Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    I like Derwin but I would be very disappointed in that pick. I don't know if I'm getting the Derwin from before the injury or after. Both good, one Top 10 material, one not. A very high risk high reward player. Biggest issue is the same as with Peppers, lack of turnover production.

I'd much rather take a CB or OT at that point than James but I'd also rather have James than one of the 2nd tier DEs who have no business sniffing Top 7
    I'm a big J. Jackson fan. I'd be happy to trade down a few to grab him if the top 4 are gone, but I sincerely doubt all 4 of those guys will be gone by 7.

Have you seen Davenport play? Seeing a lot of too 10 buzz on him all of the sudden. I'll have to watch some tape because I'm not real familiar. I like both Clemson DE's if either were to make it to the 2nd. This draft actually should set up nicely for us to get good value at positions of need in the first 3 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    I'm a big J. Jackson fan. I'd be happy to trade down a few to grab him if the top 4 are gone, but I sincerely doubt all 4 of those guys will be gone by 7.

Have you seen Davenport play? Seeing a lot of too 10 buzz on him all of the sudden. I'll have to watch some tape because I'm not real familiar. I like both Clemson DE's if either were to make it to the 2nd. This draft actually should set up nicely for us to get good value at positions of need in the first 3 rounds
    Both Ferrell and Bryant along with Wilkins stayed in school for another year.

I've seen a bit on Davenport, not sure I'm buying Top 15 but maybe if teams think he's better than Landry and safer than key. He went to UTSA, so his competition level isn't great. I think he's a late 1st/early 2nd type guy.

Agreed the hype on Davenport needs to chill a bit. I don't want him in the 1st TBH. Ronald Jones the RB from USC is another back I like, he impressed me in most of the games I saw of them.

I hope we sign Star Litoutlie and Michael Bennett to help the Dline, I'm assuming Ansah will be tagged.

I absolutely love the top 3 corners in this draft. Jackson is worth the 7th pick if our 4 guys are gone. Ward very well may be as well. Have any of you seen Carlton Davis play? He literally doesn't give an inch to the opposing receiver. He doesn't have the speed or playmaking ability as the other 2, and that's why he will ho late first or early second, buy he's completely a shut down defender. Reminds me of D. Revis (yes, I know that's ambitious).

@PFish- really like R. Jones. He's my 3rd ranked back, behind Guice and basically even with Bryce Love. Biggest complaint I have on him is his inability to pass protect. With the amount we run play action, we need someone who can block at RB. Both Georgia backs and K. Johnson from Auburn are good blockers. Watching some tape on Davenport, he looks like a monster. They played a few real teams this year and he produced. So the competition argument may not be as big of a concern as some may think. For me, he is at least in the conversation, after the big 4.
    Last edited by aecon13; 01-25-2018 at 05:57 PM.

Here's my first mock of the offseason.

1. B. Chubb DE, NC State
    2. C. Davis CB, Auburn
    3. S. Michel RB, UGA
    4. I. Wynn G/C/T, UGA
    5. Q. Blanding S, UVA
    6. Brett Toth OT, Army
    7. Nik Needham CB, UTEP

Here's my first mock of the offseason.

1. B. Chubb DE, NC State
    2. C. Davis CB, Auburn
    3. S. Michel RB, UGA
    4. I. Wynn G/C/T, UGA
    5. Q. Blanding S, UVA
    6. Brett Toth OT, Army
    7. Nik Needham CB, UTEP
    I love it, don't fool yourself though picks 3,4 and 5 will be gone. Also Wynn is a G 0nlt in my opinion, but a good one, dominating the Senior Bowl.

I love it, don't fool yourself though picks 3,4 and 5 will be gone. Also Wynn is a G 0nlt in my opinion, but a good one, dominating the Senior Bowl.
    I can see Wynn playing G or C in pros. Tackle is probably not gonna happen. He's a beast..

I think Michel or K. Johnson could be there in the 3rd. If not, I like Wadley as well. I'd also take Chubb in the 3rd, but I'd prefer Michel.

I'm actually pretty confident Blading's there in the 5th. This draft is stacked with DB's. Should be great value between rounds 3-5.

Overall, I know the mock is optimistic, but that's the point. It's what I want to happen lol. Glad you like it.

Players I think we should be looking at in free agency considering asking price and systematic fit.

RB- C. Hyde
    OT- Jawaun James or Cameron Flemming
    OG- Andrew Norwell, Justin Pugh, or Josh Kline.
    C- John Sullivan
    DE- Z. Ansah
    DT- Poe, J. Ellis, Dq. Jones, or Bennie Logan
    CB- M. Butler, EJ Gaines, or Kyle Fuller
    S- M. Burnett or T. Branch

Players I think we should be looking at in free agency considering asking price and systematic fit.

RB- C. Hyde
    OT- Jawaun James or Cameron Flemming
    OG- Andrew Norwell, Justin Pugh, or Josh Kline.
    C- John Sullivan
    DE- Z. Ansah
    DT- Poe, J. Ellis, Dq. Jones, or Bennie Logan
    CB- M. Butler, EJ Gaines, or Kyle Fuller
    S- M. Burnett or T. Branch
    Not too many I would argue with here but a lot I'd add.
    OT Nate Solder DE Demarcus Lawrence DE Michael Bennett (If cut) CB Trumaine Johnson S Lamarcus Joyner RB Jeremy Hill RB Dion Lewis C Ryan Jensen QB Teddy Bridgewater (Backup Only)

God forbid he hits market RB Le'Veon Bell, also decent chance S Tyrann Mathieu gets cut over crazy cap number.

Not sure if you guys have heard rumors this week.
    Rumors are
    Martin and Baker gone
    Sweezy to stay but not guaranteed to start
    Ayers could go either way
    Smith and Dotson will start at OT
    Marpet could move back to G or stay at C based on whether they bring in a G or C

I have no clue why they're keeping Sweezy's ***** add, missed a,season and then was as disappointing as could be, cut your losses, word is they aren't.

Still holding out hope Ayers and Gholston are gone, neither deserve their pay check. Maybe I'd bring Gholston back as depth for a lot less, maybe.

I think it's a big mistake if they're not looking at OTs in this draft, especially early, I guess they could let him adjust to the league on the bench or play them at G for a year with Dotson getting old and this being Smith's last year under contract but who knows

Not too many I would argue with here but a lot I'd add.
    OT Nate Solder DE Demarcus Lawrence DE Michael Bennett (If cut) CB Trumaine Johnson S Lamarcus Joyner RB Jeremy Hill RB Dion Lewis C Ryan Jensen QB Teddy Bridgewater (Backup Only)

God forbid he hits market RB Le'Veon Bell, also decent chance S Tyrann Mathieu gets cut over crazy cap number.
    I agree with those FAs although I might prefer to continue to build the Oline through the draft, we haven't had success when it comes to Oline FA signings, Jensen might be interesting but that's about it. I would really like Hyde, Hill, Lewis, or Crowell when it comes to RB FAs. I could easily see us going after Mathieu if hes cut, Licht knows him well from his Arizona days. Talib might be on the trade block and GMC really wants him and Bennett back.

Are you saying no to Bell? I think we have bigger needs but wouldn't be mad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    I agree with those FAs although I might prefer to continue to build the Oline through the draft, we haven't had success when it comes to Oline FA signings, Jensen might be interesting but that's about it. I would really like Hyde, Hill, Lewis, or Crowell when it comes to RB FAs. I could easily see us going after Mathieu if hes cut, Licht knows him well from his Arizona days. Talib might be on the trade block and GMC really wants him and Bennett back.

Are you saying no to Bell? I think we have bigger needs but wouldn't be mad about it.
    I can't imagine Bell hitting Free Agency in his prime. I'd be all over that, real game changer. Averages about 1300 rush yards, 8 rush TD, 65 catches a year when healthy.

Not trading for Talib or Bennett if I am Licht. Bennett could/should be signed if cut, Talib can hit the bricks, don't need a criminal like him around our young team. He's a disgrace to the league.

I'd be cool with Mathieu if cut as well.

I have no problem building our OL through the draft if defense gets significant help in FA. A Guard ot Center in Round 1 or 2 and possibly a mid round OT seems like the most we can expect. I like Nelson, Price, Hernandez and Wynn as day 1 interior starters.

Martin, Sweezy, Baker and Ayers should all be gone. I'm okay with keeping Gholston. I'm not big on the FA RB market outside of Bell or Hyde. The rest of the group is overwhelmingly mediocre and the RB draft class is great. I would honestly rather spend our money on something other then Bell or Hyde, but I wouldn't argue against bringing either of them in. CB and O-line are good positions to hit in FA becasue we could use more then one player at both spots.
    Last edited by aecon13; 01-29-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Just read Pewter Report new mock draft 2.0. What a flaming pile of garbage.

1. Their strategy was terrible, it all stemmed from wanting a 3-4 and only helped to accomplish that.

2. The team doesn't get much better in any way shape or form.

3. Almost every pick was half a round, a full round or multiple rounds ahead of a reasonable place to draft each player.
    Vea at 7- mid 1st to early 2nd talent
    Rashaan Penny at Top of Rd 2 - Late 2nd to early 4th talent
    Alex Cappa at Top of Rd 3 - 4th to 5tj talent

4. This draft would lead to another season with 6 or less and the entire coaching staff and front office being fired.

WORST CASE SCENARIO

Yea they are all about Vea for some reason.

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast