Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 283 of 289 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 4330

Immigration Reform

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...dead-of-night/

Clearly taking advantage of our immigration laws but sure, just add that to the $100's of billions that we already spend as a result of illegal immigration.
    Sneaky kids. I heard it’s a bazillion this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 10-19-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Are immigrants still taking all our jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    In the dead of night.
    Something something stupid post.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Even more devastating the second time.

"`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

`Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You seem to be in dire need of mental help.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Coming from you of all people.

Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Maria SakkariAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You seem to be in dire need of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yep and all those job openings are just an illusion. LOL
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Illegal vs legal. You tell me the difference.

Been to a construction site lately? Guess not.

Isn't that more so on the capitalist who is exploiting those workers for increased profit? You know business owners love when people deflect blame from them in that regard btw. Its all about the illegal immigrants, nothing to do with the person who is trying to take more off the top.

It appears you haven’t been to a construction site lately:

https://commercialobserver.com/2021/...abor-shortage/

There is a shortage of laborers and materials…

I got to learn Arabic to order at McDonalds, now. Wide spread problem that is.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

It appears you haven’t been to a construction site lately:

https://commercialobserver.com/2021/...abor-shortage/

There is a shortage of laborers and materials…
    Seems like ignorance from your part here.

Construction wages used to be a lot higher adjusted for inflation. The problem was once illegal immigration became rampant, many of them flooded the hospitality/construction/agriculture industries. Construction was hit hard particularly since many local contractors just decided to hire illegals who didn't demand nearly as much money and because there was a high supply of them.

Read your article: Construction workers are competing against cashier/retail workers who earn just a couple of dollars less. Why do you think the wages are so low? Why would anyone want to be a construction worker who develops health-related complications just to earn a few dollars more?

Union construction jobs are doing fine. Why? Because they get paid a ton more with qualifying benefits. Local contractors, which is where most of the construction is being done, don't offer that. I hired a roofer two years ago. Seven guys, none who speak a lick of decent English, did all the work. The white owner didn't charge me any less to fix the roof than any other roofer for the same job. Do you think he's paying the illegal workers the same rate as he would if he had to hire a legal worker?

So of course no one wants to work these construction jobs. And why would any contractor hire a legal over an illegal? The previous generation did those jobs and earned a decent pay... Now, they have chosen to retire and their future generations are not entering that trade anymore due to how underwhelming the industry has been.

When was the last time you had any construction work done in your home? It seems appalling you seem to think Americans weren't working those jobs and they all of a sudden decided to quit for no apparent reason. Illegal immigration has a cause-and-effect and this was an effect of it. Same with agriculture. If you could pay less, why would you willingly choose to pay more?

Seems like ignorance from your part here.

Construction wages used to be a lot higher adjusted for inflation. The problem was once illegal immigration became rampant, many of them flooded the hospitality/construction/agriculture industries. Construction was hit hard particularly since many local contractors just decided to hire illegals who didn't demand nearly as much money and because there was a high supply of them.

Read your article: Construction workers are competing against cashier/retail workers who earn just a couple of dollars less. Why do you think the wages are so low? Why would anyone want to be a construction worker who develops health-related complications just to earn a few dollars more?

Union construction jobs are doing fine. Why? Because they get paid a ton more with qualifying benefits. Local contractors, which is where most of the construction is being done, don't offer that. I hired a roofer two years ago. Seven guys, none who speak a lick of decent English, did all the work. The white owner didn't charge me any less to fix the roof than any other roofer for the same job. Do you think he's paying the illegal workers the same rate as he would if he had to hire a legal worker?

So of course no one wants to work these construction jobs. And why would any contractor hire a legal over an illegal? The previous generation did those jobs and earned a decent pay... Now, they have chosen to retire and their future generations are not entering that trade anymore due to how underwhelming the industry has been.

When was the last time you had any construction work done in your home? It seems appalling you seem to think Americans weren't working those jobs and they all of a sudden decided to quit for no apparent reason. Illegal immigration has a cause-and-effect and this was an effect of it. Same with agriculture. If you could pay less, why would you willingly choose to pay more?
    This is a long winded way of agreeing with me.

Is there a shortage of construction workers, or not?

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I got to learn Arabic to order at McDonalds, now. Wide spread problem that is.

Apropos of this, a recent poll (by the group Civic Science) discovered that 56% of Americans say that “arabic numerals” should not be taught in our public schools .

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/te...abic-numerals/

You have got to admit that so many of the good folks in this country are a real hoot.