Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth:32141410
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    What the Saints need to do:

1) Let Brees go and take their chances with Daniel or Hill while they find the next QB. He will cost the team with a $18M cap hit regardless.

2) Draft another CB. I think Lattimore will be a #2 , if trash like Thielen beats him. No one else in the secondary is any good.

3) Draft more O-linemen. Armstead is always hurt, and they need more depth.

4) Improve the D-line. It was Jordan by himself. Wasting his career.

5) Get rid of Snead and Coleman and find some actual WRs.

6) Release Fleener and draft a TE who can make an impact.

7) Actually improve special teams.

8) Explore trading Ingram or even Kamara. I lost a lot of faith in both. Sell high.
    I'm sure glad your not the GM. You have some good ideas but your bad ideas are so bad I disregarded them. Let Brees go? Was Lattimore a disappointment? Trade Kamara? Ca'mon man. Brutal. Give it a little more thought before posting.
    I posted this when it was 0-17 in Minnesota. I was venting and started this thread figuring they'd lose (and they did). That was an ugly first half, and it highlighted a lot of problems.

I stand by a lot of this. Brees is losing distance and long-distance accuracy (still great in intermediate and short). What did Ingram and Kamara do in the last 5-6 games that was so good? Both averaged under 4 ypc. Kamara was basically a WR after that, but when teams keyed in on the screen game, he would disappear. They're good, but I think people are overrating them.

Lattimore could take care of certain receivers, but it's concerning that someone with no speed (Thielen) had his way. That's not supposed to happen.

I would easily take Brees over about 25 NFL QBs.

I am not seeing how you don't like the Kamara Ingram duo. You do understand that they set an NFL record which means other RB's that have ever played in the NFL didn't do as good as they did in the history of the game.

Adam Thielen is actually a pretty decent WR. Yes he came from a small college and I am not sure if he was even drafted but at 6'3 and a 4.45 runner he is not a bad WR. I think Lattimore will get better and he is a candidate for NFL ROY.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Brees is still above average, but it feels like he didn't play complete games last year. He'd either start hot and cool off or, more often it feels like, start cool for a quarter or half, then heat up. That doesn't work in the playoffs. Maybe better WRs would help.

I didn't say I disliked Ingram/Kamara, but I think they're overrated. They got hot and were better than any RB duo ever, but I think we're crazy to think they can do that again. The previous top duos couldn't sustain that pace. It's historic. I can't see them combining for 3000 yards again. They also weren't particularly good in the playoffs. Carolina shut them down. Minnesota did, too, until Kamara made an impact as a receiver.

I think Ingram and Kamara will do fine in the regular season when the Saints play bad and average defenses, but teams with good defenses make the playoffs. They're a good part of the team, but they're not going to win playoff games by themselves. Also, they struggled the last 4 games against the Falcons, Bucs, Panthers, and Vikings. I didn't like the media thinking the Saints were now invincible because of their RBs.

Brees has no weapons to throw to. He wouldn't even target Snead and Coleman at WR and defenses picked up on that, and whether it was by design or Brees lack of trust in them. Our TE's were also non existent this year as well for example Colby Fleener who missed several games led the TE's with 22 catches for 295 yards and Josh Hill 16 catches 125 yards. Colby was 36th in the NFL in catches by a TE and Hill was 45th which they only have 50 TE's on the list. Its amazing how bad the TE's where this year and the other WR's not named Ginn or Thomas.

Defenses basically had to account for only Kamara, Ingram, Ginn and Thomas. Thomas was elite this year 3rd in the NFL in catches (quick fact is Thielen had a few more yards then Thomas 1276 > 1245). Kamara and Ingram don't play every down together and even though Ginn is a solid player but he is no where near elite.

The Saints need to address the offense and either bring in some people or draft. With that being said I am totally ok with the Saints going defense in the first round.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

I am being super hypothetical here. I just saw an article that Aaron Rodgers mentioned that leaving GB is not out of his mind. His contract is up in 2019 making him a FA in 2020 which I think will be the last time we see Brees in the NFL. I would give him an empty check and have him fill it out to come to NOLA. Obviously every team in the NFL would want him but its just a hypothetical thought.

Jenkins put a bounty on Cooks! Damn!

Congrats to Jenkins on getting his 2nd ring.

Like 2011, the Saints might have been 1 play away from another title.

Saints don't have a ton of FAs, but I really hope they keep Kelemete. He's a great backup and is good enough to start. Sadly, I see other teams figuring that out. BB called him years ago and was right.

I'm okay if Vaccaro walks. If he stays for a reasonable salary, that's fine, too. Don't overpay.

If he's healthy, I would love to see Okafor back, but on a one-year deal.

I would like to keep Bush, especially if Vaccaro goes. Good depth.

If Hill can get coached up, I would let Daniel walk. Out of all the available backups, none are going to be great. Hate to lose Hill on special teams, but we need to see what he can do with an offseason in the system.

Man this has to be most non active group on PSD. Lets do better guys

Quote Originally Posted by LakersSaintsLSU:32184729
    Man this has to be most non active group on PSD. Lets do better guys
    Lol Who Dat Nation
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

With Peters going to the Rams should we try for Johnson at CB?

Quote Originally Posted by LakersSaintsLSU:32190095
    With Peters going to the Rams should we try for Johnson at CB?
    I think he'll be too expensive. If Breaux can get healthy (Saints fired the doctors who misdiagnosed him), signing him for $3M (as a RFA) to play CB2 is preferable to playing Johnson $10M to play CB1.

That would make Lattimore the best CB2 in the NFL.

I want UD to get in here and talk about the Saints adding some LBs to play that 4-4!

I want UD to get in here and talk about the Saints adding some LBs to play that 4-4!
    Bruh that was some big time debats s back then man. Some funny stuff. It takes time to go back, but go back to reread our stuff. Boy do I laugh
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

Saints don't have a ton of FAs, but I really hope they keep Kelemete. He's a great backup and is good enough to start. Sadly, I see other teams figuring that out. BB called him years ago and was right.

I'm okay if Vaccaro walks. If he stays for a reasonable salary, that's fine, too. Don't overpay.

If he's healthy, I would love to see Okafor back, but on a one-year deal.

I would like to keep Bush, especially if Vaccaro goes. Good depth.

If Hill can get coached up, I would let Daniel walk. Out of all the available backups, none are going to be great. Hate to lose Hill on special teams, but we need to see what he can do with an offseason in the system.
    Thanks bro.

Zack Streif is retiring! YESssssss!
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast