Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    to be fair though I would also be pissed if R1 wasn't a QB. even if its Mayfield who I hope its not I would at least be happy that they drafted 1 they believed in because not doing so is not building for our future. so even if he got us talent with Roquan I would hate it

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    to be fair though I would also be pissed if R1 wasn't a QB. even if its Mayfield who I hope its not I would at least be happy that they drafted 1 they believed in because not doing so is not building for our future. so even if he got us talent with Roquan I would hate it
    I agree. Our history shows we don't invest in the future at QB in the draft very often and it has not worked out very well. I wonder if GM's are afraid to draft a QB bust and get canned for it. I think a coaching regime and GM should get more than the one shot at getting a QB that they often get anyway, assuming everything else isn't an absolute train wreck. It's not easy and it's a huge gamble trying to figure out how most QB's will translate to the NFL.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 01-16-2018 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Yea still have 18M in cap in the mock but I also really like Kirk and think he could help replace him.
    Yea I wouldn't be angry with him at all, I'm just nitpicking because its the only thing we can do right now besides argue about Landry lol.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Kirk could replace him but he is a 2nd rounder. every mock has him there. Price is either in R1 or R2 in every mock

Fumagali wouldn't be able to replace Thomas as you wouldn't be splitting him out wide. he would be an ok #2 TE though

Smith would start. he is the only realistic part to me about that mock only he likely doesn't reach 11 its possible that he slips up before the draft

feel Ja'Wuan James will get a much bigger contract than that as I think he will get 10M a year and not 6M

overall its not an offseason that improves the team much. would be picking around the top 10 again
    As I said like twice I was going off CBS where he currently is ranked at a 4th round guy, could very well change before the draft but I'm doing this mock in January - guys will rise and fall on draft boards.

Fumagali is a 3 down TE something Thomas never has been able to do in his career because he can't block anyone. A TE who can actually block and catch passes is something we have not had since early Anthony Fasano, we signed him this offseason to be that guy but at 33 its clear he was losing a step.

I made projections on contracts looking at ones that where signed last year and he compares to Remmers. No way in hell someone gives him 10M a season, would make him the 2nd highest paid RT behind Lane Johnson who already has a 1M+ gap on 2nd and almost 3M gap on 3rd. Between 6M-7M puts him 5th to 13th and thats where he belongs. His number goes any higher he can see the door.

My mock fixes the Oline and LB core, our clear cut two biggest issues for next season. You did very similar things in yours yet mine is **** lol. All because you hate I drafted Roquan Smith a clear stud in the 1st. I don't even think he will be there anyways but its my ideal wish list.

1. you didn't fix OL. you took a massive risk on injury plagued players Pugh and James both of which are 2 of the biggest non QB contracts you will see in free agency
    2. you also didn't fix LB. Roquan is all well and good but Nigel isnt
    3. you didn't fix TE because Fumagali upside is exactly that Fasano. its a massive downgrade from Thomas

whereas I
    1. made a better OL and only paid 1 big contract to do so
    2. upgraded TE and got a better backup than your starter
    3. upgrade RB stable
    4. upgraded WR position
    5. got us a franchise QB. you didn't even bother to get a QB when its a top need
    6. got a better LB core

so basically you don't bring in a QB and don't bring in any offensive help whatsover besides OL. our offense is going to struggle again

James deserves Lane Johnson money its why I don't want to keep him. he is on or above his level talent wise

yes you have said it twice but you had to have seen mocks, known players, and known that no way were you getting Kirk and Price there
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 01-17-2018 at 08:16 AM.

1. you didn't fix OL. you took a massive risk on injury plagued players Pugh and James both of which are 2 of the biggest non QB contracts you will see in free agency
    2. you also didn't fix LB. Roquan is all well and good but Nigel isnt
    3. you didn't fix TE because Fumagali upside is exactly that Fasano. its a massive downgrade from Thomas

whereas I
    1. made a better OL and only paid 1 big contract to do so
    2. upgraded TE and got a better backup than your starter
    3. upgrade RB stable
    4. upgraded WR position
    5. got us a franchise QB. you didn't even bother to get a QB when its a top need
    6. got a better LB core

so basically you don't bring in a QB and don't bring in any offensive help whatsover besides OL. our offense is going to struggle again

James deserves Lane Johnson money its why I don't want to keep him. he is on or above his level talent wise

yes you have said it twice but you had to have seen mocks, known players, and known that no way were you getting Kirk and Price there
    James deserves Lane Johnson $? You're embarrassing yourself man.

Keep an eye on the Linebacker from Va Tech is the 1st round (Edmunds I think is his name)

We are in a great position to get the top guard, one of the top 2 left tackles (slide one to Rt or move Tunsil to LG, a top LB in R Smith or T Edmunds, or a top safety in D James.

I do believe there will be a run of qbs early but don't forget the free agent pool of qbs is rather flush. If Browns sign Cousins then the top of the draft could be thrown all out of whack!
    I would love to see a trade of the Bills sending both 1sts to Miami for pick #11 and maybe a 4th rounder or something is #11 alone isn't enough.

James does if he is healthy. he is a good RT and can play LT at a high level

yea I like Edmunds

FA QBs could indeed throw draft out of whack

Buffalo needs the same thing Miami does. A QB

If I was the Browns I would draft QB and not get Cousins but I find Cousins average and they tried to trade for AJ McCarron once. AJ McCarron sucks so it makes you question what kind of move they will make to screw things up for themselves. I still think the Browns get McCarron one way or the other and screw their franchise and set themselves back. unless they trying to get to the SB the Jags way and having a humdrum QB with a sick top defense

Eli is my favorite QB that might hit FA. Brees wont hit it of course. I know we wont get Eli but in a perfect world I would have Eli and Lamar and not Lamar and Ryan. its my perfect scenario at the position just impossible

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    James deserves Lane Johnson $? You're embarrassing yourself man.

Keep an eye on the Linebacker from Va Tech is the 1st round (Edmunds I think is his name)

We are in a great position to get the top guard, one of the top 2 left tackles (slide one to Rt or move Tunsil to LG, a top LB in R Smith or T Edmunds, or a top safety in D James.
    There's absolutely no way James gets top tier RT money. He's an average player at best. I'd honestly move on from him just because I'm tired of giving players money just because they're OUR average player and not someone else's (think of Branch last year).

Edmunds has been picking up steam. I don't know much about him but everything I've read is that he's an athletic freak like Smith.

And you hit the nail on the head about what will be available. I'd obviously like to be a little higher (mainly in front of Oakland), but we're in a great spot no matter what. I'd consider a trade back but it's have to be a lot just because I think we have a chance of getting a real playmaker here. James has really been moving up my list purely because I think has that attitude we're missing. After watching the Jags game I'm really looking for some FSU players lol.

James is a big long-armed guy so everyone has a long way to run around him if he moves even a little. The problem is he usually moves just a little. I have actually seen him get beaten without moving either foot and just leaning and reaching. Up to his second year I think, maybe more. I have stopped watching him because he is not at all interesting to watch. It is almost comical to watch him try to get out and block on a run play. He should never receive top money. We pay for players like him to come to Miami to replace spots where we have holes due to poor draft evaluations at different positions and that is probably a big reason we have been mediocre all these years. Paying him out of fear of letting him walk would be another mediocre move IMO..

James does if he is healthy. he is a good RT and can play LT at a high level

yea I like Edmunds

FA QBs could indeed throw draft out of whack

Buffalo needs the same thing Miami does. A QB

If I was the Browns I would draft QB and not get Cousins but I find Cousins average and they tried to trade for AJ McCarron once. AJ McCarron sucks so it makes you question what kind of move they will make to screw things up for themselves. I still think the Browns get McCarron one way or the other and screw their franchise and set themselves back. unless they trying to get to the SB the Jags way and having a humdrum QB with a sick top defense

Eli is my favorite QB that might hit FA. Brees wont hit it of course. I know we wont get Eli but in a perfect world I would have Eli and Lamar and not Lamar and Ryan. its my perfect scenario at the position just impossible
    So you want Eli Manning who is a pocket passer because he has ZERO mobility and Lamar Jackson who HAS to rely on his mobility, as his Eli's backup? Think about that....

Lamar can learn on the bench and improve in the pocket. he has already improved a lot in it. this whole just mobile thing is false. people focus on his mobility bc he is so good at running but it makes people stereotype and miss the other things he does great like making passes in tight windows and he already anticipates which is rare coming out and he is smart like Luck smart. he had a horrible OL and horrible WRs. he ran mostly because he had to. both QBs are studs

The reason James should earn that money is because he can play LT at a good starter level. he is actually better on the left side

Mel Kiper has Price and Kirk in his 1st round of his 1st mock

he also has Josh Allen going #1

you know what would be amazing. if Jimmy G signed in Miami

Lol what in the world makes you think James can play on the left? He didn't even play it in Tennessee. Yes some scouts said coming out he might project better on the left but he never end up there.

James literally hasn't been a good since he got moved to the left side his rookie year. Ever since then he's been the inconsistent RT we've seen. Sometimes he looks good and sometimes he looks like garbage. No need to give that much money to an inconsistent player. You'd be doing the same thing we did with Kiko and Branch. Giving money to an average player just because he's OUR average player.

2019 will be our year to hit it big in FA. There are going to be some tough decisions to make in regards to Tannehill, Reshad Jones and Suh come next year, cause all could be cut and we'd be saving close to $40M just with those three. And then we can finally cut bait with Kiko and Branch and save $13M alone there. So I don't expect big things this year, but next year I think we reload big time.

I expect a big OL signing. My #1 FA target is OG Andrew Norwell. He is by far the best OL available and would give us that all-pro presence on the left side. If not, I would go with Pugh or Fluker for OG. I believe that our right side is set (atleast on paper) with Larsen and Davis, although I would really like to draft another OL in the first couple of rounds. We need that LG to go with Tunsil.

My current draft order is:
    1. Quenton Nelson
    2. Roquan Smith
    3. Derwin James
    4. Josh Allen
    5. Marcus Davenport

If these guys aren't there, I would really, really want to trade back and draft Billy Price in the late 1st, or early 2nd. He can play OG this year, and then convert to OC if/when we move on from Pouncey in 2019. Huge value/need if we can trade back, or trade up in the 2nd rd.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast