Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 231 of 243 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 3631
    The main problems are we need cheap laborers. Unless we can get some Canadians to come down and pick our crop, we will always have some sort of open border, especially during harvest season. Hell, Trump uses illegals whenever he can get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    The main problems are we need cheap laborers. Unless we can get some Canadians to come down and pick our crop, we will always have some sort of open border, especially during harvest season. Hell, Trump uses illegals whenever he can get away with it.
    We also need to change the way we control and limit housing construction in cities. We should put immigrants to work building housing. LA needs a million more housing units tomorrow, but will likely build less than 20k like they have the last couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    apparently nobody wants to talk about this.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/17/i...ctuary-murder/

surely Americans at PSD should be more supportive of American citizens that are less safe because some do not want to cooperate with ICE to remove criminals in America illegally.
    Because nobody wants to deal with your inherently racist undertones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    We also need to change the way we control and limit housing construction in cities. We should put immigrants to work building housing. LA needs a million more housing units tomorrow, but will likely build less than 20k like they have the last couple years.
    Affordable housing units. A lot of average workers are getting price out of places like San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Because nobody wants to deal with your inherently racist undertones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    please tell me that you don't think immigration is race related.

the entire argument about immigration is legal vs illegal. it's unfortunate when some are gullible enough to be brainwashed by those that want to make this a racial issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Affordable housing units. A lot of average workers are getting price out of places like San Francisco.
    But they can't be forced to be "affordable" because it doesn't work. The reason they are so expensive is scarcity. If SF added 100k units a year for 3 years the property value in the city would plumet and rent would too.

What happens now is someone comes along, wants to buy up some land and develop it, then the city makes it so hard and so expensive to build at all that the only way they can make money is to build big, high end, space. If the city instead protected builders to aid them in the process, they could offer tax benefits for smaller units just to get them built. People in older less nice spaces will move to the nicer spaces as they become available which will free up the lesser spaces for people with less money. If there is enough movement like that there will be more vacant spaces which will lower rents.

What we had last year was <2k units built in SF, and we get a constant flow of people moving out of SF because everything has become so expensive in response.
    Last edited by Scoots; 01-21-2020 at 01:33 AM.

If illegal immigration isn't inherently racist, then why doesn't anyone want to focus on the issue of white eastern Europeans coming over here and overstaying visas?
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If illegal immigration isn't inherently racist, then why doesn't anyone want to focus on the issue of white eastern Europeans coming over here and overstaying visas?
    this is a separate issue and shouldn't be used to deflect from the illegal immigration problem at the southern border. there continues to be tens of thousands of illegal immigrants every single month.

I have also posted this specifically for you before..

dbroncos78087 you have before talked about illegal immigrants that overstay a visa, so I assume you would support President Trump on this..

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...visa-overstays
    Trump moves to crack down on visa overstays
    President Trump on Monday directed his administration to find ways to limit the number of foreigners who overstay short-term visas amid a broad push to curb immigration.

In a presidential memorandum, Trump ordered the State Department to work with governments of countries with total overstay rates of more than 10 percent in order to reduce the number.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, in consultation with the Department of Justice and Department of Homeland Security (DHS), is required to submit a report within three months that recommends policies that would slash the number of people who stay in the U.S. after their visas expire. DHS is expected to hand in its own recommendations a month after that.

The memo stops short of making specific changes, but it comes as the administration is reportedly considering new travel restrictions on countries with high overstay rates. The crackdown would primarily affect African nations such as Nigeria, Somalia, Chad, Sudan, Togo, Liberia, Eritrea and Sierra Leone.

Under the proposed change, business and tourism visas could be shortened or limited for countries that do not lower the number of their nationals who overstay U.S. visas.

The White House said in a statement that the effort is designed to “find effective ways to combat the rampant number of overstays,” which it says “is undermining the rule of law and straining resources that are needed to address the crisis at our southern border.”

illegal immigration at the southern border should not be made into something about race.
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

Numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Numbers?
    https://www.npr.org/2019/01/16/68605...rder-crossings
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

this is a separate issue and shouldn't be used to deflect from the illegal immigration problem at the southern border. there continues to be tens of thousands of illegal immigrants every single month.

I have also posted this specifically for you before..

illegal immigration at the southern border should not be made into something about race.
    Illegal immigration is a seperate issue from...illegal immigration..?
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Did I miss it, but that doesn't say anything about eastern europeans does it?

these are outdated numbers.
    The report released Wednesday by the Center for Migration Studies of New York finds that from 2016-2017
    this for 2018..
    https://thehill.com/latino/412781-bo...scal-year-2018

The U.S. Border Patrol apprehended nearly 400,000 people crossing the Mexico-U.S. border in fiscal 2018, up roughly 100,000 from the prior year

as I posted without reply from anyone something is being done for people overstaying a visa. nobody is ignoring this or saying it's not a problem the way people do with illegally crossing the border. overstaying a visa is another problem and shouldn't be used to deflect from illegally crossing the border. here is an idea, do something for both.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/28/m...avan-migrants/

Mexico Deports Over 2,000 Caravan Migrants Back To Honduras
    The Mexican government announced it has so far deported more than 2,000 members of the latest migrant caravan, demonstrating the seriousness of the country’s newfound enforcement of illegal immigration.

Mexico deported roughly 2,303 Honduran migrants between Jan. 18 and Jan. 27, the National Migration Institute — the department in Mexico that manages immigration — reported Monday. The Center for Immigration Studies, a Washington, D.C.,-based immigration think tank, translated and flagged the recent numbers.

The deportations pertained to the most recent U.S.-bound migrant caravan.

The National Migration Institute and the Mexican National Guard commissioned eight chartered planes and 34 buses to remove the members of the migrant caravan. Roughly 1,064 Hondurans were deported by ground transportation, while another 1,239 were deported by aircraft.

The large removal numbers illustrate Mexico’s newly aggressive approach to U.S.-bound illegal aliens who are attempting to pass through its territory.

A caravan was formed near San Pedro Sula, Honduras, earlier in January and began its journey to the U.S. southern border. Due to travel agreements between Central American governments, most of the members of the caravan were able to pass through Guatemala and continue north.

However, it reached a wall, of sorts, when members reached the Mexican southern border.

Armed with riot gear and tear gas, Mexico’s national guard has fended off attempts by members of the caravan to cross its border for days. The resistance by Mexico’s government has even sparked violent clashes between the two sides, with migrants at one point throwing rocks at them in an effort to pass.

The migrants who have made it into Mexican territory are given the choice of applying for asylum there, where the government has promised them employment, or they can be transported back to their home country. For the migrants who are determined to still reach the U.S., most have remained stationed at the Suchiate River, which marks the border between Mexico and Guatemala.

Mexico has nonetheless made it clear that its territory won’t be used as transit for illegal aliens to reach the U.S. The Trump administration, for its part, has been lauded Mexico’s unprecedented steps to stop illegal immigration.

“Appreciate the Government of Mexico’s commitment to enforcing safe, orderly and lawful migration. Mexico continues to be a true partner in addressing this regional crisis,” Mark Morgan, the acting commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, said in a statement earlier this month. “I’m confident they will continue to stop, deny and impede the caravan.”

While the majority of the caravan is made up of Honduran nationals, it also consists of Salvadorans, Guatemalans, and Nicaraguans.
    Mexico is helping more against illegal immigration into America than Democrats are.

How do you stop the horrible white Europeans from coming in and overstaying their visas?

Maybe ICE cold look for them. Oh right, you can't do that.

Maybe if police or other authorities come across them they could turn them over to ICE? Oh right, you can't do that.

Maybe if you do come across someone overstaying their visa you could imprison them for a period of time to discourage others from doing same. Oh right, you can't do that.

So, pretty much, there is no real penalty for overstaying your visa (aka breaking the law).