Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where do you rank Jimmy Butler?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-5

0 0%
  • 6-10

3 33.33%
  • 11-15

6 66.67%
  • 16-20

0 0%
  • Outside the top 20

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Where do you rank Jimmy Butler?

Where do you rank Jimmy Butler in the league? The GOAT Wade said he was top 6 but I can't put him that high. He is in my top 10 though for sure. In terms of being a 2 way player he may be the 2nd best in the league. Some will say Durant but I think most of his defensive success is due to the system he's in and the help he has around him. From Jimmy we've seen elite defense in Chicago and now Minny and he has basically turned this team to a top 4 seed in the West on his own.

0. Wade
    1. LeBron
    2. KD
    3. Curry
    4. Harden
    5. Kawhi
    6. Westbrook
    7. Giannis/Butler
    8. Giannis/Butler
    9. AD
    10. CP3/Cousins

So I have him right there with Giannis. I forgot to mention Jimmy is clutch as **** too and I feel Giannis lack of shooting from anywhere puts them on a level field, maybe even favors Jimmy a little. As for AD and Cousins being ranked below, they're freaks but as the top dogs they just don't produce wins. Now if they were 2nd to someone listed in the top 5 they would probably help produce a lot of wins but that isn't the case. CP3 seems to be a little too up and down/injured for me so far this year but he seems to be putting it together so he may jump again.

Where do you rank Jimmy and why?
    Don’t forget to smile today, they’re contagious!!!

I'd have him in the top 10-15 range. Really could go anywhere but I still think Paul George is the better player so I can't realistically put him above PG in any case. I'm more concerned about Minny's playoff struggles than anything so top four in West doesn't mean much at all. Like in the playoffs, I'd trust OKC more than Minny.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    I'd have him in the top 10-15 range. Really could go anywhere but I still think Paul George is the better player so I can't realistically put him above PG in any case. I'm more concerned about Minny's playoff struggles than anything so top four in West doesn't mean much at all. Like in the playoffs, I'd trust OKC more than Minny.
    I think he passed PG up last year and is proving it again so far this year. Actually doesn't seem that close at this point. I agree with you on the playoffs though, the Thunders star power seems to have them in better shape. Star wise the Wolves have Jimmy and to a lesser extent Towns since he doesn't know what deeense is. Idk though, they seem to be putting it together lately.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think he is behind Gianniss but you are pretty close. Right around the AD/Cousins type guys and ahead of players like PG so top 10, right at the back end somewhere.

He started out the year poorly while letting young guys (KAT/Wiggins do more but has since taken over. Luckily that has lead to the Towns I thought I would see this year defensively as well, I was getting worried to start the year.
    Has Towns been better defensively lately?

I think he is behind Gianniss but you are pretty close. Right around the AD/Cousins type guys and ahead of players like PG so top 10, right at the back end somewhere.

He started out the year poorly while letting young guys (KAT/Wiggins do more but has since taken over. Luckily that has lead to the Towns I thought I would see this year defensively as well, I was getting worried to start the year.

If he keeps playing like he has been the last month then he's around 10.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    I think he passed PG up last year and is proving it again so far this year. Actually doesn't seem that close at this point. I agree with you on the playoffs though, the Thunders star power seems to have them in better shape. Star wise the Wolves have Jimmy and to a lesser extent Towns since he doesn't know what deeense is. Idk though, they seem to be putting it together lately.
    PG's shooting ability is why I'd prefer PG. he's also bigger and is lengthier so he's more versatile. I think if you're trying to win, PG would be a better option. He's finally on a team where he isn't the 1st option and he's shooting 44%. That's on 7 attempts, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    PG's shooting ability is why I'd prefer PG. he's also bigger and is lengthier so he's more versatile. I think if you're trying to win, PG would be a better option. He's finally on a team where he isn't the 1st option and he's shooting 44%. That's on 7 attempts, btw.
    Yea he's been good, I guess I just expected a little more. I'll take Jimmy as he's he better defender and I can trust him way more in the clutch than I can PG. Both are 2 of my favorite players but I think Jimmy passed him up awhile ago. PG still hasn't looked the same to me since his injury but maybe he's coasting, he was good in the playoffs last year.

Dude, Butler is better than PG.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Ya PG is better at shooting 3's but Butler is better at getting inside and attacking at the rim which evens out their scoring efficiency as a whole with FT's etc included (similar points and TS%). However Butler is a better defender and passer/playmaker. His playmaking being better is also boosted by having less turnovers. This makes him the more efficient player overall when you add this to their scoring. So he is a similar scorer, better playmaker, and more efficient overall offensively

Also PGs clutch numbers are about as bad as it gets. Like 0/32 or something on game winners is what I believe I saw awhile ago. Jimmy made every go ahead shot or free throw in the last seconds of the game in his career until last year where he missed a game winner towards the end of the season. It was a tough fadeaway 3 from the corner. Idk if his numbers are still that ridiculous in the clutch this year as I haven't watched every game but in the games I've watched he's hit some clutch shots. It doesn't matter if they're 2s or 3s either, he just has that clutch gene.

I will say it's a damn shame they didn't trade Kyrie for Jimmy like the rumors were last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I think Butler is in my top 10. Is he better than AD? Is he better than the Greek Freak? Also, I happen to think Klay Thompson is still massively underrated and probably the most disrespected player in the league. I think he could basically do what Butler does... lead a team, score efficiently, and play great perimeter defense. All that and Klay is a much better shooter. I think I give him the slight edge.

1) Lebron
    2) Durant
    3) Curry
    4) Harden
    5) Kawhi
    6) Westbrook
    7) Greek Freak
    8) AD
    9) Klay
    10) Butler

He just makes the cut although several of these spots are interchangeable. Cousins, CP3, and Kyrie just miss the cut.
    I agree with your list mostly but Klay isn't better than Butler and doesn't lead a team. Klays a better shooter but that's it.

I think Butler is in my top 10. Is he better than AD? Is he better than the Greek Freak? Also, I happen to think Klay Thompson is still massively underrated and probably the most disrespected player in the league. I think he could basically do what Butler does... lead a team, score efficiently, and play great perimeter defense. All that and Klay is a much better shooter. I think I give him the slight edge.

1) Lebron
    2) Durant
    3) Curry
    4) Harden
    5) Kawhi
    6) Westbrook
    7) Greek Freak
    8) AD
    9) Klay
    10) Butler

He just makes the cut although several of these spots are interchangeable. Cousins, CP3, Kyrie, and KAT just miss the cut.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Ya PG is better at shooting 3's but Butler is better at getting inside and attacking at the rim which evens out their scoring efficiency as a whole with FT's etc included (similar points and TS%). However Butler is a better defender and passer/playmaker. His playmaking being better is also boosted by having less turnovers. This makes him the more efficient player overall when you add this to their scoring. So he is a similar scorer, better playmaker, and more efficient overall offensively
    Much better defensively and more efficient offensively... I don't see the argument for PG. All you gotta do is look at how bad the Bulls are now and how much better the Wolves became.
    Marmolololololol

Butler is the better overall player but I disagree on the defense. They're both equally great defenders. I mean, PG has made the All Defensive teams as well. He's also leading the league in steals and those are one-on-one perimeter defense skills. Not the steals Curry gets from roaming. I haven't watched a whole ton of Minny games. Probably 3-4 max this season but from his Chicago days, I felt Butler had to pound the ball more. Individually, there isn't a problem with that but when you're on a stacked team, I feel PG would fit in better and that's where I think his value as a player surpasses Butler.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast