Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    He saw the writing on the wall. Had he taken a pay cut, I think he could be a decent backup, but he lacks the versatility to play LT.

Vaccaro is walking. Figured the Saints wouldn't pay what he wants. Maybe they can re-sign Bush and add some help at safety.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/sean-payton-game-planned-for-eagles-even-after-minneapolis-miracle-kod-the-saints/amp/

Payton still game planned for the Eagles. Payton had made me like him more this past season.

Nice!
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 03-03-2018 at 07:40 AM.
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

Well we have the replacement for Vaccaro. Coleman is another Ohio St safety that had a down season by his stats last season. Hopefully he can bring something to the table.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...l-with-saints/
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Like I expected Jimmy Graham and the Saints are interested in reuniting

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"

It makes a lot of sense, but he ain't getting $10M a season like in his old deal.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    It makes a lot of sense, but he ain't getting $10M a season like in his old deal.

Jimmy won't even ask for that much bro. He knows he's 31yr old and the Saints won't pay him that much. The only team that could break the bank and sing him to a big sweet deal that's a legit Super Bowl contender like the Saints would be the Jacksonville Jaqs. They have the money, no taxa in the state of Florida, and it'll be a homecoming for Jimmy to play in his home state.

From my Stephen-

My FA wish list

DE- Julius Peppers(carolina)
    TE- Jimmy Graham(seattle)
    WR- John Brown or Allen Robinson or Sammy Watkins
    QB- Teddy Bridgewater(minn) perfect backup for drew
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 03-06-2018 at 02:48 PM.

From my Stephen-

Robinson would be great, but no way the Saints can afford him. He would make the offense historic.

Even though I think that somehow the Saints will add WR via FA Robinson just seems like hes headed for a big payday. I would rather a guy like Paul Richardson he is coming off a break out year so his price tag will go up but he will not be expensive and would be the legit deep threat play maker the Saints lack. I would imagine that his contract would be less then what Kenny Stills got from Miami. I am just trying to compare players with salary. Stills 2016 stats are a little better then Richardsons 2017 stats. Just throwing a name out there. Or the Saints could try to buy low on Terrelle Pryor and take him on and teach him the offense.

Big B I wouldn't be against Teddy B coming to NOLA as the backup but at what price is he going to sign for and I would guess that he is looking to start somewhere.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Even though I think that somehow the Saints will add WR via FA Robinson just seems like hes headed for a big payday. I would rather a guy like Paul Richardson he is coming off a break out year so his price tag will go up but he will not be expensive and would be the legit deep threat play maker the Saints lack. I would imagine that his contract would be less then what Kenny Stills got from Miami. I am just trying to compare players with salary. Stills 2016 stats are a little better then Richardsons 2017 stats. Just throwing a name out there. Or the Saints could try to buy low on Terrelle Pryor and take him on and teach him the offense.

Big B I wouldn't be against Teddy B coming to NOLA as the backup but at what price is he going to sign for and I would guess that he is looking to start somewhere.
    Teddy B injury will hurt him being looked as a starter and also in his contract talks it will hurt him. No team will depend on him being their starting franchise QB due to that horrible injury he had. Teams will go yr by yr to a 2yr contract if he's lucky. And they will bring him in to compete for the starting job, but knowing he would be a great backup QB with the goal of working his way into the starters role as time allows.

From my Stephen-

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78:32210815

I would be happy if the Saints got Paul Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    I would be happy if the Saints got Paul Richardson.
    This is just me as a fan talking I have no idea what NFL GM's specifically Loomis and the Seahawks guy has in mind.

How much cap space do the Saints have to work with this season?

I am sure that answer is going to change drastically as soon as Brees signs.

It's tricky to say what their cap number really is because of a couple of things. The first is Brees's contract. The second is Fairley's contract.

Their cap space now is about $24M ($29M minus $4M-5M for draft picks). If Brees does not sign a new deal in a week, his cap number would grow by $12M. It is being predicted that a deal will get done and that this year's cap hit for him will only raise by $7M (he currently is hitting the team for $6M against the cap). So, let's say around $17M will be available.

If Strief does retire or is cut, that adds $2.775M. They could extend or restructure Morstead and save a couple million. Fleener might retire, but even if he does, that would cost the Saints more than keeping him. If the Saints did make a move at WR, they could theoretically cut Ginn and save another $2.5M, but I don't see that happening.

The issue with Fairley is that he was cut and costs $6M against the cap. The Saints are suing to get some of his signing bonus back, so that number could lower if Fairley is ordered to repay some. It's a bad situation all around. No tests showed problems with his heart until after the signing. I think the Saints had the best medical information they had, and it's not like Fairley was trying to hustle them.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast