Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 171
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,287
    Lance Thomas played more minutes that game than Kanter, Beasley, Tim, Frank and Q but didn't score a single point and only attempted one shot. Yet Jack played the 2nd most minutes.

    That **** can't happen or they will never win no matter who else they have on this team.

    Jeff looks like the tank leader right now too me!

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    3,122
    Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Yes, the Knicks need those guys to play better and to become acquainted with each other by starting together. They need to develop Chemistry. Imo, KP needs someone to Lead him. He needs an Alpha Playing next to him.

    I see a Great future for the Knicks in a scenario where the Knicks have:
    An Alpha Player that can create his own offense while also facilitating for others > KP > Timmy > Frank + Athletic Center that can Defend, hit a long jumper, Clean up the boards and hits his free throws at around 70% clip.
    Hopefully Frank develops into something special but the Knicks can't count on that. They have to assume Frank is what he is and build around his weaknesses which means finding another player that can break down a defense while running an offense. In a best case scenario that player would play the Point Forward position.
    You mean Draymond Green.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,968
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    yea but there are also 6 teams ahead of the Knicks presently in the playoffs all with 20 losses, which put them all only 7 losses from the 4th worst record.

    It is way too early yet but Knicks are on skid so I get it.

    But as a fan and wanting our future to look bright, we really need the KP, Timmy, Frank to play much better and keep improving.
    I donít think itís realistic to expect 4, but Iíve always been saying theyíll be in the 8-11 range and Iím sticking to that. Seven is starting to look possible as well.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,849
    Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Yes, the Knicks need those guys to play better and to become acquainted with each other by starting together. They need to develop Chemistry. Imo, KP needs someone to Lead him. He needs an Alpha Playing next to him.

    I see a Great future for the Knicks in a scenario where the Knicks have:
    An Alpha Player that can create his own offense while also facilitating for others > KP > Timmy > Frank + Athletic Center that can Defend, hit a long jumper, Clean up the boards and hits his free throws at around 70% clip.
    Hopefully Frank develops into something special but the Knicks can't count on that. They have to assume Frank is what he is and build around his weaknesses which means finding another player that can break down a defense while running an offense. In a best case scenario that player would play the Point Forward position.
    How many natural point forwards are there in the league now? Off the top of my head I could name three; Greek Freak, LeBron, and Draymond Green. I'm not counting on finding players that cover other deficiencies anymore, they already have to find a specialist player to play the four/five next to KP, because KP seems to refuse to man up and add the necessary strength to play paint.

    The Knicks need to find two way players, who have the necessary skills to play their position on both offense and defense.

    This is why if I am the Knicks I start Frank if not now, very soon. Even Greek Freak (a guy who is mentioned when we speak about Frank) started 23 games as a rookie. We need to see if his lack of production is a talent thing or a confidence thing... And as I stated in the other thread, if it is a talent thing, meaning he continues to not be able to beat his man or get to the whole on offense, you deal him after his rookie year like Philly did with Michael Carter Williams for another first rounder.

    If its just a confidence thing and he improves, then you have your point guard pillar going forward. But as of now the knicks still need a point guard to do the things you've highlighted... Finding that point forward to hide the deficiencies of a point guard will be difficult... whereas finding another point guard won't.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    26,210
    Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Agree 100% Frank should start so that he can adjust to the speed of most NBA Starting Guards. The sooner he takes his lumps there the sooner he can learn.
    Keep Jack coming off the bench as a mentor to Frank.
    Dotson should be coming off the bench for Tim. Thomas should be a situational player.
    I think Frank will start after the all-star break.
    He's clearly hit a wall. It's not shocking. The kid has never played this much in his life. The college players here were all starters and played a full season of 30+ games. I think the Euro league is 30 games plus playoffs. Frank probably played fewer minutes per game than he has here.
    Clyde made the, rookie wall, comment last night. I hadn't even thought of that. But it makes sense.

    I think he comes back from the break a bit more confident and ready to start. Right now, keep him where he is.



    The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,523
    KP is still hitting the rookie wall at year 3..

    -I now baptized you as Porzingod.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,587
    Kp was never the man before. In Europe he was always a good young player from the bench. Itís mentally challenging to develope a killer instinct. Figure out his Shot selection, his go to moves and when to pass. Hayward developed it constantly took him some years. I also think his talent is there, his body is nowhere close. Give him some time. He will only get better.

    A better coach would help. But donít know if one is out there at the moment and Iím all for consistency.

    Same with frank. I feel he has more leader in his character, which is a great sign.

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,587
    If Hornacek continues to play lance Thomas, OíQuinn, lee and jack heavy minutes after the trade deadline, he should be fired.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    40,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think Frank will start after the all-star break.
    He's clearly hit a wall. It's not shocking. The kid has never played this much in his life. The college players here were all starters and played a full season of 30+ games. I think the Euro league is 30 games plus playoffs. Frank probably played fewer minutes per game than he has here.
    Clyde made the, rookie wall, comment last night. I hadn't even thought of that. But it makes sense.

    I think he comes back from the break a bit more confident and ready to start. Right now, keep him where he is.
    I love Clyde but when he said that I thought yea for guys like you and guys like KP and guys that play more than 30+ min you hit a wall.

    He has not been getting crazy minutes and some nights doesn't even get 20, and he's not 22 he's 19 and should not with this amount of minutes hit any wall half way through the season.

    He is just flat out not improving, hitting a wall means you play say 15 min then show tiring, Frank gets on the court and does the same thing the second he gets on so you can't be tired in your first minutes on the court.

    I mean I'm turning 59, still play and I know I do not have the stamina to keep up with 20 or 30 year olds any more but those first few minutes damn I'm right there lol......then I'm looking for the oxygen and water.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    30,101
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    with who??
    With us.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    40,238
    As far as KP, the Knicks coaching staff in this area is clueless, and Jeff says the same thing over and over and over, swing the ball, wellllllllllll

    Why then are you allowing KP to constantly post up, be in almost every possession and try to do it all?

    If you notice the great players even Lebron who plays the most minutes he gives his mates a chance to get into the flow of the game, kind of steps aside, and gets the ball and swings it really fast, then when needed he takes over.

    The beginning of the year the ball was flying and we were all so damn impressed and now KP thinks his height he has to shoot every possession.

    Last night he shot 3-5 from three, because he squared to the basket, set and shot, with limited energy used, those multi dribble (gets him in trouble) turn around jumpers his percentage stinks, so use them wisely.

    That is why playing now with Lance is not helping him because Lance is a dead hole and teams dare him to shoot and when he dribbles don't tell my we all don't go oh noooooooooooo.

    Timmy back KP is right this helps a lot, Timmy is not gun shy and helps open the court and Lee will have more open shots as well.

    The PG play is still a concern and when that gets worked out KP will also have less time with the ball.

    I'd actually like to see Timmy in more of a point 2 guard area where he is the pick and roll guy, he breaks down his man, could work or maybe not but if you don't try we will never know, again till the PG situation works out.

    Last comment is KP is jumping all over the place on defense he doesn't come out on the three but damn he covers the rim really well and that is exhausting as well...........folks that's on Jack because everyone blows by him even in slow motion........

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    26,210
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I love Clyde but when he said that I thought yea for guys like you and guys like KP and guys that play more than 30+ min you hit a wall.

    He has not been getting crazy minutes and some nights doesn't even get 20, and he's not 22 he's 19 and should not with this amount of minutes hit any wall half way through the season.

    He is just flat out not improving, hitting a wall means you play say 15 min then show tiring, Frank gets on the court and does the same thing the second he gets on so you can't be tired in your first minutes on the court.

    I mean I'm turning 59, still play and I know I do not have the stamina to keep up with 20 or 30 year olds any more but those first few minutes damn I'm right there lol......then I'm looking for the oxygen and water.
    First of all, good on you man! Make the youngsters work!

    Last year he only averaged 18 minutes a game and that was a 30 game season. We are at the 42 game point and he's averaged 21 minutes a game. he's playing more than he ever has and at a different pace. It will take a toll.

    I agree he's not growing right now but I am of the belief that growth occurs in phases of expansion and contraction. He's in a contraction phase. He looks confused and more tentative than he has all season. I think the speed of the game has caught up with him and is blowing his mind a bit. You can see it in his passes, they get lazy. You can see it in his shot, which seems to be short. You can see it in how much more quickly he gives up the ball and then watches the game.
    You still see the flashes of a great pass or great move to the rim but you are seeing less of them as his body responds to the increased work load and as his brain responds to the game.

    I think this year is a rough one for him but honestly, the only thing I'm worried about with him is his confidence.



    The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

  13. #148
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    40,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    First of all, good on you man! Make the youngsters work!

    Last year he only averaged 18 minutes a game and that was a 30 game season. We are at the 42 game point and he's averaged 21 minutes a game. he's playing more than he ever has and at a different pace. It will take a toll.

    I agree he's not growing right now but I am of the belief that growth occurs in phases of expansion and contraction. He's in a contraction phase. He looks confused and more tentative than he has all season. I think the speed of the game has caught up with him and is blowing his mind a bit. You can see it in his passes, they get lazy. You can see it in his shot, which seems to be short. You can see it in how much more quickly he gives up the ball and then watches the game.
    You still see the flashes of a great pass or great move to the rim but you are seeing less of them as his body responds to the increased work load and as his brain responds to the game.

    I think this year is a rough one for him but honestly, the only thing I'm worried about with him is his confidence.

    I get the 30 games but that doesn't mean they are idle just waiting for the next game, they are probably going harder in practice for 3 hours and then doing drills, at least one would hope so.

    And when you watch the Olympics I really don't see guys playing the US getting tired, and they go end to end and move the ball.

    I still stand that any 19 year old playing 20 minutes after 42 games should not be tired, he don't look tired, just hesitant, just afraid to make a mistake.

    At 19 and Jeff has done this to him, he is now getting pulled quickly for a mistake, bad pass, etc........Jeff is the coach and going for wins, we get it but he is not giving Frank a chance to play through the mistakes.

    There are two rules of thumb on this but I don't see it getting better so I'd like to roll with Frank learning on the fly.

    We have seen other picks this year grow now, and they were making the same mistakes if not more, but they are not looking over their shoulder and worried about being pulled, this will affect a 19 year old kid for sure.

    You see it in his face.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    40,238
    Check out DOT in the Show Case, if nothing else he had to get noticed.

    he did it on both ends, you should watch the full game, Knicks have some potential, too bad Mayes is what 28 yr's old? he looks good in Burke's place. Knicks have two- 2 way players that possibly can move up next year as well to bad one is a center lol,

    http://gleague.nba.com/games/20180112/WESACC/

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    3,942
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I love Clyde but when he said that I thought yea for guys like you and guys like KP and guys that play more than 30+ min you hit a wall.

    He has not been getting crazy minutes and some nights doesn't even get 20, and he's not 22 he's 19 and should not with this amount of minutes hit any wall half way through the season.

    He is just flat out not improving, hitting a wall means you play say 15 min then show tiring, Frank gets on the court and does the same thing the second he gets on so you can't be tired in your first minutes on the court.

    I mean I'm turning 59, still play and I know I do not have the stamina to keep up with 20 or 30 year olds any more but those first few minutes damn I'm right there lol......then I'm looking for the oxygen and water.
    I agree with you. Theyíve been babying him all season. He plays 20 minutes or less and has missed a few games. The point you made about him just not improving is troubling. You want to see Atleast some improvements at this point in the season.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •