Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    If Fins dont get a Qb in the first......who's there in the later rnds to snag as a future starter?

Post Combine Mock

1. Lamar Jackson QB Louisville - I'm not straying. trade Tannheill
    2. Leon Jacobs LB Wisconsin
    3. Brandon Parker OT North Carolina A&T
    4. Robert Quinn DE
    4. Jack Cichy LB Wisconsin
    5. Stephone Anthony LB
    6. Darrel Williams RB LSU
    7. Blake Mack TE/WR Arkansas State
    7. Braxton Berrios WR U

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Post Combine Mock

1. Lamar Jackson QB Louisville - I'm not straying. trade Tannheill
    I'm with you... I want a QB in the 1st also... If there's a year to take a QB in the 1st it's gonna be this one...

Trade Landry...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Lamar Jackson can run like Vick, he's amazing to watch. His throwing motion is really ugly. When he's in the pocket he'll stand completely flat footed and he throws it beer pong style. He gets away with it because he's a physical specimen but I don't think he can make all the nfl throws with consistency. He'd have to rely on his legs and I doubt Gase wants that kind of qb.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Jackson might have the highest ceiling in this draft but dude is very raw and needs alot of work on his throwing motion and footwork in the pocket. He is 4th on my list of QBs in this draft.

people are going to be sad when we pick OT Mike McGlinchey at #11.

I'll be sad just because McGlinchy sucks. I'm not angry about drafting Oline just get someone better.

Jackson is my go to QB in this draft because of where I think he'll go. I expect him to go in the early 2nd so if we could snag him then I'll be happy. He needs time so you still get value from Tannehill foe 2 or 3 more years.

The four top QBs will be gone in the top 10. CLE, possibly NYG, DEN, NYJ all could strike, as well as any potential trade ups (BUF now almost for sure). Leaves MIA with a pretty solid player that slips to #11 that should not have.

Plus, for me, Mason Rudolph is a better QB prospect than Jackson. Jackson will have trouble hitting the broad side of a barn in the NFL will how fast the game is.

My sleeper pick at #11 is DT Vita Vea. For some reason, I think the Phins are going to shock people. But what a fricken awesome DL we would have in Quinn, Suh, Vea, Harris, Wake and Branch.

I'd take Rudolph if he was still there at #42 and then trade back into the 2nd round for OG/C Billy Price (think he drops a little due to injury)

1st - DT Vea
    2nd a - QB Rudolph
    2nd b - OL Price

Resign JJ, sign OG (Pugh has officially been cleared), and take care of other small business and then be aggressive in the draft.

Vea wouldn't shock me at all. If the team signs a LB, TE and OG then they don't have an obvious hole to fill. Vea would set them up to cut Suh next season which I'd a move we've seen this staff make. They love to get the replacement in waiting.

I'm still all in on Derwin James though. Make him your FS and move McDonald to LB. Kill two birds with one stone and spend FA fixing the offense. Plus you get that heart and soul that you lost with Landry.

It wouldn't shock me if this team drafted a cheerleader at #11. I'm just trying to find a reason to stay interested. BTW, why did we trade Landry for a 4th and a 7th, when we could have just let him walk and take a compensatory 3rd next year?
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 03-10-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Being getting a 3rd round comp isn't set in stone, if we sign guys in FA then we would of never gotten anything for Landry. Was an easy move to do this, it's the same value as a 19' 3rd anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Being getting a 3rd round comp isn't set in stone, if we sign guys in FA then we would of never gotten anything for Landry. Was an easy move to do this, it's the same value as a 19' 3rd anyways.
    Sorry, I didn't fully explain myself. Why didn't we let Landry walk and not waste our time in FA, allowing our young stable of receivers at least a chance of developing, then take the 3rd next year? I don't think we need to replace Landry. A good offense doesn't run on 112 short catches. Let Drake take some of those catches and maybe Grant or another young receiver and otherwise push the ball downfield some more. That probably means moving on from Tannehill, which I am praying is the reason we took the 4th this year. But I really question our FO so I think it is a long shot.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 03-10-2018 at 02:22 PM.

It's not just signing FA WRs who I don't think we will look at, any FA signings at all negate the ability to get that third. We have too many holes to ignore FA we need at least one OL in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I'm still all in on Derwin James though. Make him your FS and move McDonald to LB. Kill two birds with one stone and spend FA fixing the offense. Plus you get that heart and soul that you lost with Landry.
    I like him a lot as a prospect I just don't see him playing free safety. He played near the line of scrimmage a ton in college, blitzed a lot, and was a run stopper. A bunch of scouts even wanted him to work out as a lb.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

He's definitely a guy that you should try and move all over the place. The reason I think he'd be a good fit at FS is because the staff loves to have both safties play the same role. McDonald Jones and James are all great at blitzing and stopping the run, but only one can shut down a TE or Slot WR. That's where James is going to have the biggest impact. He fixes what I believe is the biggest weakness on the defense.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast