Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Haley would be awesome

I'd love to get Haley.. I think it's a good year to be searching for an OC..

His replacement better be good cause I liked Morton's playbook in Madden

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Haley would be awesome
    Only thing I would worry about with Todd Haley is this: He had Ben Roethlisburger, Le'veon Bell, Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, and so on in Pittsburgh. Right now, are you going to expect the same results with a far inferior product in the NY Jets?
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    His replacement better be good cause I liked Morton's playbook in Madden
    All the playbooks are nearly identical on Madden

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Only thing I would worry about with Todd Haley is this: He had Ben Roethlisburger, Le'veon Bell, Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, and so on in Pittsburgh. Right now, are you going to expect the same results with a far inferior product in the NY Jets?
    Yes. If we get him, we win the Super bowl for the next 10 years.

(No but that will be the expectation of the media and some Jets fans)

The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

All the playbooks are nearly identical on Madden
    Daamm bro checked my *** sheeesh

No but his style is what I think would be good for us.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...62450844925952

Jets expected to promote their QB coach Jeremy Bates to offensive coordinator, per league sources.

7:29 AM - 22 Jan 2018

Meh. Why not? Give him a shot. At least he's been with the team and knows what's going on with the QBs.

As far as I understand, Bates was the real brains behind anything positive about the offense last year. At least that is the message that is being shared in the media from inside the team. Given this and the importance of maintaining some continuity, I am fine with Bates for now, but this year should really be viewed as a trial run.

No more excuses from anyone on this team next year. They need to make a jump to being a competitive team next year. If not, a housecleaning should happen. This is another reason why Bates makes sense. Hard to imagine a more high profile OC coming in when the whole thing could get blown up in a year.

Of course he was the sole reason anything went right according to the team. I think it's obvious this is about continuity. If it goes right they can keep building. But if it doesn't I think we are scrapping the coach and the coach and that means a new OC, so promote from within.

Bates is official.
    I like the write up I read about him. He's supposedly super standoffish with the media and basically a dick except when it comes to football

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Bates is official.
    I like the write up I read about him. He's supposedly super standoffish with the media and basically a dick except when it comes to football
    Citation please.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Citation please.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-je...ordinator-post

"Coaching style: Bates is direct and brutally honest. Some people appreciate his candid approach; others are chafed by it. In Seattle, he was vocal in his support of Hasselbeck, who had an up-and-down year -- perhaps too vocal. Some believed it rubbed people the wrong way and might have contributed to his dismissal. Bates, only 34 at the time, had some maturity issues. That was eight years ago, and the Jets evidently believe he has outgrown them"

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-je...ebuild-offense

"Jeremy Bates is not a laid-back dude," said former NFL player Matt Hasselbeck, who was Bates' quarterback in 2010 with the Seattle Seahawks. "Jeremy Bates is fiery, aggressive and allergic to the media. He makes Todd Bowles look like Bob Costas; he's not comfortable in front of the cameras.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 02-15-2018 at 08:47 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast