Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Cavs don't......practice?!?!?! Is practice overrated?

I feel like this is definitley threadworthy. I have never heard of a team not practicing. So I apologize to VeeRex, but WTF? Does anyone know of any other teams that don't pracitce? And is this on Lue, James, or Management?

I personally feel like stems from "LeCoach"

So given the Cavs are talented AF, how much does practicing do you think can improve a team? Or conversely negatively effect performance?

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1468540
    Isaiah Thomas is clearly not himself.

Thomas averaged 28.9 points per game last season while leading the Boston Celtics to the Eastern Conference finals. However, after taking more than six months to recover from a hip injury, the 29-year-old is visibly still a step slow.

Through five games with the Cleveland Cavaliers, he's averaging 13.6 points on 36.1 percent shooting from the field. And while he had a few promising performances, Thomas has been uneven at best as he tries to play his way back into form.

Only, the veteran-laden Cavaliers, who boast the oldest roster in the league, practice less than any other team in the league, which leaves him with little opportunity aside from game action to catch his stride.

"(Playing games) is the only thing that's gonna help me because we don't practice. Only thing that's going to help me is getting reps," Thomas told reporters after Monday's loss to the Golden State Warriors.

"Running up and down the floor, getting my hip, getting my body accustomed to getting a beating and to run up and down the floor and getting into basketball shape. That's the only thing that's going to help me."

Thomas played a season-high 32 minutes Monday and scored 19 points. That was a welcome bounce-back effort from the four points he put up in a 34-point blowout at the hands of the Toronto Raptors, in which he shot 2-of-15, drawing front iron on most of his jumpers.

"Like I keep saying, I gotta get my legs back. Especially when I get winded, my legs get even heavier. I just gotta keep pushing and keep working and it'll come back," Thomas said.

Like Donny Trump is doing for America after a brutal 8 years, I am making PSD Great Again One Post at a time, doe!!

One Big A-- (8 year) Mistake America. Coincidence? I think not.

Midseason practices are few and far between in the NBA, but the Cavs take it to the extreme (and this isn't a new development, I don't think they've practiced mid season for years). Not the philosophy I'd probably go with when trying to integrate a high volume player mid season, but that's what they're going with.

No. Practice never makes you worse. But overplaying is exhausting so that's why teams just do shootarounds and off days.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    No. Practice never makes you worse. But overplaying is exhausting so that's why teams just do shootarounds and off days.
    I can see how that works. But if you just do like shootarounds with nothing else; you can't develop "game" timing and other things that can't be accomplished in practice, no?

Like Donny Trump is doing for America after a brutal 8 years, I am making PSD Great Again One Post at a time, doe!!

One Big A-- (8 year) Mistake America. Coincidence? I think not.

I'm sure they work in offensive and defensive schemes whenever they can.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

So we're really going to sit here and talk about practice and not the game?
    Don’t forget to smile today, they’re contagious!!!

They obviously need practice though. Lue is a ****boy and Jkidd is better.
    Don’t forget to smile today, they’re contagious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    So we're really going to sit here and talk about practice and not the game?
    Iverson is that you?

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

They need to practice defensive rotations and defense in transition. It doesn't even have to be intense, up and down the floor, all-out practices.

How many times did we see two people close out on the same player in transition vs. GS Monday? They just need to communicate and understand each other's tendencies better.

It's a complete joke that they can be in this amount of disarray and still refrain from practicing.
    The Baker is coming.

I find it ridiculous that the team that openly complains the most about their own offensive and defensive deficiencies puts in the least amount of work trying to correct them

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Welcome to Good Boogie, home of the Good Boogie

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2015

The Warriors very seldom practice. I think the Cavs issue on defense is they don't have anyone on the floor to run the defense from the backline. LeBron doesn't call it out in advance, neither does Love, neither does Thompson. Who is calling out the defensive adjustments and the switches? Wade does it up top occasionally and LeBron does too ... but they just don't have a defensive leader on the floor most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    They need to practice defensive rotations and defense in transition. It doesn't even have to be intense, up and down the floor, all-out practices.

How many times did we see two people close out on the same player in transition vs. GS Monday? They just need to communicate and understand each other's tendencies better.

It's a complete joke that they can be in this amount of disarray and still refrain from practicing.
    The fact that the leaders of both the starting and backup unit are the main culprits of this does not help. LeBron actually has the audacity to yell at his teammates about it mid game also. You can feel the "**** you, you never get back either" vibe in return. Bron teams always have a weird contentious vibe about them though.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    The fact that the leaders of both the starting and backup unit are the main culprits of this does not help. LeBron actually has the audacity to yell at his teammates about it mid game also. You can feel the "**** you, you never get back either" vibe in return. Bron teams always have a weird contentious vibe about them though.
    Because lebron is a *****. And will never be anything more.

We talking about practice?

Not sure why everyone is so shocked. You can certainly tell they haven't been practicing much lately.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast