Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 282 of 289 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 4330

Immigration Reform

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...order-n1281580

Shouldn't have ever been canceled. It was common sense policy to curb illegal immigration. Even Mexico wanted it because they are realizing that many Central/South Americans are invading their own border and cities trying to get into America.

Illegal immigration consistently cost taxpayers hundreds of billions dollars from their direct/indirect effects. But of course, some Republicans do not want to curb it as they enjoy the lower cost workers and many Democrats don't care as long as they churn in new voters. Meanwhile, the average citizen suffers.
    Billions of billions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 10-16-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...order-n1281580

Shouldn't have ever been canceled. It was common sense policy to curb illegal immigration. Even Mexico wanted it because they are realizing that many Central/South Americans are invading their own border and cities trying to get into America.

Illegal immigration consistently cost taxpayers hundreds of billions dollars from their direct/indirect effects. But of course, some Republicans do not want to curb it as they enjoy the lower cost workers and many Democrats don't care as long as they churn in new voters. Meanwhile, the average citizen suffers.
    The "Stay in Mexico" policy had zero to do with illegal immigration. It applies to asylum seekers, which US law and treaty commitments require us to do.

This lack of understanding of how immigration law works is why we can't get anything done on the issue. No matter what anyone proposes people call it amnesty and act like it will allow every person who wants to come here access through.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The "Stay in Mexico" policy had zero to do with illegal immigration. It applies to asylum seekers, which US law and treaty commitments require us to do.

This lack of understanding of how immigration law works is why we can't get anything done on the issue. No matter what anyone proposes people call it amnesty and act like it will allow every person who wants to come here access through.
    Lol @ you trying to tell me how it works.

The asylum process was being abused. Since these illegal immigrants were getting caught, they realized that if they were caught, all they had to do was say they were seeking asylum. However, seeking asylum is a long process and isn't guaranteed. This is why many illegal immigrants still tried to illegally sneak into the country and using the asylum excuse as a secondary.

It's the same with the kids in the cages. Once legal adults realized that if they had a 'child' with them, they could receive preferential treatment. And why do you think the kids couldn't be reunited with their 'parents', the same ones who were caught illegally entering the country? Because the 'parent' couldn't provide documentation that they were the parent of the child due to the likely fact that they probably aren't the parent of that child.

The Stay In Mexico policy was one that disincentivized people from crossing through the Southern/Central border. Since Mexico is technically the next safest place besides the USA in North America, these asylum seekers had to seek refuge in Mexico first since that would be their first destination. For Mexican refugees, they would be allowed to seek refuge in the USA.

Lol @ you trying to tell me how it works.

The asylum process was being abused. Since these illegal immigrants were getting caught, they realized that if they were caught, all they had to do was say they were seeking asylum. However, seeking asylum is a long process and isn't guaranteed. This is why many illegal immigrants still tried to illegally sneak into the country and using the asylum excuse as a secondary.

It's the same with the kids in the cages. Once legal adults realized that if they had a 'child' with them, they could receive preferential treatment. And why do you think the kids couldn't be reunited with their 'parents', the same ones who were caught illegally entering the country? Because the 'parent' couldn't provide documentation that they were the parent of the child due to the likely fact that they probably aren't the parent of that child.

The Stay In Mexico policy was one that disincentivized people from crossing through the Southern/Central border. Since Mexico is technically the next safest place besides the USA in North America, these asylum seekers had to seek refuge in Mexico first since that would be their first destination. For Mexican refugees, they would be allowed to seek refuge in the USA.
    I'm explaining the process because you are conflating illegal and legal immigration. That conflation leads to the issue becoming far harder to work through.

I'm explaining the process because you are conflating illegal and legal immigration. That conflation leads to the issue becoming far harder to work through.
    Do you know how to read? Serious question.

The ASYLUM process is being ABUSED by ILLEGAL immigrants who are not escaping violence but are seeking entry into the United States for ECONOMIC opportunities. Economic opportunities is not a reason for seeking asylum. You thinking I don't know the difference between illegal vs legal immigration is cute. The issue here is you don't seem to understand what is going on.

Do you know how to read? Serious question.

The ASYLUM process is being ABUSED by ILLEGAL immigrants who are not escaping violence but are seeking entry into the United States for ECONOMIC opportunities. Economic opportunities is not a reason for seeking asylum. You thinking I don't know the difference between illegal vs legal immigration is cute. The issue here is you don't seem to understand what is going on.
    Why? Asylum isnít easy to get. How many are doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why? Asylum isnít easy to get. How many are doing this?

We granted 46,500 people asylum in 2019. The previous year it was 37,600. I don't know the number for 2020 or 2021 (I believe they start and stop counting in September).

We granted 46,500 people asylum in 2019. The previous year it was 37,600. I don't know the number for 2020 or 2021 (I believe they start and stop counting in September).
    Based on the % accepted and rejected one would think if you apply using a bogus reason you will be rejected. If thatís the case what is the point?

In every other developed country, they require asylum seekers to stay in the first safe country that they enter.

It's actually pretty standard and it makes sense. It's one of the ways to curb abuses of the Asylum system.

Immigration Reform

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    In every other developed country, they require asylum seekers to stay in the first safe country that they enter.

It's actually pretty standard and it makes sense. It's one of the ways to curb abuses of the Asylum system.
    Ho are people abusing the system? How many people are abusing the system? What happens to them when they do?

Last edited by ewing; 10-17-2021 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post

Which countries have such requirements? Because most countries probably donít have such requirements or they arenít nearly as strict as you claim.

Which countries have such requirements? Because most countries probably donít have such requirements or they arenít nearly as strict as you claim.
    Most countries don't have at least 13 million undocumented immigrants (which is such a conservative number since they have been claiming it was 10 million for the past two decades but there are studies showing that the actual number could be double) nor do they offer the generous social welfare of the United States in terms of birthright citizenship and economic opportunities.

You don't have much knowledge of how impactful illegal immigration is. It's easily a top five issue in America and has been for quite some time.

Most countries don't have at least 13 million undocumented immigrants (which is such a conservative number since they have been claiming it was 10 million for the past two decades but there are studies showing that the actual number could be double) nor do they offer the generous social welfare of the United States in terms of birthright citizenship and economic opportunities.

You don't have much knowledge of how impactful illegal immigration is. It's easily a top five issue in America and has been for quite some time.
    Is this a round about way of agreeing that other countries donít have the requirements ciaban was claiming they did? Honestly I donít know

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...dead-of-night/

Clearly taking advantage of our immigration laws but sure, just add that to the $100's of billions that we already spend as a result of illegal immigration.

In the dead of night.