her husband probably did as he is a paid full-time employee of the church. He is a musician and does not sing. He is very very good.

    We hope to move closer to Charlotte in a cpl of years. I will definitely support them by attending the services ó for the music and for them. They are a sweet and caring hipster couple.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thatís cool. I play the guitar and sing as well... but no where near the level of them folks. Probably because Iím not a hipster... I just need the glasses, the skinny jeans and a beanie!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    29,873
    We just got word that my step-daughter will be singing lead today at one of the satellite campuses. So excited fo her. Its a big step up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ďIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.Ē -- Teddy Roosevelt

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    We just got word that my step-daughter will be singing lead today at one of the satellite campuses. So excited fo her. Its a big step up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thatís awesome. Post the video when you get it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •