Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Alcohol I could absolutely believe. The only question that needs to be answered is this - did they wake up for an early morning boating trip? Or was the 6am boating an end of the night thing. I feel like once I know that answer, I will have an understanding of where his mid was at.
    Police say no foul play or anything. I wonder if he jumped in, came up under the boat and whacked his head.

Very possible. Something along those lines for sure. In order to sink like that and dissappear you'd think he didn't have his breath when he got KO'd.

I've really enjoyed the extra element that the salary cap has added to the league.

I've really enjoyed the extra element that the salary cap has added to the league.
    I agree. Even though our favorite team could spend 200+ million on a roster if they wanted, the cap is a good thing and quite fun to track.

Anybody play NHL 19 yet? The skating is wayyyy better.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Anybody play NHL 19 yet? The skating is wayyyy better.
    It's waiting for me a tthr post office, picking up today. Hoping franchise mode is revamped. Scouting looks wayyy better.

xbox or playstation?

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    It's waiting for me a tthr post office, picking up today. Hoping franchise mode is revamped. Scouting looks wayyy better.

xbox or playstation?
    PS4. The scouting is a lot different. Still kinda figuring it out. NHL Threes is pretty sick. Bigger upgrade this year compared to last.

PS4. The scouting is a lot different. Still kinda figuring it out. NHL Threes is pretty sick. Bigger upgrade this year compared to last.
    I'd like them to add a coaching staff feature as well and custom goalie masks.

Was a fan of threes, online it can be frustrating though. I'm on xbox.

Ps4 here. NHL is out already? Feels like I just picked up NBA.

I'm pretty much strictly a franchise mode guy. I simulate the regular season and play the playoff games. So happy to hear they repaired scouting. Hope it's less labor intensive through the season.

Of all the franchise modes, NHL is easily the best though. NBA is flukey and I always have a golden State style team within 10 seasons. The salary cap was the best thing to happen to franchise mode in NHL. It makes you pick your top 6/top4 very carefully, and makes you have to draft well to fill out your bottom lines. You can't just save up assets to trade for a team of top guys.

They tried to fix this with NBA but if you take the long term approach then you can trade for picks that will be top 5 and load up your team with potential. Not having a hard cap you can re-sign your guys.

The tough thing with the way I play franchise mode (simming the regular season) is the number of shots guys take in sim mode. Many of the top players barely shoot and put up crap numbers because of it. Someone like Matthews is basically a shut down defensive forward when you sim. Tavares puts up a lot of shots so he will stay. Marner puts up a lot of assists so he works with guys who take a lot of shots like Keller, Jost, forsbaka-karlsson, mccavoy ect.

What i'm seeing from freddy and the defense now with Muzzin + Morgan stepping up massively and our high powered offense...

I think we're officially contenders. God that feels so great to say outloud lol.

What i'm seeing from freddy and the defense now with Muzzin + Morgan stepping up massively and our high powered offense...

I think we're officially contenders. God that feels so great to say outloud lol.
    I still think the D needs another top 4 D. Zaitsev is god awful. Dermott and Hainsey are a good 3rd pair. It's just a nightmare having a D as bad as Zaitsev with a D like Gardiner who can go scatter brained at times and cost a game. Gards needs a dependable partner to take the pressure off. He does not handle pressure well.

I still think the D needs another top 4 D. Zaitsev is god awful. Dermott and Hainsey are a good 3rd pair. It's just a nightmare having a D as bad as Zaitsev with a D like Gardiner who can go scatter brained at times and cost a game. Gards needs a dependable partner to take the pressure off. He does not handle pressure well.
    Imo gardiner is the unreliable player in that pair.

Imo gardiner is the unreliable player in that pair.
    They both are lol.

Last week at work I was laughing so hard at my supervisor because a sea gull crapped on him. Today I was walking to the work truck and splat. All over my forehead and nose. What goes around comes around lol.

Apparently it's good luck when that happens.. haha
    [CENTER]Leafs/Jays/Raptors/49ers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123