Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is Stephen Curry more unguardable than Shaq?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (look at his efficiency).

1 5.00%
  • No (screw efficiency).

19 95.00%
  • Other (ban my account if I don't write player's name in thread).

0 0%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Substance is already in the thread. You didn't respond to any of it or say a damn thing other than vague generalist comments because you can't.
    Nothing vague about exact moments. Finals MVPs aren't vague. Curry has none simply because he is easier to stop than Shaq period.

If anything screams vague it's you listing a 4-5 year time span and relate that to being harder to stop. You don't take into account anything else. Your sticking with a number that Curry wins. But if we look at finals then Shaq kills Curry. Focus on finals stats and hen tell me what that tells you? Shaq goes to a higher level, Curry regresses in the finals from his normal domination. Curry is the Drob of pg. puts up dominating stats, but if properly game planned, and because he is soft and lean and can be pushed a bit, can be really thrown off his game. Can't be done to Shaq. Shaq can't be stopped and Cury can.

Every stat yo say about Curry, I can say about Drob over Dream so quit.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 01-13-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Nothing vague about exact moments. Finals MVPs aren't vague. Curry has none simply because he is easier to stop than Shaq period.
    It's an award. He's bringing them SHIPS. And no friend, they can't win one without him. They have the Pistons offense without him.

It's an award. He's bringing them SHIPS. And no friend, they can't win one without him. They have the Pistons offense without him.
    Yes friend, they can. Stop. Yeah it's an award given to the most impactful player on the winning team. Hasn't been Curry yet. Hes not Shaq dominant if he doesn't walk away with the MVP easily. That's the point bro.

Shaq level dominance does not allow you to walk away from the finals without an MVP. Don't know how to tell u any simpler than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    The logic is simply this, the league tried to minimize Shaqs impact, it largely failed whereas the league has done wonders for currys prototype and he's still massively underwhelmed in the post season.

Shaq today would be the most efficient finisher we've ever seen.
    This point shouldn't be overlooked. The league actually tried to stop Shaq with rule changes. The current league PRMOTOES what Curry does. Shaq was SO unguardable, the NBA tried to make changes. The NBA promotes what Curry is doing. Yet when the playoffs start, and physicality is actually allowed, Curry shrinks many times. As great as Curry is, if you put him in a different era(s), he would be much easier neutralized. If you peeled away his incredible teammates, could he carry a team? Meh, we don't know, and I don't think so. Shaq, couldn't be stopped, any year, era, team, nothing. Shaq was the most impossible player in history to stop individually.

I can't believe this is even an argument. Can you imagine what Shaq would do today, in the spread out NBA? He would destroy everything in his path.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    This point shouldn't be overlooked. The league actually tried to stop Shaq with rule changes. The current league PRMOTOES what Curry does. Shaq was SO unguardable, the NBA tried to make changes. The NBA promotes what Curry is doing.

I can't believe this is even an argument. Can you imagine what Shaq would do today, in the spread out NBA? He would destroy everything in his path.
    Trust me I know. I saw what he did to Drob. These mofo could not simulate playing against Shaq.

Chris Jackson (whatever his name was), Mark Price, guys like Curry have come along before. Not with his overall range and scoring knack, but guys like him. They were all stars, great players, etc. But if we simply institute hand checking, and take away zone all together, Curry wouldn't stand out like he does now. He would be Mark Price with a little more range for example. Guys like Reggie in today's league would be talked about as the greatest of the great. The league is made for Curry's strengths, and to hide his weaknesses.

Shaq, in any rules, any type of defense allowed, any possible scenario we can come up with, still dominates completely. And the difference between the two is clearly motivation. Once the playoffs started, Shaq started trying, and dominated.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

NO, Shaq commanded triple teams. Next!

Quote Originally Posted by Storch View Post
    NO, Shaq commanded triple teams. Next!
    they both were players the other defense built their game plan around, but Shaq like changed the rules, and had the west stacking bodies over 6'10" just to foul haha. He had a Lew Alcindor/NCAA impact.

This point shouldn't be overlooked. The league actually tried to stop Shaq with rule changes. The current league PRMOTOES what Curry does. Shaq was SO unguardable, the NBA tried to make changes. The NBA promotes what Curry is doing. Yet when the playoffs start, and physicality is actually allowed, Curry shrinks many times. As great as Curry is, if you put him in a different era(s), he would be much easier neutralized. If you peeled away his incredible teammates, could he carry a team? Meh, we don't know, and I don't think so. Shaq, couldn't be stopped, any year, era, team, nothing. Shaq was the most impossible player in history to stop individually.

Lmao Hawk, come on dude. What do you think "hand checking" does to Curry, exactly? You gotta realize that hand checking is still a thing and it's a very, very small difference from when there wasn't the rule. It's also much more valuable for post defenders, it does next to nothing against a player with Curry's skill set. And dear lord the early 90's were my heyday for hoops, but if you dropped this guy in 1991 basketball, he would break the ****ing league.

Curry would break the league in the 90s guys! Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    Curry would break the league in the 90s guys! Lmao
    You don't think so? The league had seen nothing like him. Hell he breaks THIS league. How old are you?

Agreed with Chronz and you on this one. People wonder why in the history of the league we haven't seen prolific 3 point shooting of today's magnitude ever, and it's because the league allows and ultimately wants it to happen. The league is more marketable when you have such a dominant team in a sport, and Splash brothers and co play right into their hands

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    Agreed with Chronz and you on this one. People wonder why in the history of the league we haven't seen prolific 3 point shooting of today's magnitude ever, and it's because the league allows and ultimately wants it to happen. The league is more marketable when you have such a dominant team in a sport, and Splash brothers and co play right into their hands
    Now we KNOW you didn't watch ball decades ago. Rest assure, if a player wanted to pull up from Curry range then, they'd be 10 feet away getting ready for the rebound. What they wouldn't realize so quick is that no rebound was coming. In case this needs to be driven home, team defense is better NOW than then. That's the nature of sports and improvement as this has become a multi billion dollar global enterprise that the world's biggest/strongest/most-skilled work their entire life to try to compete in. This current iteration of the game is the best we have ever seen, and Curry is right at the top of that mountain.
    Last edited by tredigs; 01-13-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Now we KNOW you didn't watch ball decades ago. Rest assure, if a player wanted to pull up from Curry range then, they'd be 10 feet away getting ready for the rebound. What they wouldn't realize so quick is that no rebound was coming. In case this needs to be driven home, team defense is better NOW than then. That's the nature of sports and improvement as this has become a multi billion dollar global enterprise that the world's biggest/strongest/most-skilled work their entire life to try to compete in. This current iteration of the game is the best we have ever seen, and Curry is right at the top of that mountain.
    Yea, that take was hilarious lol.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Saying Curry is not as dominant as Shaq is no slight to Curry. I put Curry in my top 4 as far as dominant players I personally got to watch. But I saw Shaq's entire career. I saw Drob's entire career. The attention demanded by Shaq and by Curry are not close. That's why all I can do is laugh at your pitiful numbers that prove nothing and don't take into account that fact. If you choose to ignore that fact then your just going to keep wasting key strokes

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast