Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dunn/Lavine/Lauri: THE CORE THREAD

With Lavine making his debut, we will get our 1st look at our potential core that the Jimmy Butler trade netted us. Figured there should be a thread to discuss how they progress and play together this season.

It's a really exciting core, tbh. I think Lauri is going to be phenomenal. I think he could be a top 10ish guy in the league in a few years. I have always been super high on LaVine and thought he was going to be better than Wiggins years ago. The injury is a bit scary but if he can stay healthy, the sky is the limit for him too. I was never high on Dunn but he is starting to prove me wrong. He looks much better than I would have thought he would so far. His efficiency needs to improve, but there are some encouraging signs there. He also plays lock down defense, is a bit of a closer, and just plays with a swagger.

I think the Bulls need 1 more wing player to really compliment LaVine and Dunn. Someone like Bagley or Michael Porter, perhaps. The league is too athletic and too deep at the wings to not have 2 guys at least 6'5 or taller who can handle it, score it, and defend. Holiday and Valentine aren't bad, but they would be best served off the bench. The Warriors, Cavs, Rockets, and the other top teams in the league are just too talented to have many deficiencies on your roster.

I think if we can land a 14-20 1st for Niko, and land a top 10 next year, we will have an extremely deep team built up. Kind of why I wouldn't mind us taking a chance on Michael Porter and sitting him a year similar to Ben Simmons. I do really wanna see how he plays vs. college talent though.

Denzel/Portis/Nwaba/Niko 1st/2019 1st could be our bench.

Dunn/Lavine/Porter/Lauri/Rolo could be our starting lineup.

Let them all grow in 2019/2020 season, and use our cap on veterans and trade some of your young depth for more future assets in the 2020 summer.

The thing I like about Dunn is how elite he is on defense. He is a pretty good passer and can get to the rim and has a solid mid range game. Lavine and Lauri are who I look at as our future scorers. Potentially our draft pick as well this year. It's all about where we land in the draft though. If we fall to a late top 10 this year, it won't be the worst thing taking a SF like Mikal Bridges. It'd be awesome having Dunn's length and D at PG and Mikal's length and D at SF. Let Lavine and Lauri light up the scoreboards.

I predict some *** kicking for the rest of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsauce View Post
    I predict some *** kicking for the rest of the year
    Let's hope not lol! We still want a top 5 pick in these parts!

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Let's hope not lol! We still want a top 5 pick in these parts!
    It would help.

These 3 all look good in their own way. Lauri and Lavine look like they could be great scorers in this league. Dunn is as elite defender as they come. One plus to our play is that after next years draft, and another year of experience for Dunn/Lavine/Lauri, veterans are going to want to join in on the fun...and we are going to have the money to make that happen.

That was a big difference in the Rose era where we were always strapped for cash. Time and money is on our side for this rebuild.

I don't care whether we win or lose, I just want to look good while we play, which we have been. It's awesome having fun back into this team which has been lacking for 3+ years now. The trade has been a major plus for us. It got us our three best players basically and the negativity that was associated with Butler left.

The crowd has more juice, the bench is bouncing around during the game and the boards even have a bit more oomph to it here.

I agree with all that. I'm just greedy. I want a stud this draft. I love when we look great but like when someone like Holiday or Grant blow it.

Really do love the pep in our step though. For all the hate our FO and Hoiberg have got, we traded a top 10 player who is a top 3 2-way player, and we are already miles ahead of some teams that have been rebuilding for years and years. Sacramento, LAL, Brooklyn, Orlando aren't any closer to being a playoff team then when they started rebuilding.

Yep have to give credit to management on this one. We got 3 starters for Butler. Sure none of them are top 10 or 15 that Butler was but its been a very good trade.

Butler also didn't become a top 20 until he was 25/26 years old. Dunn is the PG/SG defensive version of the SG/SF Jimmy. Lavine and Lauri both have the chance to be more pure of scorers.

One of the few trades that works out beautifully for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    One of the few trades that works out beautifully for both teams.
    Indeed.

Lauri / Dunn / Lavine are the 3 main pieces.

Then, Nwaba could be on this group longterm. Denzel too. But it all depends on what they will demand once their contracts end.

Niko will be gone. Now or in the summer.

Portis is the guy that i dont have a clear opinion about him. He is signed until 2019 and the bulls should start wondering if they intend to extend him or not. I guess it all depends on what he thinks he will find in FA market $$$$.

Zipser has no use except for vet min.

I can see Holiday here. He likes it here. Im not sure if we can get anything decent for him (1st pick) in a trade without getting a Bad contract in return.
    Rolo could be in a similar situation to Holiday... but my guess is that when his contract ends he will go somewhere else.

Grant. I hate grant lol.

Final mention to Antonio. 35 ppg in the G-league.

Just some random thoughts. This FO will have some hard decisions to make the next couple of years.

A lot of that early backlash from that trade could have been avoided if we wouldn't have traded our 1st too. It would have been nice getting a guy like Ferguson there. I'd say Kuzma but we weren't going to draft Lauri and Kuzma with Niko and Bobby already on the roster. But man if we did, we would have had some trade bait.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast