Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 242 of 257 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 3846
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    it shouldn't just be the extreme crimes like rape. anything that would disqualify an immigrant from getting to America through the legal immigration process should also disqualify them in this situation.

I completely agree the process should be much more quicker, but it shouldn't change what qualifies one for legal immigration.

even with those on a path for years, they should still have something to show that they are doing that. I have no doubt there are illegal immigrants that have remained illegal while not really having an interest in becoming legal. what benefit is there for them to actually become legal through the correct process?
    Aside from not getting hand cuffed thrown in a cell and put on a plane if you get pulled over making an illegal left almost every govt benefit is contingent on being a legal resident- getting financial aid, a driver lic in most states, the protection of min wage and other labor laws, welfare benefits, feeling comfortable calling the cops if you are robbed/need help.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

exactly. so why do so many illegal immigrants make the decision for years to remain illegal.

the process should be made faster and I imagine that would help. but why should people that don't want to become legal keep getting benefits in America.
    You are assuming they are not trying. It's REALLY hard to become legal let alone become a citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Aside from not getting hand cuffed thrown in a cell and put on a plane if you get pulled over making an illegal left almost every govt benefit is contingent on being a legal resident- getting financial aid, a driver lic in most states, the protection of min wage and other labor laws, welfare benefits, feeling comfortable calling the cops if you are robbed/need help.....

Financial aid? Please expand.

Why would an illegal alien be allowed to obtain a drivers licence? Even though its being allowed in a sanctuary City.

Who do you think is keeping the minimum wage down?

Welfare benefits? Why should an illegal alien get welfare?

Feeling comfortable? Lol.

They have a phone. They can call the cops. Oh....they're illegal so they can't. Gotcha.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Immigration Reform

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Financial aid? Please expand.

Why would an illegal alien be allowed to obtain a drivers licence? Even though its being allowed in a sanctuary City.

Who do you think is keeping the minimum wage down?

Welfare benefits? Why should an illegal alien get welfare?

Feeling comfortable? Lol.

They have a phone. They can call the cops. Oh....they're illegal so they can't. Gotcha.
    He asked what they don’t get that a legal citizen could. This is not an argument about what they should or shouldn’t get. It’s a discussion about what they do and don’t and why someone would or wouldn’t want to be legal if they could choose

Last edited by ewing; 02-24-2020 at 07:56 AM.

the way things are going Democrats are fighting for these things to also be available to anyone illegal. I don't agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You are assuming they are not trying. It's REALLY hard to become legal let alone become a citizen.
    if they are trying then there would be evidence of that. I'm betting there are many that are not trying, they live their lives the same way without caring whether they are legal or illegal.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

the way things are going Democrats are fighting for these things to also be available to anyone illegal. I don't agree with that.

if they are trying then there would be evidence of that. I'm betting there are many that are not trying, they live their lives the same way without caring whether they are legal or illegal.
    You are betting huh?

I understand but that is a separate discussion

Most of them would jump at the chance to be legal. some may not try b/c they have already missed a court date or something and fear that any further interaction will result in them being deported but given the choice legal is a lot better then illegal and most would do a hell of a lot to be legal

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    You are betting huh?
    That's special speak for not knowing what the **** he talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    That's special speak for not knowing what the **** he talking about
    That's a given. Without a lick of evidence either way, he's betting that Mexicans aren't the kind of folks that dont care about being legal. But when would they have time to care what with all the raping and murdering and all?

Most of them would jump at the chance to be legal. some may not try b/c they have already missed a court date or something and fear that any further interaction will result in them being deported but given the choice legal is a lot better then illegal and most would do a hell of a lot to be legal
    then things should be changed to make the process of becoming legal easier. but it shouldn't be ignored that there are some that don't want to, and this includes some that know they have no chance at becoming legal. more needs to be done to better remove these people.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sure, some are not trying because they can't afford the money or the risk. The real scam is how hard it is to succeed. When something is super expensive fewer people will be stepping up to even try to buy, that doesn't mean everyone doesn't desperately want it.

then things should be changed to make the process of becoming legal easier. but it shouldn't be ignored that there are some that don't want to, and this includes some that know they have no chance at becoming legal. more needs to be done to better remove these people.
    No problems with this. See how easy it is to reach bi-partisan agreement people? you have to actually want to first but then its easy peasy

If the process was as simple as getting a drivers license then people who choose not to get green cards or citizenship are much more likely to be doing it for nefarious purposes.

No problems with this. See how easy it is to reach bi-partisan agreement people? you have to actually want to first but then its easy peasy
    I would love to be able to say this in multiple other threads, but I'm still waiting.

If the process was as simple as getting a drivers license then people who choose not to get green cards or citizenship are much more likely to be doing it for nefarious purposes.
    I'm not sure what you're saying. it should be much harder to get citizenship than a drivers license. nobody goes through a background check to get a drivers license.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Green cards can take several years to get. This process holds up the citizenship process.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!