Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 256 of 262 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 3926
  1. #3826
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    28,184
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Your point?

    Asylum is 100% valid
    my point is pretty clear. Asylum is valid, but there are still rules. it's not request Asylum and you automatically get it.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  2. #3827
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    17,687
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    my point is pretty clear. Asylum is valid, but there are still rules. it's not request Asylum and you automatically get it.
    anyone can request asylum. It is 100% valid and a hearing must be granted. Its among the oldest laws in the world

    Demonizing asylum seekers is one of the absolute scummiest things imaginable.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  3. #3828
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,045
    Even IF you're viewing what these people have done as illegal, do you believe the punishment should be so harsh as to be life changing...or ending? In other words, should it be viewed on a similar level to attempted murder....or petty theft....or a speeding ticket.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  4. #3829
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    28,184
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    anyone can request asylum. It is 100% valid and a hearing must be granted. Its among the oldest laws in the world

    Demonizing asylum seekers is one of the absolute scummiest things imaginable.
    I didn't demonize them. I provided truth.. "Seeking employment or family reunification are not grounds for asylum under our laws".


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  5. #3830
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    28,184
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Even IF you're viewing what these people have done as illegal, do you believe the punishment should be so harsh as to be life changing...or ending? In other words, should it be viewed on a similar level to attempted murder....or petty theft....or a speeding ticket.
    nobody wants them killed or for their life to end.

    if they illegally cross, deport them. make them get in line like the many who go to America legally.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  6. #3831
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,045
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    nobody wants them killed or for their life to end.

    if they illegally cross, deport them. make them get in line like the many who go to America legally.
    and the kids they bring with them?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  7. #3832
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    28,184
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    and the kids they bring with them?
    their kids would be deported with them.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  8. #3833
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,045
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    their kids would be deported with them.
    bingo.....bringing us back to your answers regarding the kids currently locked up at the border with their parents deported........the government is to blame for that because, if they were going to deport parents, they should have kept their kids with them...or found a way for all of them to enter.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  9. #3834
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,897
    These kids are here because……

    1 they are runaways

    2 the parents deposited them here to get a better life

    3 the parents deposited them here in the hopes that once they were in, they would be the anchor to eventually bring the parents along.

    4 they were part of some illicit deal and they became separated.

    These kids all have names. It would be a simple matter for a "distraught parent" to have their government make some sort of inquiry.

    I just doubt very much that some US official intentionally separated kids from their parents without paperwork etc. What would be the advantage to do so.

  10. #3835
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I just doubt very much that some US official intentionally separated kids from their parents without paperwork etc. What would be the advantage to do so.
    the problem is, this is exactly what appears to have happened.....agencies not properly logging who was who (remember, the kids likely don't speak much English, maybe not their parents either) while also not properly coordinating between agencies
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  11. #3836
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    17,687
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I didn't demonize them. I provided truth.. "Seeking employment or family reunification are not grounds for asylum under our laws".
    you do it all the time and want to limit it

    these people are literally in life and death situation and you dont give a ****
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  12. #3837
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,897
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    the problem is, this is exactly what appears to have happened.....agencies not properly logging who was who (remember, the kids likely don't speak much English, maybe not their parents either) while also not properly coordinating between agencies
    Gee, let's see………

    Border agents operate on the southern border

    Every country south of the border down to Tierra del Fuego speaks Spanish except Brazil

    Pretty much everyone coming over the border is from one of those countries

    I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that ICE and other border agencies probably, just maybe, have Spanish speaking agents on hand. Or nearby

    But that's just a guess.

    And as for properly coordinating between agencies…it amounts to a name in a data base. I'd bet that gets done to.

  13. #3838
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,897
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    you do it all the time and want to limit it

    these people are literally in life and death situation and you dont give a ****
    How many have you taken in???

    (It's the old abortion argument that gets thrown around all the time.)

  14. #3839
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    15,347
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    you do it all the time and want to limit it

    these people are literally in life and death situation and you dont give a ****
    I think what you meant is: SOME of these people.....
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  15. #3840
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    17,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    How many have you taken in???

    (It's the old abortion argument that gets thrown around all the time.)
    I've worked lots of asylum cases, what's your point? These people typically have places to go when they claim asylum

    Idk what this has to do with abortion
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •