Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which of the remaining players is best?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shaquille O'Neal

10 55.56%
  • Tim Duncan

1 5.56%
  • Magic Johnson

2 11.11%
  • Larry Bird

1 5.56%
  • Kobe Bryant

1 5.56%
  • Hakeem Olajuwon

2 11.11%
  • Dwyane Wade

0 0%
  • Steph Curry

1 5.56%
  • Moses Malone

0 0%
  • Bill Walton

0 0%
  • Another Player (Please Specify)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Player of All-Time List (#5)

So we do a "Top 25 greatest players of all-time list" routinely here on PSD, but I want to do an all-time list of best, not greatest.

What is the difference?

This is not a list that measures a players accolades or career, it is a list of simply, if all the players were at their peak/in their prime/at their best (however you describe it) and all in a draft, who would you take first to play against each other in a draft?

Who are the best players throughout NBA history. You can use stats or accolades to back up your opinion, but this is about who is best, not who made the most All-NBA teams, or who scored the most points, etc. If you think player A is better than player B despite them having a shorter career, vote for player A.

If you wish to vote for someone else, please vote for other and post who you voted for in the comments. If you wish to nominate someone (or multiple people) for the next poll, post in the comments and I will add them if there are at least 2 nominations for that player.

In the event of a tie vote, they will both be listed at that number and the next player will begin where that is left off (for instance, T-6th, T-6th, 8th)

Current List

1. Michael Jordan
    2. LeBron James
    T3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    T3. Wilt Chamberlain

I hate ties. Should have been a tiebreaker.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I voted for Kareem. I'm always right. Therefore, Kareem is clearly third.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

Lol another RIDICULOUS LIST on PSD. Shaq ****ing Shaq ****ing Shaq. THEE MOST UNSTOPPABLE FORCE in my lifetime. It’s not even Close. Shaq would Kill Lebron, would Kill MJ, Wiuld Kill Kareem, would Kill Wilt.

Wilt is like Tim Duncan caliber player and Shaq Killed Duncan, he needed Robinson to help.

Ya’ll Holarious I’m bias annalytics nonsense, “his best year doesn’t compare” blah blah blah. Whatta joke. Playoffs, line up all these stars and Shaq kills em all.

Saying all that; I vote Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Rarely

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This is not a list that measures a players accolades or career, it is a list of simply, if all the players were at their peak/in their prime/at their best (however you describe it) and all in a draft, who would you take first to play against each other in a draft?
    I am not understanding how this describes any player ahead of Shaq other than Jordan and maybe Wilt.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Lol another RIDICULOUS LIST on PSD. Shaq ****ing Shaq ****ing Shaq. THEE MOST UNSTOPPABLE FORCE in my lifetime. It’s not even Close. Shaq would Kill Lebron, would Kill MJ, Wiuld Kill Kareem, would Kill Wilt.
    I voted for Shaq third based on his peak, which I believe was in Orlando. He added more skills in Los Angeles, but he hurt his career by gaining all that weight. I don't know why he thought 300 wasn't big enough.
    Maybe his case was also hurt by having peak Kobe and Wade to help him, although I'd argue he was the most important player during his time in Los Angeles.

My biggest knock on Shaq is that he was kind of limited. You give him the ball within a few feet, and the guy was unstoppable. But he wasn't especially useful 10+ feet from the rim. Also, his flaw as a free throw shooter is so substantial that they coined a phrase after him for people who are essentially terrible at it. Not a great aspect of his legacy...

That being said, I wouldn't say he wasn't skilled. For his size, he was a remarkable athlete, and a freaking 300-pound ballerina at times in the paint. He was also a really solid passer, which was an underrated part of this game. But I personally just value guys whose games are a little more complete and were a little more versatile, like Kareem.

I do think this is a really good spot for him. Hell, I probably would have put him over Wilt because of the talent discrepancy between eras. Shaq has unquestionably been the second most dominant force in the NBA since Jordan and probably the guy I feared most as a young Rockets fan in the late 90s and early 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I voted for Shaq third based on his peak, which I believe was in Orlando. He added more skills in Los Angeles, but he hurt his career by gaining all that weight. I don't know why he thought 300 wasn't big enough.
    Maybe his case was also hurt by having peak Kobe and Wade to help him, although I'd argue he was the most important player during his time in Los Angeles.
    All I am trying to say is, yes Shaq was a Lazy bastard but one moment in time... he WAS UNSTOPPABLE. lol If Shaq had MJ/KOBE/Bron will and drive, this wouldn't even be a topic.

am I wrong here, is this not a thread based on who we want player first absolute moment/peak heading into a playoffs? LOL IF IT IS, Not even CLOSE, Shaq is #1

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    My biggest knock on Shaq is that he was kind of limited. You give him the ball within a few feet, and the guy was unstoppable. But he wasn't especially useful 10+ feet from the rim. Also, his flaw as a free throw shooter is so substantial that they coined a phrase after him for people who are essentially terrible at it. Not a great aspect of his legacy...

That being said, I wouldn't say he wasn't skilled. For his size, he was a remarkable athlete, and a freaking 300-pound ballerina at times in the paint. He was also a really solid passer, which was an underrated part of this game. But I personally just value guys whose games are a little more complete and were a little more versatile, like Kareem.

I do think this is a really good spot for him. Hell, I probably would have put him over Wilt because of the talent discrepancy between eras. Shaq has unquestionably been the second most dominant force in the NBA since Jordan and probably the guy I feared most as a young Rockets fan in the late 90s and early 2000s.
    1st dominant force.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone:32096477
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Lol. I would have been happy either way. Then we could have debated shaq vs wilt or shaq vs kareem. Both would have been fun as hell. Now we just tie 3rd and this is a layup for shaq.

Kristaps Porzingis

Shaq made a layup?

See. Dead thread. Ties suck. Hopefully it heats up for 6. I am going Bird

Kristaps Porzingis

I would have voted for Shaq above Wilt. I'll vote Shaq now.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post

Wilt is like Tim Duncan caliber player and Shaq Killed Duncan, he needed Robinson to help.

Ya’ll Holarious I’m bias annalytics nonsense, “his best year doesn’t compare” blah blah blah. Whatta joke. Playoffs, line up all these stars and Shaq kills em all.

I <3 U Bae
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast