Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Frank and possible 2019 pick (and noah) for walker?

I find this intriguing. I know we once traded for cheeks and lost a really good young player. I know about the nene trade

But I don't believe that ny is patient enough for franks growth. And i don't see Jeff as the right coach for him, if we keep Jeff. Frank looks Taylor made for the spurs. May Be the Celtics. I would not be surprised if his best yrs will be elsewhere based on how things work in ny.

Is kimba worth the risk? Well. I think he immediately changes the pace. I believe that he would be motivated to be our 2nd star and with tim and our supposedly great draft pick from a deep draft , we may have a solid foundation for about 5 yrs.

Your thoughts?

What's going on here? Is this a legitimate rumor that you can back up with a source?

Is this your own personal musing?

Clarify please.

Quote Originally Posted by nicnac View Post
    I find this intriguing. I know we once traded for cheeks and lost a really good young player. I know about the nene trade

But I don't believe that ny is patient enough for franks growth. And i don't see Jeff as the right coach for him, if we keep Jeff. Frank looks Taylor made for the spurs. May Be the Celtics. I would not be surprised if his best yrs will be elsewhere based on how things work in ny.

Is kimba worth the risk? Well. I think he immediately changes the pace. I believe that he would be motivated to be our 2nd star and with tim and our supposedly great draft pick from a deep draft , we may have a solid foundation for about 5 yrs.

Your thoughts?
    I wouldn't trade Frank straight up for Kemba Walker. Sure Walker is the superior player right now but in a few years Ntilikina may be even better.
    Rather let Frank develop slowly and see what we have when he's 23.

Jumping to early conclusions is not something this team should do. Walker doesn't make us a contender anyway. All adding Walker will do is make the Knicks an early 1st round exit team that is stuck picking in the middle of the draft. Now if the Hornets want to add KOQ, C Lee, Kanter, 2nd round pick, Baker or Burke then you do it. No 1st round picks and no Ntilikina.

Both teams pass. No way Knicks trade Frank and a first. No way they take back Noah even with Frank and a pick. I think they are more interested in clearing bad contracts than getting future picks.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    I wouldn't trade Frank straight up for Kemba Walker. Sure Walker is the superior player right now but in a few years Ntilikina may be even better.
    Rather let Frank develop slowly and see what we have when he's 23.

Jumping to early conclusions is not something this team should do. Walker doesn't make us a contender anyway. All adding Walker will do is make the Knicks an early 1st round exit team that is stuck picking in the middle of the draft. Now if the Hornets want to add KOQ, C Lee, Kanter, 2nd round pick, Baker or Burke then you do it. No 1st round picks and no Ntilikina.

Jakes new Baseball Card

What is wrong with knicks fans and franchise year 1 we want rebuild 5 months later lets trade our young pg because he's not mitchell or dsj lol.

That would officially be the dumbest trade in Knicks history!

Perry is too smart for that....

Trade Lance and Q for Stanley Johnson and Leuer and be done with it.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    What is wrong with knicks fans and franchise year 1 we want rebuild 5 months later lets trade our young pg because he's not mitchell or dsj lol.
    It's ****ing nuts. Being critical, even overly critical out of reaction and history is one thing. I get that. We all do it but to starting consciously looking for a way to get guys to NY that will hurt the team going forward and repeating the exact same ****ing pattern that has kept the knicks in the lower tier of the NBA? Come on.

Jakes new Baseball Card

No good trade. Trading nilikina has to mean getting a first rd pick back or another really quality young player aside from that you do it for a star like LeBron James, Paul George, steph curry... which are not happening.

Knicks should hold on to an intriguing young player like nilikina who can develop into a quality starting pg, on the other hand, Willy Hernangomezís skills are known and they donít translate to much in todayís nba so the team should try to get a pick or a young athletic talent for him.
    Aside from that, they should focus on getting rid of Noahís contract somehow, and if they canít, Iím happy with what we have for the time being. This team plays hard and is fun to watch, so letís try to enjoy what we have for this year.

well guessing if we had a Mod this would be in the trade thread, so lets not all start making threads on trade ideas, or the pages will be endless.........if there is a link and story then it's great to start a thread......just saying.

But I'm in full agreement with D-leeth......both teams do not do this trade.

And Knick fans this isn't crazy to free Noah's cap space only if you know a top notch FA is coming, then it would have some qualification, but again both teams, no.

And talk about patience, I'm anxious to see what Burke gives us at 1.8mil next season and only 790K this season.

What if Burke who has experience could be that guy that allows Frank to develop?

oh FYI

History, Knicks did this same exact move with Marbury, how did that work out?

Losing picks unless it's a sure thing can really set a franchise back, if Knicks feel Frank has no upside ok, but I don't believe that to be the case.

Marbury, Penny Hardaway and Cezary Trybański were traded to the New York Knicks on January 5, 2004 for Howard Eisley, Charlie Ward, Antonio McDyess, Maciej Lampe, draft rights to Miloö Vujanić, a first-round 2004 draft choice, and an additional future first-round draft choice.

And what about Steve Francis deal? I'd hate to say years from now we had Frank like we all do with Ariza?

In February 2006, the Knicks trade Trevor Ariza and the expiring contract of Penny Hardaway to the Magic for Steve Francis, despite the fact that Francis still had two years left on his maximum-salary deal

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    And talk about patience, I'm anxious to see what Burke gives us at 1.8mil next season and only 790K this season.

What if Burke who has experience could be that guy that allows Frank to develop?
    Agree
    What if Burke gives us some Kemba like Play once he gets comfortable in the system. I rather role with Burke for now and see if he just needed a little bit more development than go and over pay for another teams player. Burke was once considered a top prospect. That talent didn't just disappear. Knicks need to be Patient with letting these young players and Coach develop.
    Last edited by SK6; 01-20-2018 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    What's going on here? Is this a legitimate rumor that you can back up with a source?

Is this your own personal musing?

Clarify please.
    Different scenarios being written about on line. Other players noted. Can't say the Knicks are involved so I guess it can be ignored if desired

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I never once said Mitchell or djs. Frank is not Jeff's kinda player and since when have we developed a player who wasn't ready. We really aren't doing a good job with kp actually.

The ny fan base doesn't wait and turns on players in a blink of the eye.

I like Frank. He reminds me of the patience of Clyde. But I would not want to see Franks value decline. He is raw and we seem to not know what to do with him.

Again. If We had a history of developing raw talent i would say possibly untouchable, but not in
    This market with this team. He is definitely a crap shoot. If Jeff is gone I may see differently. No confidence in Jeff. He seems to be all over the place in figuring out how to coach. Let alone develop. And Frank doesn't get much better without being coached. Not lead by some veteran guard

Imagine what happens next yr and he looks like this.

So I wouldn't shop him but he is not untouchable
    Last edited by nicnac; 01-20-2018 at 01:56 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast