Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Brate gets 6 years, 41 million, 18 guaranteed.

Evans and Brate under contract through 2023.
    I like that we resigned him cause of his connection with Jameis but how bad does this hurt our cap space?

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    I seriously respect our organization for bringing back the in house guys we wanted first. Putting a priority on our own guys that we like moving forward says a lot. I think we wanted to do this first to see where we are at financially so that we spend efficiently but wisely in FA moving forward. I still expect us to sign Gaines. If we do I think that means CB in the draft drops to a need in the 3rd to 5th round range.
    With Grimes coming back, expect to see us drop out of the Tru Johnson negotiations and sign Gaines instead. As far as drafting an eventual replacement, Anthony Averett is a 3rd round prospect out of Alabama and probably the best "zone coverage" corner in this draft next to J. Jackson. Keep an eye on him!

^I'd re-sign him for backup money, but rather replace him if he wants starter money. He is a "low end" starter at best.

Pamphile might be out. Some teams think he can start full time at G.

We are targeting Catanzaro (K) as competiton for Murray.

We also want to bring back McClain for a year. He wants more stability.

Somewhere in the vicinity of 45 Million.

Id be all in on Gaines, Averett and VGlll as our corners after next year moving forward. Add in the honey badger with Justin Evans and thats a dynamic young secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategist View Post
    I like that we resigned him cause of his connection with Jameis but how bad does this hurt our cap space?
    Rough estimate of 50 mil cap space after Evans, Brate, Grimes and Glanton

Licht has a good habit of paying a little more early in contract to keep team cap good on the back end.

He's only the 13th highest paid TE right now, other guys will get paid more during the deal and team cap will keep going up. It's a fantastic extension, this is Licht's best ability as a GM.

Don't expect us to not bring in Free Agents but it could be 1-2 and then just depth. Peyton Barber still has to officially get brought back (ERFA), Humphries is a RFA, McDonald and McClain are UDFA. Whoever they resign out of that group will cost us some money.

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    ^I'd re-sign him for backup money, but rather replace him if he wants starter money. He is a "low end" starter at best.
    Agreed. Some replacement options available in free agency or draft Nelson

I read the McClain report, not sure I believe it. I think they want to upgrade across from Grimes.

Some guys here wanted Suh next to GMAC a few years ago. Not saying I would do it but are you guys on board?

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    Id be all in on Gaines, Averett and VGlll as our corners after next year moving forward. Add in the honey badger with Justin Evans and thats a dynamic young secondary.
    Who would you draft in the first in that scenario?

Some guys here wanted Suh next to GMAC a few years ago. Not saying I would do it but are you guys on board?
    I wasn't on board then, not on board now, 31 years old likely costing 13-15 mil per. Cheaper, younger run stuffer on market to clog middle

I read the McClain report, not sure I believe it. I think they want to upgrade across from Grimes.
    Are we gonna go ball out and get Tru? Or like what has been suggested and get a 2nd tier corner. Koetter is on the hot seat followed by Licht.

I wasn't on board then, not on board now, 31 years old likely costing 13-15 mil per. Cheaper, younger run stuffer on market to clog middle
    I could see why someone would want to but like you said its too costly with more pressing needs to be addressed.

Are we gonna go ball out and get Tru? Or like what has been suggested and get a 2nd tier corner. Koetter is on the hot seat followed by Licht.
    No, bringing back Grimes kills the chances at Johnson or Butler.

Gaines at 8-9 mil is the top end or somebody a little cheaper could be a more modest upgrade, think Justin Bethel, DRC, Breeland, Amukamara, etc. Not naming anyone specifically just the group of guys above McClain but below Gaines.

Could also address something else In FA and address CB in Draft, so many moving pieces. Right now my money is on a starting NT and then one starter at G/C, S or CB.

Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast