Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 168 of 298 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 4460
  1. #2506
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    13,493

  2. #2507
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    42,998
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I completely understand it and don't have a problem with removal of people not permitted to be here. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of people attacking the person who told people a raid was coming. Now Trump does that and it's all crickets.
    To be fair, police and courts tell people all the time they are going to get them with the intent to arrest them. It is actually different if a clerk of the court starts warning people to run when the police are on their way.

    We need to streamline immigration to the point where the asylum method is not the go-to process to get into the US.

  3. #2508
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    107,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    To be fair, police and courts tell people all the time they are going to get them with the intent to arrest them. It is actually different if a clerk of the court starts warning people to run when the police are on their way.

    We need to streamline immigration to the point where the asylum method is not the go-to process to get into the US.
    My point was how they got upset when someone else does it but when Trump does it, they don’t care and pretend they never cared.

    Asylum isn’t the go-to process from most places. Just from places where the government or religious groups kill people.

  4. #2509
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    42,998
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    My point was how they got upset when someone else does it but when Trump does it, they don’t care and pretend they never cared.

    Asylum isn’t the go-to process from most places. Just from places where the government or religious groups kill people.
    But the point is that Trump is saying "we're gonna git you", which is wildly different than saying "Run! They are coming to get your right now!".

    People seek asylum from Mexico because drug dealers are killing people too, and it's not just under threat of death, there are more things to be refugees from that the threat of being murdered.

  5. #2510
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    107,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    But the point is that Trump is saying "we're gonna git you", which is wildly different than saying "Run! They are coming to get your right now!".

    People seek asylum from Mexico because drug dealers are killing people too, and it's not just under threat of death, there are more things to be refugees from that the threat of being murdered.
    The only difference is the motive of the person saying it. The effect is entirely the same. People who aren't supposed to be here will still be on high alert just like they were from when the lady warned about it.

    True. But fear of being murdered is probably the most serious reason to seek asylum.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

  6. #2511
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,620
    I'm not sure what is funnier in this stumbling parade of ignorance you're trying to offer up as an argument:

    1. You posting a Dailywire with a bogus spin about her completely fabricated anti-semitism and bias that you so often decry but conveniently champion here.

    2. You stamping your feet and getting offended that people are calling concentration camps "concentration camps" and not some comforting terminology to mask your racist beliefs.

    3. You daring to condemn fear mongering (or in this case, calling a spade a spade) while worshiping at the altar of a POTUS to goes out of his way to embellish every single anti-immigrant narrative he can, demonizing them as murderers and rapists at every chance he can while literally making up facts and numbers that you never question.

    This is really one of your finest posts ever. I was always a fan of the "black kid had purple drank so maybe he was asking to get shot" but in pure volume? A Harden-esque stat sheet rewarding your usage rate of ******** here.
    Last edited by browski234; 06-18-2019 at 09:17 PM.

  7. #2512
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    42,998
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The only difference is the motive of the person saying it. The effect is entirely the same. People who aren't supposed to be here will still be on high alert just like they were from when the lady warned about it.

    True. But fear of being murdered is probably the most serious reason to seek asylum.
    Yes, and motive REALLY matters.

  8. #2513
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,434
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Again this is all based on YOUR opinion of these religions. Who is the better man to follow? Probably one that I believe existed/didn't have stories fabricated about him lol. That's my own personal opinion though and I am all for everyone having the freedom to exercise their beliefs if it isn't intruding on others.

    The religions are different to everyone it is not a one size fits all, many can take the teachings differently or use them differently to teach and so on.

    I have vastly different views from most religious people on these topics, non of them scare me though because I don't play extreme identity politics/let bigotry get in the way. It isn't a group to be feared it is a bunch of individuals who are part of a community with similar beliefs around this general ideology. It's like labeling the right as dangerous or racist because... then giving some examples of terrorism/racism and Trump etc. Sure I can agree with you that some parts of some group might be worse than others no doubt but that does not define the whole.

    If you remember I specifically asked you to tell me what you meant with the term neo nazi. I said if a requirement of being a neo nazi includes racism/extreme bigotry then yes it is bad. That isn't because some in a group are bad and it extends to all it is because the actual ideology of racism is agreed on and bad so if that is a requirement for being part of a group then I would definitely say that is bad. I do agree ideology can be bad but as I keep pointing out religions consist of members with very different ideologies and the extremists do not speak for the entirety of the groups.
    1.) So you wouldn't follow a "fictional" character who has integrity, morality and ethics, but you would follow a "real" person who didn't have those just because he was "real"? That sounds terrible.
    2.) That's where you and I conflict, to me, that person would be considered not a true follower of their faith, you can't pick and choose.
    3.) You just described what a group is lol. Second bolded, yes I agree, but if those groups actions sprout from their faith/ideology, it behooves you to be more critical of those groups.
    4.) Yes, It would be person who hates people based on their race and think there's are superior. So you agreed that they are bad because their beliefs are bad. That's my same take on certain ideologies and religions. The "extremists/radicals" aren't really radicals at all.

  9. #2514
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,434
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    What was Jesus reaction to being physically attacked? What was Muhammad's?

    If you have a child and someone attacks them, you gonna tell them act like Jesus and turn the other cheek, or act like Muhammad and protect yourself, physically if necessary?
    You don't understand what turn the other cheek means. It doesn't mean to be a *****. It simply meant to not hate those who have done you wrong or seek vengeance against them. Jesus reaction would be to pray for them. Muhammed's was "off with their head".

  10. #2515
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,818
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Where in the flying **** do you think that they are going to get the folks that will be deported are going to come from?

    where are they going to get the people that will be deported? the article says, the more than 1 million people who have been issued final deportation orders by federal judges.

    these are illegals that have already been issued final deportation orders.


    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I completely understand it and don't have a problem with removal of people not permitted to be here. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of people attacking the person who told people a raid was coming. Now Trump does that and it's all crickets.
    the raid comparison you mentioned doesn't fit. Trump saying this is not ICE going after people who maybe might be illegal. according to an administration official, they know these are illegal and already ordered to be deported.






    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    I'm not sure what is funnier in this stumbling parade of ignorance you're trying to offer up as an argument:

    1. You posting a Dailywire with a bogus spin about her completely fabricated anti-semitism and bias that you so often decry but conveniently champion here.

    2. You stamping your feet and getting offended that people are calling concentration camps "concentration camps" and not some comforting terminology to mask your racist beliefs.

    3. You daring to condemn fear mongering (or in this case, calling a spade a spade) while worshiping at the altar of a POTUS to goes out of his way to embellish every single anti-immigrant narrative he can, demonizing them as murderers and rapists at every chance he can while literally making up facts and numbers that you never question.

    This is really one of your finest posts ever. I was always a fan of the "black kid had purple drank so maybe he was asking to get shot" but in pure volume? A Harden-esque stat sheet rewarding your usage rate of ******** here.

    it has to be hysterical and hypocritical for you to talk about ignorance and then post delusional ******** like this.

    there is delusional, and then there is trollowski. what is your purpose at PSD. it certainly isn't facts. you don't care about facts and what I have actually said, you just ******** about what you think I must have meant, all the way back to when I didn't actually say someone was asking to get shot.

    I already backed up where Trump got rapists from, about the illegal immigrants at the border. but here is this article from 2014 again just for trollowski.

    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...n_5806972.html
    80% Of Central American Women, Girls Are Raped Crossing Into The U.S.
    but where oh where could Trump have gotten the idea that there was rape at the southern border.

    it's obvious that there are people in America gullible enough to believe the narrative that Trump must be anti immigrant, rather than anti ILLEGAL immigrant.







    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is stupid, and some still believe whatever she says.









    these Democrats like AOC need to go extreme. they use the fear mongering to brainwash the gullible and clearly it works.

    fear·mon·ger·ing

    the action of deliberately arousing public fear or alarm about a particular issue.
    concentration camps!!!!


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  11. #2516
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,645
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    1.) So you wouldn't follow a "fictional" character who has integrity, morality and ethics, but you would follow a "real" person who didn't have those just because he was "real"? That sounds terrible.
    2.) That's where you and I conflict, to me, that person would be considered not a true follower of their faith, you can't pick and choose.
    3.) You just described what a group is lol. Second bolded, yes I agree, but if those groups actions sprout from their faith/ideology, it behooves you to be more critical of those groups.
    4.) Yes, It would be person who hates people based on their race and think there's are superior. So you agreed that they are bad because their beliefs are bad. That's my same take on certain ideologies and religions. The "extremists/radicals" aren't really radicals at all.
    1. No, this is another strawman. I happen to be capable of thinking on my own and don't feel the need to follow anyone fake or real. I don't think anyone is perfect, myself included though. If people want to follow others then they should still be judged as individuals not who they follow (for example Trump does not speak/act for all of his voters/follower not every one of them is as bad/divisive and so on even if they follow him in certain ways as POTUS and so on).

    2. What? That sounds like your own crazy opinion though, everyone has to think about this religion exactly like me or else. We definitely do disagree, I don't think I should dictate how others view religion (or life in general) and there are so many interpretations of even single readings and so on man there is no way it should be a one size fits all you are kinda describing what cults start looking like imo. You all think this or else, you all drink this cool aid or else. What you guys aren'ttrue to your faith? Just do it or else you are faking.

    3. Yes, groups in general should not be feared. The bad individuals should. You seem to have a very hard time understanding that individuals are capable of not giving in to group think or something. There have been tons of people throughout history for many many different ideologies crossing lines, unless there is clear evidence all of this ideology (or extreme large majority) doing something it is not the group as a whole. If you want to talk about the group as a whole bring stats in to show you are talking about the whole etc. not just using association of your own beliefs you push on everyone of a group when individuals may differ. You have done this to me plenty so far with strawmen etc. and I am an individual haha you seem very incapable of understanding some people can think for themselves it isn't this team game where everyone thinks the same and you can just project what others think...

    4. Yes but I have evidence that everyone in the group thinks that because it is a requirement for that label haha. Racism is bad and they are racist in definition. Muslims are not ______ as a whole until you can prove they are and you never do you just extend your own beliefs and how you interpret things onto everyone etc. when again you are not even capable of understanding what I as an individual say let alone be able to speak for an entire group like that. Religions are not one size fit all even if you see things that way, again you don't get to speak for how everyone else believes things and so on.

  12. #2517
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    18,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    We need to streamline immigration to the point where the asylum method is not the go-to process to get into the US.
    Do you have a reasoning for that? Or evidence that its the "go-to"? Or is it just something you think?

    Most in the field think asylum law if anything, should be more accommodating
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  13. #2518
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,190
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    You don't understand what turn the other cheek means. It doesn't mean to be a *****. It simply meant to not hate those who have done you wrong or seek vengeance against them. Jesus reaction would be to pray for them. Muhammed's was "off with their head".
    I don't know, Jesus was physically persecuted, what did he do he fought back?

    Haha, that doesn't mean be a *****, I'm just saying actions speak louder than words and it's ironic that your actions mimic the person your words attack
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  14. #2519
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,623
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The only difference is the motive of the person saying it. The effect is entirely the same. People who aren't supposed to be here will still be on high alert just like they were from when the lady warned about it.

    True. But fear of being murdered is probably the most serious reason to seek asylum.
    So we should grant asylum because they are afraid of the crime rate in their home country???

    Is that what you are saying???

    Point 1…the crime rate in their country is not our problem

    Point 2…they will all (and a lot currently do) say this to get asylum

    The entire asylum point is ridiculous…they all wind up here.

    They really don't want to come here…they just don't want to be there (wherever there is). The US border and liberal laws is just the most convenient.

    How about the UN getting involved. Someone (anywhere) requests "asylum," then the UN can assign a country for them to go to. Divvy it up fairly among all the members that go along with this asylum baloney.

    Yeah, that should work just fine. See how many of the Scandanavian countries (that have it all figured out) accept asylum seekers. How about Switzerland, Austria…places like that.

  15. #2520
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    9,056
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    You're 100% right...they just accidentally do it by leaving people in 90+ degree weather with barely adequate food or water. When people and children (more children have died under Trump's CBP than in the previous 10 years where none died), it's an "accident" wink wink...
    No, when these people turn themselves into boarder patrol, they're given immediate medical attention, in the few sad cases that have ended in death, people (usually small children) have been exposed to the elements for days or weeks before finally reaching the border agents, and are beyond help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •