Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 202 of 257 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3842
  1. #3016
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Funny how people think they can just walk in the back door. Funny how 4 creature elected to our government can point out how bad it is here yet want top let others just walk in. Actually it is hilarious.
    They are funny. I thought jokes were your fotre but those LOCs
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  2. #3017
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34,443
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    They are funny. I thought jokes were your fotre but those LOCs
    Lmao, loke squad!

    Ya better chill lokes
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  3. #3018
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    94,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Funny how people think they can just walk in the back door. Funny how 4 creature elected to our government can point out how bad it is here yet want top let others just walk in. Actually it is hilarious.
    Oh after reading this. I thought I was the one making a bunch of typos like someone just picking up the English language since it's inside the quote bubble like I said it.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  4. #3019
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Why do we want them here at all.

    We don't need them.

    We don't have room for them.

    The entire mess at the border is an expensive headache.

    If there is some sort of international agreement about accept asylum seekers, get out of that agreement.

    If there is some sort of international/UN asylum agreement let's move all these "asylum seekers" around to all the participating countries. All asylum requests go thru the UN, the World Court or some such body and they are a assigned asylum to countries on a rotating basis. Set up a contributing fund for all countries to pay for their movement. Why do we have to get them all?
    All these accusations of concealed motivations from both left and right - and yes, the left lied when they said they'd get serious about border security after Reagan's amnesty and they lied when they said the Hart Cellar Act wouldn't change the ethnic character of the nation - is because political correctness has shut off discussion on this topic.

    You're right that people should discuss who, how many, or when and from where we should accept immigrants. But we can't because it's been decided by fiat that a) immigrants are always good no matter where they're from and b) questioning the platitudes about the Great Holiness of this assertion is racist.

    The more pushback there has been in the Trump era the more the pro-open borders crowd has done away with their insistence on the goodness of immigration and shifted to an assertion that America must take immigrants because of our great moral failings. Interestingly, this frames immigration as a punitive measure - something I'm not sure many open borders types are entirely aware of and is a logical concession to immigration critics. However since the modern left thinks logic is racist and nations should be governed by feelings this doesn't really bother the much - they just continue to shout 'racist.'

    The question is, how much longer do they think this will work?

    On the one hand, Gallup has recently shown that about 1/10th of the entire world population has said they want to leave their country and immigrate elsewhere. Do you think these mostly Africans and South Americans (whose populations have as much as doubled in the last 40 years) want to immigrate elsewhere in the third world or do they, like Ilhan Omar, want to leave their war and crime-plagued societies for peaceful ones with generous welfare programs? If immigration is a moral right for the immigrant and a moral duty for the host nation, how many third worlders can America physically take given our social services are already strained? And given that the left thinks immigration in an orderly fashion is 'fascism' how is it fair that only the mostly young and mostly male get to be immigrants solely because they're the ones best able to walk, swim, or crawl to our borders?

    On the other hand, as the Trump rally showed, many normal middle class Americas are through with the constant moral preening on the left and they are willing to throw their boring platitudes right back in their faces. That is a very marked difference from the past, when people would cower if you called them the dreaded R-word. My guess is not much longer, our politics is going to look very different going forward. I've stated my prediction that America will probably have Putin-style politicians going forward as our multicultural society becomes increasingly ungovernable. Based on how things are going, I was right.

  5. #3020
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,720
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    All these accusations of concealed motivations from both left and right - and yes, the left lied when they said they'd get serious about border security after Reagan's amnesty and they lied when they said the Hart Cellar Act wouldn't change the ethnic character of the nation - is because political correctness has shut off discussion on this topic.

    You're right that people should discuss who, how many, or when and from where we should accept immigrants. But we can't because it's been decided by fiat that a) immigrants are always good no matter where they're from and b) questioning the platitudes about the Great Holiness of this assertion is racist.

    The more pushback there has been in the Trump era the more the pro-open borders crowd has done away with their insistence on the goodness of immigration and shifted to an assertion that America must take immigrants because of our great moral failings. Interestingly, this frames immigration as a punitive measure - something I'm not sure many open borders types are entirely aware of and is a logical concession to immigration critics. However since the modern left thinks logic is racist and nations should be governed by feelings this doesn't really bother the much - they just continue to shout 'racist.'

    The question is, how much longer do they think this will work?

    On the one hand, Gallup has recently shown that about 1/10th of the entire world population has said they want to leave their country and immigrate elsewhere. Do you think these mostly Africans and South Americans (whose populations have as much as doubled in the last 40 years) want to immigrate elsewhere in the third world or do they, like Ilhan Omar, want to leave their war and crime-plagued societies for peaceful ones with generous welfare programs? If immigration is a moral right for the immigrant and a moral duty for the host nation, how many third worlders can America physically take given our social services are already strained? And given that the left thinks immigration in an orderly fashion is 'fascism' how is it fair that only the mostly young and mostly male get to be immigrants solely because they're the ones best able to walk, swim, or crawl to our borders?

    On the other hand, as the Trump rally showed, many normal middle class Americas are through with the constant moral preening on the left and they are willing to throw their boring platitudes right back in their faces. That is a very marked difference from the past, when people would cower if you called them the dreaded R-word. My guess is not much longer, our politics is going to look very different going forward. I've stated my prediction that America will probably have Putin-style politicians going forward as our multicultural society becomes increasingly ungovernable. Based on how things are going, I was right.
    Can you show me how the immigrant community, specifically asylum seekers and illegals are a massive strain on our social system?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #3021
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,412
    [QUOTE=ewing;33059052]
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post

    Someone jailed you for 10 months and made you live under the constant threat of being sent back to hostile country b/c you didn't fill out some paperwork 25 years ago? I don't think so. There isn't a "but". Its wrong. They both have regular jobs, tax payer IDs, and families. They over stayed a visa 20 plus years ago. Nothing is compelling this action other then callousness.
    They have likely been living in fear the whole time, not just the last 3 years. If I don't file my tax forms 20 years ago I'm not forgiven even if I have paid them in full.

  7. #3022
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,412
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Wait how does what you said make what I said not true? You and I both said the same thing.
    You said "would be required to stay in countries" ... they are not required to stay, just to apply.

  8. #3023
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,720
    [QUOTE=Scoots;33060581]
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

    They have likely been living in fear the whole time, not just the last 3 years. If I don't file my tax forms 20 years ago I'm not forgiven even if I have paid them in full.
    I know them and you are wrong. I think you even know you are wrong.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #3024
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    17,585
    The apply in other countries rule is beyond stupid. Literally none of those countries could even offer asylum.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  10. #3025
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,412
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I know them and you are wrong. I think you even know you are wrong.
    I don't know them so how could I know I was wrong in thinking they've been living in fear? A Pakistani friend of mine does live in fear because he missed a date 12 years even though he has 4 kids born here.

    I don't have an easy solution, but either you change the law or your enforce it. Laws on the books that are not enforced are bad for society.

  11. #3026
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,412
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    The apply in other countries rule is beyond stupid. Literally none of those countries could even offer asylum.
    So they'll get turned down and still qualify for the rule in the US.

  12. #3027
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    17,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So they'll get turned down and still qualify for the rule in the US.
    No, its a waste of time. These people are in life or death situations.

    It's something that makes YOU feel better. It doesn't help the situation or the people in it. Thats pretty damn selfish
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  13. #3028
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,412
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    No, its a waste of time. These people are in life or death situations.

    It's something that makes YOU feel better. It doesn't help the situation or the people in it. Thats pretty damn selfish
    It doesn't make me feel better. They ran from the life or death situation and went to another country, they are no longer in a life or death situation.

    I think immigration should be easier/faster, but I also think the US should have open borders.

  14. #3029
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,380
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    All these accusations of concealed motivations from both left and right - and yes, the left lied when they said they'd get serious about border security after Reagan's amnesty and they lied when they said the Hart Cellar Act wouldn't change the ethnic character of the nation - is because political correctness has shut off discussion on this topic.

    You're right that people should discuss who, how many, or when and from where we should accept immigrants. But we can't because it's been decided by fiat that a) immigrants are always good no matter where they're from and b) questioning the platitudes about the Great Holiness of this assertion is racist.

    The more pushback there has been in the Trump era the more the pro-open borders crowd has done away with their insistence on the goodness of immigration and shifted to an assertion that America must take immigrants because of our great moral failings. Interestingly, this frames immigration as a punitive measure - something I'm not sure many open borders types are entirely aware of and is a logical concession to immigration critics. However since the modern left thinks logic is racist and nations should be governed by feelings this doesn't really bother the much - they just continue to shout 'racist.'

    The question is, how much longer do they think this will work?

    On the one hand, Gallup has recently shown that about 1/10th of the entire world population has said they want to leave their country and immigrate elsewhere. Do you think these mostly Africans and South Americans (whose populations have as much as doubled in the last 40 years) want to immigrate elsewhere in the third world or do they, like Ilhan Omar, want to leave their war and crime-plagued societies for peaceful ones with generous welfare programs? If immigration is a moral right for the immigrant and a moral duty for the host nation, how many third worlders can America physically take given our social services are already strained? And given that the left thinks immigration in an orderly fashion is 'fascism' how is it fair that only the mostly young and mostly male get to be immigrants solely because they're the ones best able to walk, swim, or crawl to our borders?

    On the other hand, as the Trump rally showed, many normal middle class Americas are through with the constant moral preening on the left and they are willing to throw their boring platitudes right back in their faces. That is a very marked difference from the past, when people would cower if you called them the dreaded R-word. My guess is not much longer, our politics is going to look very different going forward. I've stated my prediction that America will probably have Putin-style politicians going forward as our multicultural society becomes increasingly ungovernable. Based on how things are going, I was right.
    Itís not open borders.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #3030
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    11,272
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Itís not open borders.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But "open borders" is so catchy and his base can easily understand it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •