Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 282 of 289 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 4330
  1. #4216
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,857

    Immigration Reform

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...order-n1281580

    Shouldn't have ever been canceled. It was common sense policy to curb illegal immigration. Even Mexico wanted it because they are realizing that many Central/South Americans are invading their own border and cities trying to get into America.

    Illegal immigration consistently cost taxpayers hundreds of billions dollars from their direct/indirect effects. But of course, some Republicans do not want to curb it as they enjoy the lower cost workers and many Democrats don't care as long as they churn in new voters. Meanwhile, the average citizen suffers.
    Billions of billions


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 10-16-2021 at 10:26 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  2. #4217
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,709
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...order-n1281580

    Shouldn't have ever been canceled. It was common sense policy to curb illegal immigration. Even Mexico wanted it because they are realizing that many Central/South Americans are invading their own border and cities trying to get into America.

    Illegal immigration consistently cost taxpayers hundreds of billions dollars from their direct/indirect effects. But of course, some Republicans do not want to curb it as they enjoy the lower cost workers and many Democrats don't care as long as they churn in new voters. Meanwhile, the average citizen suffers.
    The "Stay in Mexico" policy had zero to do with illegal immigration. It applies to asylum seekers, which US law and treaty commitments require us to do.

    This lack of understanding of how immigration law works is why we can't get anything done on the issue. No matter what anyone proposes people call it amnesty and act like it will allow every person who wants to come here access through.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  3. #4218
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,826
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The "Stay in Mexico" policy had zero to do with illegal immigration. It applies to asylum seekers, which US law and treaty commitments require us to do.

    This lack of understanding of how immigration law works is why we can't get anything done on the issue. No matter what anyone proposes people call it amnesty and act like it will allow every person who wants to come here access through.
    Lol @ you trying to tell me how it works.

    The asylum process was being abused. Since these illegal immigrants were getting caught, they realized that if they were caught, all they had to do was say they were seeking asylum. However, seeking asylum is a long process and isn't guaranteed. This is why many illegal immigrants still tried to illegally sneak into the country and using the asylum excuse as a secondary.

    It's the same with the kids in the cages. Once legal adults realized that if they had a 'child' with them, they could receive preferential treatment. And why do you think the kids couldn't be reunited with their 'parents', the same ones who were caught illegally entering the country? Because the 'parent' couldn't provide documentation that they were the parent of the child due to the likely fact that they probably aren't the parent of that child.

    The Stay In Mexico policy was one that disincentivized people from crossing through the Southern/Central border. Since Mexico is technically the next safest place besides the USA in North America, these asylum seekers had to seek refuge in Mexico first since that would be their first destination. For Mexican refugees, they would be allowed to seek refuge in the USA.

  4. #4219
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,709
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Lol @ you trying to tell me how it works.

    The asylum process was being abused. Since these illegal immigrants were getting caught, they realized that if they were caught, all they had to do was say they were seeking asylum. However, seeking asylum is a long process and isn't guaranteed. This is why many illegal immigrants still tried to illegally sneak into the country and using the asylum excuse as a secondary.

    It's the same with the kids in the cages. Once legal adults realized that if they had a 'child' with them, they could receive preferential treatment. And why do you think the kids couldn't be reunited with their 'parents', the same ones who were caught illegally entering the country? Because the 'parent' couldn't provide documentation that they were the parent of the child due to the likely fact that they probably aren't the parent of that child.

    The Stay In Mexico policy was one that disincentivized people from crossing through the Southern/Central border. Since Mexico is technically the next safest place besides the USA in North America, these asylum seekers had to seek refuge in Mexico first since that would be their first destination. For Mexican refugees, they would be allowed to seek refuge in the USA.
    I'm explaining the process because you are conflating illegal and legal immigration. That conflation leads to the issue becoming far harder to work through.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  5. #4220
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,826
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I'm explaining the process because you are conflating illegal and legal immigration. That conflation leads to the issue becoming far harder to work through.
    Do you know how to read? Serious question.

    The ASYLUM process is being ABUSED by ILLEGAL immigrants who are not escaping violence but are seeking entry into the United States for ECONOMIC opportunities. Economic opportunities is not a reason for seeking asylum. You thinking I don't know the difference between illegal vs legal immigration is cute. The issue here is you don't seem to understand what is going on.

  6. #4221
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,857
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Do you know how to read? Serious question.

    The ASYLUM process is being ABUSED by ILLEGAL immigrants who are not escaping violence but are seeking entry into the United States for ECONOMIC opportunities. Economic opportunities is not a reason for seeking asylum. You thinking I don't know the difference between illegal vs legal immigration is cute. The issue here is you don't seem to understand what is going on.
    Why? Asylum isnít easy to get. How many are doing this?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #4222
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,709
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why? Asylum isnít easy to get. How many are doing this?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We granted 46,500 people asylum in 2019. The previous year it was 37,600. I don't know the number for 2020 or 2021 (I believe they start and stop counting in September).
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  8. #4223
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,857
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    We granted 46,500 people asylum in 2019. The previous year it was 37,600. I don't know the number for 2020 or 2021 (I believe they start and stop counting in September).
    Based on the % accepted and rejected one would think if you apply using a bogus reason you will be rejected. If thatís the case what is the point?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #4224
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6,217
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The "Stay in Mexico" policy had zero to do with illegal immigration. It applies to asylum seekers, which US law and treaty commitments require us to do.

    This lack of understanding of how immigration law works is why we can't get anything done on the issue. No matter what anyone proposes people call it amnesty and act like it will allow every person who wants to come here access through.
    In every other developed country, they require asylum seekers to stay in the first safe country that they enter.

    It's actually pretty standard and it makes sense. It's one of the ways to curb abuses of the Asylum system.

  10. #4225
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,857

    Immigration Reform

    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    In every other developed country, they require asylum seekers to stay in the first safe country that they enter.

    It's actually pretty standard and it makes sense. It's one of the ways to curb abuses of the Asylum system.
    Ho are people abusing the system? How many people are abusing the system? What happens to them when they do?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 10-17-2021 at 10:31 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  11. #4226
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,709
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    In every other developed country, they require asylum seekers to stay in the first safe country that they enter.

    It's actually pretty standard and it makes sense. It's one of the ways to curb abuses of the Asylum system.
    Which countries have such requirements? Because most countries probably donít have such requirements or they arenít nearly as strict as you claim.

  12. #4227
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,826
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Which countries have such requirements? Because most countries probably donít have such requirements or they arenít nearly as strict as you claim.
    Most countries don't have at least 13 million undocumented immigrants (which is such a conservative number since they have been claiming it was 10 million for the past two decades but there are studies showing that the actual number could be double) nor do they offer the generous social welfare of the United States in terms of birthright citizenship and economic opportunities.

    You don't have much knowledge of how impactful illegal immigration is. It's easily a top five issue in America and has been for quite some time.

  13. #4228
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,857
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Most countries don't have at least 13 million undocumented immigrants (which is such a conservative number since they have been claiming it was 10 million for the past two decades but there are studies showing that the actual number could be double) nor do they offer the generous social welfare of the United States in terms of birthright citizenship and economic opportunities.

    You don't have much knowledge of how impactful illegal immigration is. It's easily a top five issue in America and has been for quite some time.
    Is this a round about way of agreeing that other countries donít have the requirements ciaban was claiming they did? Honestly I donít know


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #4229
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,826
    https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...dead-of-night/

    Clearly taking advantage of our immigration laws but sure, just add that to the $100's of billions that we already spend as a result of illegal immigration.

  15. #4230
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    42,309
    In the dead of night.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •