Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    My initial reaction to this is just to roll my eyes because it's ********, but then again that was my reaction to all the "trade Russell" talk, and then bam, it happened. So who knows. I think it'd be a really stupid move unless some mega coach was the next guy up.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    I don't buy this at all. Need to hear some legit sources first. I'd rather give Luke 4 years, 3 full years bare-minimum.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    I don't buy this at all. Need to hear some legit sources first. I'd rather give Luke 4 years, 3 full years bare-minimum.
    It comes from a pretty credible source. This issue for me is the fact that magic hasnít shut this down. This new quiet magic leaves room for speculation. So far no one with any say so has come out and verbally backed Luke. Thatís a bad sign.

The lost boys

Quote Originally Posted by Laker Legend42 View Post
    It comes from a pretty credible source. This issue for me is the fact that magic hasnít shut this down. This new quiet magic leaves room for speculation. So far no one with any say so has come out and verbally backed Luke. Thatís a bad sign.
    Agreed, coming out blabbing and then just suddenly going quiet is kinda ridiculous unless he plans to stay quiet from here moving forward. Saying that, he needs to pimp slap Lavar shut and either come out and back Luke here or make the move and bring in Fitzdale as an asst.

I respect Magic more as the President of the Lakers more now that he's keeping his trap shut. I understand when he 1st took over the Lakers he was overzealous and was all over the TV. He went on and on about his plan and 2 max players in 2018. That had to also bring some discontent into the Lakers locker room from his own players. I've said this before, Magic is very much at fault for Luke to somewhat lose his locker room.

Really, what can Luke do with Randles shirtty attitude. If He doesn't play him and that would totally diminish his trade value. FO isn't gonna go for that. He hasn't been a starter all year nor has even been playing PF this season, now all of a sudden he's the starting PF. Don't see how that was Luke's call.

Luke is just a lame duck out there. How can he get respect from his players when he lets the FO have so much of a voice on who plays and starts even.

This reminds me so much of the MK final years situation. I was always MKs biggest defenders here in PSD. IMO he was easily a top 3 GM until JB came along. And no I'm not at all saying Luke was ever a top 3 coach or close to it.

I compare the 2, MKs final years and Luke now, on them letting the higher ups call the shots on their jobs. That was my biggest gripe about MK, him not standing up to JB and telling him to let him do his freaken job. He became a lame duck GM. Lost a lot of respect around the league. That's what I see what's happening to Luke. Both of them having their dream jobs so neither making waves, they just going along for the ride. You can also add B. Scott to that list.

I'm not a D'Antoni fan but I at least respect him, he didn't let the FO overpower him. He coached his way and that's it. They didn't like it and fired him. At least D'Antoni didn't go out a lame duck.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    David Fizdale lol!!
    yeah... that is the funny part...

The thread next January will be ... Why haven't we fired David Fizdale

This **** is beyond moronic... not that it won't happen but that the team is constantly going through drama

I said it 4 years ago... its time for the Busses to sell this team... the Lakers won't be returning to greatness until their imprint is gone...

winbag?

His only credibility related to basketball is when he is enjoying ATM with Lebron

dude has zero insight unless it is coming from Lebron

I don't know if it is true but to act like Winbag is credible is beyond ridiculous... his shelf life as a reporter expires with Lebron's retirement

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    winbag?

His only credibility related to basketball is when he is enjoying ATM with Lebron

I don't know if it is true but to act like Winbag is credible is beyond ridiculous... his shelf life as a reporter expires with Lebron's retirement
    ESPN in general usually has pretty bad sources outside of adrian wojnarowskis sources, that's why ESPN went after Woj so hard. I'm not sure what ESPN is paying woj, but yahoo was paying woj $8million over 4 years so to leave that situation with yahoo, ESPN had to offer way more.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

yeah... that is the funny part...

The thread next January will be ... Why haven't we fired David Fizdale

This **** is beyond moronic... not that it won't happen but that the team is constantly going through drama

I said it 4 years ago... its time for the Busses to sell this team... the Lakers won't be returning to greatness until their imprint is gone...
    I agree. The Buss name has become a joke in the NBA. You can inherit many things. Respect isnít one of those things. Jeannie may be viewed as the owner. I just donít think sheís respected very much. They can even make the decision to sell an accident. In a meeting Jeannie says something racially insensitive then self report. 3billion in two weeks.

The lost boys

winbag?

In this situation the lebron angle is what makes him somewhat credible.thats another thing. In years past you could pretty much brush off any lakers rumors that would pop up because the lakers always played things close to the vest. Now itís not that way anymore.

The lost boys

Although I disagree with a lot of the rotations Luke has put out and the way he's allocated playing time, I do not think we should fire him, at least not yet. One of the biggest issues with franchises that are seemingly in perpetual rebuild mode is that there is no continuity (which I think is one of the big reasons they are perpetually rebuilding). Is Luke the coach of the future and the guy that can coach a championship team? I have no idea. What I do know is that every time you swap out a new coach, a lot of the progress that the players have made within the previous system goes out the window and they have to start over from scratch, which inevitably usually leads to a moderate to significant decline in play, which in our case would lead to a lot more losses.

I think our best chance to lure a superstar is for the young guys on the team to play well and show that adding a superstar can really get them to the next level. However, I don't think that bringing in a new coach helps us to accomplish that goal, due to the almost inevitable decline in play (especially for very young players) that comes with starting over.

Removing Luke is also a bad look for the franchise, because it gives off the perception (rightfully so in our case) that there is no stability within the franchise and not too many respectable players or coaches want to play or coach for those types of franchises (I sure wouldn't). Compounding this issue is that we haven't really given Luke a fair chance, since our team is pretty bad and I think most reasonable observers should be pleased with how well the team has acquitted itself thus far, given the very tough schedule they had at the start of the season and how we've competed in most of our games.

On top of all of those issues, even if Luke is not the guy to coach us moving forward, we are nowhere close to doing anything significant, so it doesn't make sense to bring in another temporary coach simply to fill the position until we fire that one. Best to ride it out and at least show a semblance of direction.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 01-13-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Well Walton is coaching himself out of a job. He has to hope Lakers dont go and get Lebron and crew. Hes best deal to remain the coach is to coach and maximize the young talent on the team. He got off to a really bad start hold back and coaching them to the worst record in the league to the point they got booed on their home floor. He lost players who at one point would just rather be traded. Thats not a good look for any coach. He is fresh off ending Brewer player streak not that it matters to Lakers but it yet another rug pulled. Since the Lavar latest incident that now look like it was needed to be said his rotations has lately gotten much better. The question is why it took so long? This is the simple rotation most envision at season start but it took him almost half the season why? Instead the team and fans had to grow frustrated to push change. Maybe he should personally tank Lavar because he may have saved him his job. Things were going down hill really fast not only for the young team but also potential free agents. I mean who want to join a mess?
    Last edited by ldawg; 01-13-2018 at 01:02 PM.

In this situation the lebron angle is what makes him somewhat credible.thats another thing. In years past you could pretty much brush off any lakers rumors that would pop up because the lakers always played things close to the vest. Now itís not that way anymore.
    except your dot connection is what Winbag is counting on..

Again... I don't know what is going to happen but neither does Winbag... he is just throwing **** against the wall to see if it will stick...

As far as Randle starting go's in that meeting a couple weeks ago Randle let Luke know he was upset he wasn't starting, there is a clause in Randle's contract about his pay that kicks in after 9 starts, if you noticed Luke started him the next game after the meeting! Also this is Lavar and the media causing this. drama, this is just a rumar that the media is putting out there like real news because they are desperate for a story! if magic would have came out and defended Luke it could have just created problems between them and Lonzo, possibly causing them to even have to trade him, they tried to let this die, and the media is bringing it right back up, who would they hire that's better than Luke right now in the middle of the season and lavar's crap to deal with?Imo Walton is not going anywhere..!
    Last edited by lakers squad; 01-13-2018 at 03:41 PM.

HIre him as an assistant

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast