Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where do you rank Jimmy Butler?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-5

0 0%
  • 6-10

3 33.33%
  • 11-15

6 66.67%
  • 16-20

0 0%
  • Outside the top 20

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    This guy really thinks Klay is a better defender than Jimmy B? lol.

My heart is breaking for the lack of love Kawhi is getting in some people's list. I get it, he is injured this season, but the guy is the best 2-way player in the NBA.

1. LeBron
    2. Curry
    3. Kawhi
    4. Durant
    5. Harden
    6. Giannis
    7. CP3
    8. Davis
    9. Westbrook
    10. Butler/Cousins

I might be in the minority, but I strongly believe Curry > Durant. Kawhi and Curry are really close to me, but I have to put my boner and homerism aside and say Curry might be a hair better overall.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Whaaaat? You guys are actually rating Kyrie higher than #20 now? gtfoh!
    The Baker is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Whaaaat? You guys are actually rating Kyrie higher than #20 now? gtfoh!
    The people who said he wasn't top 20 are the ones who thought Lowry was better. Man, those were some fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Kyrie's a bit high on your list. I have him in the top 10-15 range. I don't see how he's better than Davis at all.
    I didn't put a ton of thought into it, to be honest. But I've always been kind of lukewarm on Davis. I'm not crazy about guys who can't stay healthy or have no postseason experience, and he hits both red flags for me. The 7-10 guys on my list are pretty much interchangeable, though, with Cousins and Butler just behind those four.

I do think Kyrie deserves to be in the top 10, though. And if I have to measure his performance this season against other point guards on the list, I'd give him the edge over Paul and Westy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    My heart is breaking for the lack of love Kawhi is getting in some people's list. I get it, he is injured this season, but the guy is the best 2-way player in the NBA.

1. LeBron
    2. Curry
    3. Kawhi
    4. Durant
    5. Harden
    6. Giannis
    7. CP3
    8. Davis
    9. Westbrook
    10. Butler/Cousins

I might be in the minority, but I strongly believe Curry > Durant. Kawhi and Curry are really close to me, but I have to put my boner and homerism aside and say Curry might be a hair better overall.
    If last season's Kawhi comes back, then the guy is pretty much a lock as a top 3 player on my list. But I need to see that guy again. There was a pretty big leap in his game from 2016 to 2017, and I'm reluctant to give too much credit to one-hit wonders until they prove they can do it again. But nobody was really calling him a top 5 player prior to last season, and he falls back to 2016 level, I'm not sure he still belongs in that conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    If last season's Kawhi comes back, then the guy is pretty much a lock as a top 3 player on my list. But I need to see that guy again. There was a pretty big leap in his game from 2016 to 2017, and I'm reluctant to give too much credit to one-hit wonders until they prove they can do it again. But nobody was really calling him a top 5 player prior to last season, and he falls back to 2016 level, I'm not sure he still belongs in that conversation.
    Might be awhile, apparently he tore something in his shoulder. Not sure when he'll be back n

ON3 LAST DANC3

This guy really thinks Klay is a better defender than Jimmy B? lol.
    Even if he isn't, the difference isn't big enough for it to be a ridiculous statement either way. I not only consider him the better defender but the better player period.

I have to eat, shower, and do some stuff or I would elaborate on their stats, usage, and why I think so even with Butler being ahead in WS and BPM thus far this season.

This is this season mind you, if we mean all time, I even more strongly side with Klay.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Which team wouldn't PG fit? He's a very versatile player capable of guarding many positions while also being able to transition from SF-SG-PF. Very good spot up shooter. He's been learning since coming to OKC but has been lights out for us on hockey pass to the three. You would think a championship contender being one piece away would benefit heavily from PG.
    I don't think he's a great fit on his current team to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Klay Thompson is the most underrated player in the league. The guy gets no respect. All he does is produce with or without Steph/Durant on the court.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post

1. LeBron
    2. Curry
    3. Kawhi
    4. Durant
    5. Harden
    6. Giannis
    7. CP3
    8. Davis
    9. Westbrook
    10. Butler/Cousins

Injuries bump him down. I love Kawhi. I thought he was the 2nd best player in the league at points last year. I still think he can be that good. There isn't a lot separating him from the guys I have ranked ahead of him, but it's hard to go against Durant, Curry, and Harden right now. They are all close to each other though, with Lebron still the clear king.
    Marmolololololol

BTW as a Kings fan who has watched plenty of Cousins in recent years... there is no way Klay is worse than him. No chance in hell. The Kings couldn't win with him and the Pelicans can barely scrape their way to .500 with him joining Anthony Davis. His defense is trash and he can be really inefficient at times, especially for a big. Don't let the number fool you. And are we really gonna rank CP3 ahead of Klay too? The guy has trouble staying healthy these days. Klay is one of the best shooters all time and a plus defender. He's also very underrated putting the ball on the floor and he produces no matter who else is on the floor. The Warriors won a record breaking 73 games BEFORE Durant came to town. That says something about Klay that everyone is taking him for granted.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 01-11-2018 at 07:17 PM.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Klay Thompson is the most underrated player in the league. The guy gets no respect. All he does is produce with or without Steph/Durant on the court.
    I think Klay is overrated, frankly. Yes, he's an unbelievable shooter, a very good scorer and a well above average perimeter defender. But when has he ever been forced to be the alpha dog at any point in his career? And now that he's got Durant, he can completely disappear for large chunks of games or even stretches of the season, and nobody notices because they're still blowing teams out by double digits every night.

Throw in the fact that he's been truly abysmal at times in the playoffs, and I just don't get why anyone would see him as a top 10 player in the league. He doesn't create for others, he doesn't rebound at a high level, and although he's a great defender, he's probably the third or fourth best defender on his own team. And have you ever looked at his advanced statistics? Literally nothing about them says "elite player."

In terms of the four future Hall of Famers on that Golden State team, Klay is easily the most expendable. At some point, that will force him to leave the Warriors, and he'll probably sign a huge deal for some mediocre team. Hell, he'll probably put up ridiculous numbers on that team taking 20+ shots a night. But I'm not sure that team will be very good, because I'm not sure a team with Klay Thompson as its best player can succeed in the NBA.

Edit: One more point about Klay I'll make, and then I'll shut up. But he NEVER goes to the free throw line, like ever. Dude averages only 1.3 FTA per game this season, and the most he's ever averaged is 3.3 per game. And you might say, "That just shows he's scoring points 'the right way.' He's just not flopping like everybody else!" But that illustrates a larger point about his game—he rarely ever drives to the basket. Only 12.2 percent of his shot attempts this season have come within 3 feet of the rim, and a shocking 68.6 percent of his shots come 16 feet or further from the basket.

Now that's not a problem if you're a second or third option catching passes and drilling wide open looks every night. But how would he handle if he had to create for himself? You'll probably say "He creates for himself all the time!" But does he? According to 82games, he's been assisted on an astounding 84 percent of his shots this season. 84 percent! Now, Golden State is a team that likes to pass a lot, but Curry and Durant are assisted on about 51 and 58 percent of their shots, respectively, by comparison.

To put that into perspective, Capela on the Rockets is essentially just a pick and roll monster who slashes to the rim for layups and dunks. About 83 percent of his shots are assisted this season by comparison. That really should tell you something about Klay. Take him out of the Warriors, and you essentially have a perimeter jump shooter who can't create his own shot and doesn't get to the rim.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 01-11-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Where do you rank Jimmy Butler?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Dude, Butler is better than PG.
    Yea for like the last 2 years people won’t admit this

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I think Klay is overrated, frankly. Yes, he's an unbelievable shooter, a very good scorer and a well above average perimeter defender. But when has he ever been forced to be the alpha dog at any point in his career? And now that he's got Durant, he can completely disappear for large chunks of games or even stretches of the season, and nobody notices because they're still blowing teams out by double digits every night.

Throw in the fact that he's been truly abysmal at times in the playoffs, and I just don't get why anyone would see him as a top 10 player in the league. He doesn't create for others, he doesn't rebound at a high level, and although he's a great defender, he's probably the third or fourth best defender on his own team. And have you ever looked at his advanced statistics? Literally nothing about them says "elite player."

In terms of the four future Hall of Famers on that Golden State team, Klay is easily the most expendable. At some point, that will force him to leave the Warriors, and he'll probably sign a huge deal for some mediocre team. Hell, he'll probably put up ridiculous numbers on that team taking 20+ shots a night. But I'm not sure that team will be very good, because I'm not sure a team with Klay Thompson as its best player can succeed in the NBA.
    1. We don't penalize players for being in situations they cannot control.

2. We don't assume a player cannot assume a role he has never been asked to assume without very good reason. Players deserve the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise.

3. He doesn't disappear or go unnoticed for spurts. He's a huge part of the offense to anyone paying attention to this team. Ditch that pre-Durant-acquisition narrative, it holds no weight.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast