Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 169 of 219 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3274
  1. #2521
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I completely understand it and don't have a problem with removal of people not permitted to be here. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of people attacking the person who told people a raid was coming. Now Trump does that and it's all crickets.
    The way they announced the raid coming is completely different.
    One person saying we're going to up enforcement of raids nationwide, is not the same as another person telling people who are being targeted for that enforcement the when and where it will happen.

    The level of detail is quite different.

  2. #2522
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    40,239
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I completely understand it and don't have a problem with removal of people not permitted to be here. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of people attacking the person who told people a raid was coming. Now Trump does that and it's all crickets.
    You should have a problem with it. The immigration system is ****ed. There are people here on last orders who have been living here for years, paying taxes, looking to become legal, and going to their annual checks in with ICE. Breaking up families like these is inhuman. Trump is wrong and not surprisingly so is Sluggo. His illegal is illegal justification is a thin vail for sadism


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #2523
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    40,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    But the point is that Trump is saying "we're gonna git you", which is wildly different than saying "Run! They are coming to get your right now!".

    People seek asylum from Mexico because drug dealers are killing people too, and it's not just under threat of death, there are more things to be refugees from that the threat of being murdered.
    The asylum seekers I have meet spend hard time in a detention center before getting a chance to live here. You make is sound like a picnic. I don’t think it is and I don’t it is something anyone would choose unless they were fleeing some horrific ****


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #2524
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    89,360
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    No, when these people turn themselves into boarder patrol, they're given immediate medical attention, in the few sad cases that have ended in death, people (usually small children) have been exposed to the elements for days or weeks before finally reaching the border agents, and are beyond help.
    Well the Trump administration is currently in court arguing they don’t need to give people soap and toothbrushes, so I find this quite hard to believe or take seriously.

  5. #2525
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    27,961
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You should have a problem with it. The immigration system is ****ed. There are people here on last orders who have been living here for years, paying taxes, looking to become legal, and going to their annual checks in with ICE. Breaking up families like these is inhuman. Trump is wrong and not surprisingly so is Sluggo. His illegal is illegal justification is a thin vail for sadism
    The process to get a green card is absurdly slow, complex, and expensive.

    Unfortunately the only solution to the holding facilities is keeping the people off of US soil. It can be made better by investing a lot on facilities and staff to make them more comfortable and speed processing, but that money isn't coming from congress.

    It seems to me it would be fairly simple to solve, but with the partisan hackery on both sides we are not going to go anywhere.

  6. #2526
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    21,476
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You should have a problem with it. The immigration system is ****ed. There are people here on last orders who have been living here for years, paying taxes, looking to become legal, and going to their annual checks in with ICE. Breaking up families like these is inhuman. Trump is wrong and not surprisingly so is Sluggo. His illegal is illegal justification is a thin vail for sadism


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if there are people in America illegally that are going through a process to become legal then I don't think they should be deported. but there should be evidence to support that they are trying to become legal. the process is really slow so it's not their fault. but for those that are deciding to remain illegal without going through the process, I have no sympathy. that is their fault.



    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The asylum seekers I have meet spend hard time in a detention center before getting a chance to live here. You make is sound like a picnic. I don’t think it is and I don’t it is something anyone would choose unless they were fleeing some horrific ****


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    what about those that are not fleeing violence, who instead were only told to use the word asylum. there are many that are more interested in looking for work or being reunited with family.







    I said yesterday that people go extreme. it happened again. CNN's Don Lemon brought up Hitler.

    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ple-a-platform

    CNN's Don Lemon invokes Hitler while discussing media's role in covering Trump, Cuomo pushes back
    CNN anchor Don Lemon made what he himself described as a "extreme" comparison between President Trump and Adolf Hitler while arguing that such "bad people" shouldn't be given a platform.

    During their nightly hand-off, his primetime colleague Chris Cuomo began by describing 2020 as the most "definitional" election in his lifetime. Lemon appeared to attempt to shame Trump supporters, and asked them if they will "continue to fall for the o-ke-doke." But then he questioned the media's responsibilities in covering Trump's candidacy.

    The "CNN Tonight" anchor urged Cuomo to "think about the most despicable people in history" and warned him that he was going to use an "extreme example."

    "Think about Hitler. Think about any of those people... if you could look back in history, would you say, 'Well, I'm so glad that person was allowed a platform so that they could spread their hate and propaganda and lies,' or would you say, 'That probably wasn't the right thing to do to spread that because you knew in that moment that was a bad person and they were doing bad things. And not only were they hurting people, they were killing people."

    "I think that the example matters," Cuomo responded. "And that's a very extreme example."

    "Listen, for people like me, how this the president feels about the Central Park Five, that could be a life or death issue for people like me," Lemon doubled down. "He took a big part of their life away... and demonizing immigrants and talking about 'sh**hole countries' and saying that 'there were very fine people on both sides.' For people of color in this country, it is a life or death issue... so I'm just saying we just need to be careful about having 'these are standard rules.' This is not standard. This is not normal."

    "Comparing anything to an extreme like a Hitler- it weakens the argument," Cuomo pushed back, "because you are now taking a guy who says things you don't like and comparing him to a genocidal maniac."

    "I'm not comparing him to that," Lemon attempted to clarify. "I'm comparing the way you would cover someone who is a bad person who does bad things."
    Don Lemon is literally ignorant.

    ig·no·rant
    lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
    here is he bringing up situations that were factually wrong.
    Trump doesn't demonize immigrants in general, he is against illegal immigrants.
    I already proved what Trump said about fine people in Charlottesville.

    it is ignorant to make a comparison to Hitler. Trump will never do anything with immigrants comparable to what Hitler did with Jews.






    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...rder-detainees

    NBC "Meet The Press" host Chuck Todd on Wednesday condemned Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's (D-N.Y.) comments comparing the Trump administration's detention centers near the southern border to concentration camps, saying the remarks were a "tremendous disservice" to the detainees.

    "You can call our government’s detention of migrants many things, depending on how you see it. It’s a stain on our nation maybe, a necessary evil to others, a deal with untenable situation perhaps. But do you know what you can’t call it," Todd said on MSNBC's "Meet The Press Daily," before transitioning to a clip of the freshman lawmaker stating that Trump was "running concentration camps on our southern border."

    Todd noted that Ocasio-Cortez "tried to make a distinction between concentration camps and Nazi death camps" following criticism.

    "Fair enough," Todd said. "But congresswoman, tens of thousands were also brutalized, starved, and ultimately died in concentration camps. If you want to criticize the shameful treatment of people at our border fine, you’ll have plenty of company. But be careful comparing them to Nazi concentration camps, because they’re not at all comparable."

    Todd went on to denounce Democratic lawmakers for not forcefully condemning Ocasio-Cortez's position, suggesting that their lack of criticism was because they "don't want to get criticized on Twitter."

    “Why are we so sheepish calling out people we agree with politically these days?" Todd asked, before acknowledging that Ocasio-Cortez "cares deeply about what’s happening at the border."

    "But she just did the people there a tremendous disservice by distracting from their plight," he concluded. "She said she didn’t use those words lightly. Well neither did."

    Ocasio-Cortez sparked fierce pushback from the right earlier this week after equating migrant detention facilities to concentration camps. The freshman lawmaker first voiced the comparison while speaking about Trump's housing of immigrants near the souther border on Instagram Live.

    "If that doesn’t bother you ... I want to talk to the people that are concerned enough with humanity to say that ‘never again’ means something," she said, adding that she wasn't using the phrase "never again" to "just throw bombs."

    Nazi Germany erected concentration camps in the 1930s to hold Jewish people and other political prisoners under harsh conditions, ultimately killing 6 million.

    Trump's crackdown on illegal immigration has led to the expansion of migrant detention centers along the southern border and drawn scrutiny for overcrowded facilities.

    Ocasio-Cortez has repeatedly stood by her remarks, tweeting that she would "never apologize for calling these camps what they are." She also addressed Todd's comments late Wednesday, calling his argument "unfortunate."

    "Well, @chucktodd - the fact that you slipped in 'Nazi' when I never said that is pretty unfortunate," the congresswoman said on Twitter. "Almost as unfortunate as the fact that you spent this whole time w/o discussing DHS freezers, 'dog pounds,' missing children, & human rights abuses that uphold use of this term."
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  7. #2527
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    40,239
    [QUOTE=SpecialFNK;33001595]if there are people in America illegally that are going through a process to become legal then I don't think they should be deported. but there should be evidence to support that they are trying to become legal. the process is really slow so it's not their fault. but for those that are deciding to remain illegal without going through the process, I have no sympathy. that is their fault.


    If that is what you believe you disagree with Trump and Sluggo.




    what about those that are not fleeing violence, who instead were only told to use the word asylum. there are many that are more interested in looking for work or being reunited with family.

    I think we need to use logic. Again, asylum seeker are kept in ****** prisons for unknown lengths of time. They wouldn't be doing it if their situation did not suck really bad. I'm not saying they should all be let in, but its not some magic word that gets them a room at the Hilton









    it is ignorant to make a comparison to Hitler. Trump will never do anything with immigrants comparable to what Hitler did with Jews.

    I've showed you how his policies have ripped people in my community away from there families. I personally know someone that has been here long term, was trying to become legal, and was taken while dropping his daughter off at school. He spent a year separated from his family in a detention center fearing deportation every day before being released. That might not be extermination but if you think his policies do not result in incidents of cruelty you are wrong.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  8. #2528
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    40,239

    Immigration Reform

    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The process to get a green card is absurdly slow, complex, and expensive.

    Unfortunately the only solution to the holding facilities is keeping the people off of US soil. It can be made better by investing a lot on facilities and staff to make them more comfortable and speed processing, but that money isn't coming from congress.

    It seems to me it would be fairly simple to solve, but with the partisan hackery on both sides we are not going to go anywhere.
    I agree but mass deportation of people on last orders is a separate issue
    Last edited by ewing; 06-21-2019 at 05:36 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #2529
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,962
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    if there are people in America illegally that are going through a process to become legal then I don't think they should be deported. but there should be evidence to support that they are trying to become legal. the process is really slow so it's not their fault. but for those that are deciding to remain illegal without going through the process, I have no sympathy. that is their fault.





    what about those that are not fleeing violence, who instead were only told to use the word asylum. there are many that are more interested in looking for work or being reunited with family.







    I said yesterday that people go extreme. it happened again. CNN's Don Lemon brought up Hitler.

    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ple-a-platform




    Don Lemon is literally ignorant.



    here is he bringing up situations that were factually wrong.
    Trump doesn't demonize immigrants in general, he is against illegal immigrants.
    I already proved what Trump said about fine people in Charlottesville.

    it is ignorant to make a comparison to Hitler. Trump will never do anything with immigrants comparable to what Hitler did with Jews.






    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...rder-detainees



    Aww, still trying to stretch the very idea of concentration camps being Nazi exclusive? Here's a hint, "never again" doesn't refer to what your idea of the Holocaust is (you think it's just the killing--it's everything leading up to it--y'know, what TRUMP IS DOING).

    For someone who stumbles over himself rushing to a dictionary to defend Trump's rhetoric, you conveniently abandon that enthusiasm when it comes to the definition of concentration camps.

    This is all punctuated by the fact that concentration camps are not a Nazi Germany exclusive thing--America employed them--ON AMERICANS--who were so unfortunate to have been born with different looks. So the automatic link to nazi camps (which all experts agree are the model for what the US is doing) is hilarious.

    You can ask Sluggo about it, though. He's very supportive of the "hey this guy looks different so put him in a cage" stance you are trying to dance around.

    Scum.

  10. #2530
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,962
    lmao special sluggo flat out admits they HATE minorities and I get banned for quoting McCain.

    Kinda hurts your dumbass lib media mods argument? huh

  11. #2531
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    12,519
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    lmao special sluggo flat out admits they HATE minorities and I get banned for quoting McCain.

    Kinda hurts your dumbass lib media mods argument? huh
    I'm surprised they let your sorry *** back in.

    Yadayadayada......

  12. #2532
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    21,476
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think we need to use logic. Again, asylum seeker are kept in ****** prisons for unknown lengths of time. They wouldn't be doing it if their situation did not suck really bad. I'm not saying they should all be let in, but its not some magic word that gets them a room at the Hilton
    they have to be detained. so what you are saying is the facilities where they are detained should be better? I agree.
    Trump proposed something that would have helped but Democrats rejected it.

    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...border-crisis/

    BORDER SECURITY AND HUMANITARIAN PRIORITIES: Any government funding bill must address the security and humanitarian crises on our Southern Border. The Administration has requested additional funds—relative to the FY2019 Homeland Security funding bill that passed the Senate Appropriations Committee (Committee)—to address these priorities.

    $5.7 billion for construction of a steel barrier on the Southern Border to fund 234 miles of new physical barrier—an increase of $4.1 billion over the Committee bill.

    $675 million to deter and detect narcotics, weapons, and other materials that pose a threat to the United States—an increase of $631 million over the Committee bill.

    Will provide Non-Intrusive Inspection technology for all incoming vehicle lanes of traffic at U.S. Southwest Border Land Ports of Entry, as well as necessary canine and other support.

    $211 million to hire 750 additional Border Patrol agents in order to keep our borders safe and secure—an increase of $100 million over the Committee bill.

    $800 million to fund enhanced medical support, transportation, consumable supplies, and additional temporary facilities necessary to ensure the well-being of those taken into custody.

    IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT: Congress must fund additional immigration detention beds and law enforcement personnel.

    $571 million for 2,000 additional Immigration and Customs Enforcement personnel to enforce immigration laws, combat gang violence, catch drug smugglers and stop human traffickers.

    $4.2 billion to support 52,000 detention beds, personnel, alternatives to detention, and transportation to address the recent surge in illegal immigration across the Southern Border—an increase of $798 million over the Committee bill.

    At least $563 million for 75 additional Immigration judges and support staff to reduce the backlog of pending immigration cases.

    President Trump will work with Congress to facilitate expanded in-country processing of refugee claims.



    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I've showed you how his policies have ripped people in my community away from there families. I personally know someone that has been here long term, was trying to become legal, and was taken while dropping his daughter off at school. He spent a year separated from his family in a detention center fearing deportation every day before being released. That might not be extermination but if you think his policies do not result in incidents of cruelty you are wrong.

    are things unfair to some, no doubt. but it's certainly not comparable to Jews that were murdered.







    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Aww, still trying to stretch the very idea of concentration camps being Nazi exclusive? Here's a hint, "never again" doesn't refer to what your idea of the Holocaust is (you think it's just the killing--it's everything leading up to it--y'know, what TRUMP IS DOING).

    For someone who stumbles over himself rushing to a dictionary to defend Trump's rhetoric, you conveniently abandon that enthusiasm when it comes to the definition of concentration camps.

    This is all punctuated by the fact that concentration camps are not a Nazi Germany exclusive thing--America employed them--ON AMERICANS--who were so unfortunate to have been born with different looks. So the automatic link to nazi camps (which all experts agree are the model for what the US is doing) is hilarious.

    You can ask Sluggo about it, though. He's very supportive of the "hey this guy looks different so put him in a cage" stance you are trying to dance around.

    Scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    lmao special sluggo flat out admits they HATE minorities and I get banned for quoting McCain.

    Kinda hurts your dumbass lib media mods argument? huh

    not once have I said that I hate minorities, because I don't.

    I would ask that you find posts to back up what you are saying, but I know that you wont.






    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  13. #2533
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    1. No, this is another strawman. I happen to be capable of thinking on my own and don't feel the need to follow anyone fake or real. I don't think anyone is perfect, myself included though. If people want to follow others then they should still be judged as individuals not who they follow (for example Trump does not speak/act for all of his voters/follower not every one of them is as bad/divisive and so on even if they follow him in certain ways as POTUS and so on).

    2. What? That sounds like your own crazy opinion though, everyone has to think about this religion exactly like me or else. We definitely do disagree, I don't think I should dictate how others view religion (or life in general) and there are so many interpretations of even single readings and so on man there is no way it should be a one size fits all you are kinda describing what cults start looking like imo. You all think this or else, you all drink this cool aid or else. What you guys aren'ttrue to your faith? Just do it or else you are faking.

    3. Yes, groups in general should not be feared. The bad individuals should. You seem to have a very hard time understanding that individuals are capable of not giving in to group think or something. There have been tons of people throughout history for many many different ideologies crossing lines, unless there is clear evidence all of this ideology (or extreme large majority) doing something it is not the group as a whole. If you want to talk about the group as a whole bring stats in to show you are talking about the whole etc. not just using association of your own beliefs you push on everyone of a group when individuals may differ. You have done this to me plenty so far with strawmen etc. and I am an individual haha you seem very incapable of understanding some people can think for themselves it isn't this team game where everyone thinks the same and you can just project what others think...

    4. Yes but I have evidence that everyone in the group thinks that because it is a requirement for that label haha. Racism is bad and they are racist in definition. Muslims are not ______ as a whole until you can prove they are and you never do you just extend your own beliefs and how you interpret things onto everyone etc. when again you are not even capable of understanding what I as an individual say let alone be able to speak for an entire group like that. Religions are not one size fit all even if you see things that way, again you don't get to speak for how everyone else believes things and so on.
    1.) Are you seriously saying we can't judge people based on who they follow? So if someone worships Stalin and another worships Buddha, they should be judged the same?
    2.) That's where your ignorance on religions come in. Some you have to follow to a T. Others you do not. The ones you have to follow to a T and you don't, you are not a true believer/follower.
    3.) I don't judge people by there skin tone. That's racist and abhorrent. I judge based on peoples beliefs/choices(that includes individuals). When those beliefs are dangerous(Racism, Supremacy, Fascism, Communism, Islam etc..) That tells me that this person is dangerous and should not be allowed to enter our country.
    4.) It's a requirement for every muslim to follow Muhammed's example. If you know about Muhammed's history, it should make you second guess Islam.

  14. #2534
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    40,239
    Judge not lest yeast be house of the risen sun!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #2535
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,369
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Here's a hint, "never again" doesn't refer to what your idea of the Holocaust is (you think it's just the killing--it's everything leading up to it--y'know, what TRUMP IS DOING).

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •