Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 271 of 279 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 4174
    PSD doesn't want to talk about the crisis at the border?

things are worse now because of Covid19.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...ville-n1259282

After Border Patrol release, asylum-seekers test positive for Covid in Brownsville, Texas

A number of migrants seeking asylum and released by Border Patrol have tested positive to Covid-19 tests in Brownsville, Texas. Some plan to continue their journey to other cities and states.
    Miriam Izaguirre, a 35-year-old asylum-seeker from Honduras, crossed the Rio Grande at dawn Monday with her young son and turned herself in to the authorities.

A few hours later she was released, and the first thing she did was take a rapid test for Covid-19 at the Brownsville bus station. They told her her test came out positive.

"Right now we were tested for Covid and they separated about eight of us because we were positive," she told Noticias Telemundo Investiga. "We are waiting right now." She was waiting to catch a bus to Houston.

Other migrant families who also said they had tested positive were waiting to go to other destinations: North Carolina, Maryland and New Jersey.

\_(ツ)_/

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

https://www.foxnews.com/us/californi...ruck-collision

California 'mass casualty' crash involved smugglers, illegal immigrants, Border Patrol source says
    A California highway crash involving human smugglers and 25 illegal immigrants jammed into a single SUV left over a dozen dead Tuesday, a Border Patrol source tells Fox News.

The wreck involved an overloaded Ford Expedition, which normally seats eight, and a semi-truck near the U.S.-Mexico border, the source says. Officials noted that the SUV's back seats had been removed to create more space for passengers.

\_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    PSD doesn't want to talk about the crisis at the border?
    web sites don't talk
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

It is amazing the set of stones on Governor Abbott. To simultaneously remove his state's mask mandate and open businesses up 100% and blame illegal immigrants for COVID cases. Here let me just cause a bad thing to happen and then identify the obvious scapegoat that I always pick for all our problems.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    web sites don't talk
    people talk, on a forum, after information/news is provided.

why does nobody want to talk about these immigration issues (plural) at the border?

unprecedented unaccompanied minors, immigrants with Covid19, van packed with illegal immigrants involved in an accident.

\_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It is amazing the set of stones on Governor Abbott. To simultaneously remove his state's mask mandate and open businesses up 100% and blame illegal immigrants for COVID cases. Here let me just cause a bad thing to happen and then identify the obvious scapegoat that I always pick for all our problems.
    Why are they related? Abbott doesn't have control of who is released in Texas from the border. I don't think this constitutes obvious hypocrisy. He's a politician so of course he's a hypocrite, I just don't think this one qualifies.

Also he didn't open businesses 100%, he made it no longer a state wide restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    people talk, on a forum, after information/news is provided.

why does nobody want to talk about these immigration issues (plural) at the border?

unprecedented unaccompanied minors, immigrants with Covid19, van packed with illegal immigrants involved in an accident.
    Maybe because there is no point. It's become something only one side is talking about because Orange man talked about it WAY WAY WAY too much. Every President before Biden talked about the border issues as being a problem but that's been killed now.

We should give a simple quick path to legal status for immigrants here. We need to invest HUGE money in immigration processing but it's a political problem so it's not going to happen by either party so the states, the citizens and the immigrants are going to keep suffering for the political fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Why are they related? Abbott doesn't have control of who is released in Texas from the border. I don't think this constitutes obvious hypocrisy. He's a politician so of course he's a hypocrite, I just don't think this one qualifies.

Also he didn't open businesses 100%, he made it no longer a state wide restriction.
    Because Greg Abbott is doing a stupid thing in repealing the mask mandate and allowing businesses to pretend like COVID isn't here any more. He knows that's going to lead to more infections and deaths. And he will need someone to blame. It surely won't be his own stupid policies, so of course like clockwork comes the push to blame immigrants for disease.

Oh sorry I must have mistook his exact words for a reflection on what he's doing:

I just announced Texas is OPEN 100%.

EVERYTHING.

I also ended the statewide mask mandate.
    https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/st...46908480815106

Because Greg Abbott is doing a stupid thing in repealing the mask mandate and allowing businesses to pretend like COVID isn't here any more. He knows that's going to lead to more infections and deaths. And he will need someone to blame. It surely won't be his own stupid policies, so of course like clockwork comes the push to blame immigrants for disease.

Oh sorry I must have mistook his exact words for a reflection on what he's doing:

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/st...46908480815106
    You shouldn't read tweets, they don't tell the whole story. He removed the statewide restriction, but my county and the 3 counties around me are still requiring masks for at least the next 2 months with a possible extension of that depending on what is happening with covid, the same is true for business restrictions.

Abbot didn't force businesses to open nor not allow people to wear masks. In fact he stressed that people, businesses, and municipalities would be supported in maintaining stricter regulations.

What IS wrong is that because the news that spread was just that one sentence people in places where there ARE still restrictions are unaware of the ongoing restrictions.
    Last edited by Scoots; 03-04-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Maybe because there is no point. It's become something only one side is talking about because Orange man talked about it WAY WAY WAY too much. Every President before Biden talked about the border issues as being a problem but that's been killed now.

We should give a simple quick path to legal status for immigrants here. We need to invest HUGE money in immigration processing but it's a political problem so it's not going to happen by either party so the states, the citizens and the immigrants are going to keep suffering for the political fight.
    The big number that is buried at the bottom of this story is 75,000 were detained in January, if that's 20% of people crossing illegally its 350,000 a month.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hu...enablessr=true
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

You shouldn't read tweets, they don't tell the whole story. He removed the statewide restriction, but my county and the 3 counties around me are still requiring masks for at least the next 2 months with a possible extension of that depending on what is happening with covid, the same is true for business restrictions.

Abbot didn't force businesses to open nor not allow people to wear masks. In fact he stressed that people, businesses, and municipalities would be supported in maintaining stricter regulations.

What IS wrong is that because the news that spread was just that one sentence people in places where there ARE still restrictions are unaware of the ongoing restrictions.
    Ok I won't go based on his tweets, but on his executive order.

This executive order supersedes any conflicting order issued by local officials in response to the COVID-19 disaster
    https://static.texastribune.org/medi...883.1614876193

So what that means is that he is in fact telling counties they aren't allowed to impose restrictions that contradict the order...aka requiring wearing masks.

Ok I won't go based on his tweets, but on his executive order.

https://static.texastribune.org/medi...883.1614876193

So what that means is that he is in fact telling counties they aren't allowed to impose restrictions that contradict the order...aka requiring wearing masks.
    Thanks for the link, hadn't read the whole thing before. There is still room there for local regulation because the sentence you quoted was followed by language that further restricted that restriction. I did find it strange that he removed the ability to jail someone for not following restrictions.

I will follow this to see if my county does indeed change their restrictions in the coming week, but all the local municipalities have posted notices that they are not changing their mask requirements after the order and the local school districts have said the same, and most of the local churches are still doing online only services.

From my perspective the only thing that has changed is that some people think there are no restrictions when there are still restrictions in place. The local grocery chain HEB still requires masks and it was enforced yesterday by an employee at the door.

From my city website next to the link to Abbott's order:
    Face coverings for individuals age 10 and older are required by City ordinance in public places when adequate social distancing is not possible. The ordinance also requires businesses to display a notice of the requirement. The City Council most recently readopted the ordinance extending it through April 29.
    Last edited by Scoots; 03-04-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks for the link, hadn't read the whole thing before. There is still room there for local regulation because the sentence you quoted was followed by language that further restricted that restriction. I did find it strange that he removed the ability to jail someone for not following restrictions.

I will follow this to see if my county does indeed change their restrictions in the coming week, but all the local municipalities have posted notices that they are not changing their mask requirements after the order and the local school districts have said the same, and most of the local churches are still doing online only services.

From my perspective the only thing that has changed is that some people think there are no restrictions when there are still restrictions in place. The local grocery chain HEB still requires masks and it was enforced yesterday by an employee at the door.
    That seems a rather partisan perspective. Logically, if this order changed nothing, then there would have been no need for the order.

Immigration Reform

You're a piece of work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    That seems a rather partisan perspective. Logically, if this order changed nothing, then there would have been no need for the order.
    I didn't say nothing changed.

A lot of executive orders don't change anything substantially but are just for political reasons.

My guess is that things have changed more substantially in more rural areas of Texas.