Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    I am a KP fan, but if you can't see that his game is way off from where it was.. then you are just wearing your KP love goggles The Kid looks tired.. plays like he is tired.. and says he is tired.. he has his spurts, but he is trying to be THE MAN too much..just play within the game and let it flow to you- you are not ready to be an ISO guy..and that is alright.

He also needs to stop the flopping and the crying - it is not a good look for him and will only turn the officials further away from making calls for him.
    Great comments plus the team can be improved because we have veterans with value that can be traded for younger players with potential. Stanley Johnson is 21 and was the 8th overall pick. He is still learning the game but has great Defense and a NBA body already. Playing time and chemistry on a young team where he can grow with his teammates is probably all he needs. Perry make it happen!

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yazannvk

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Great comments plus the team can be improved because we have veterans with value that can be traded for younger players with potential. Stanley Johnson is 21 and was the 8th overall pick. He is still learning the game but has great Defense and a NBA body already. Playing time and chemistry on a young team where he can grow with his teammates is probably all he needs. Perry make it happen!

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yazannvk
    I do like Stanley Johnson, and if THJR is at SG he would be good addition for sure.. his Offensive game scares me a bit , but with KP and THJR Offense along with Kanter for now..that should be enough..and the D with him,KP and Frank could be really good

Stanley Johnson is pretty much a Lance Thomas lite cmon man Iíll pass

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Stanley's Johnson is pretty much .Lance Thomas's but lite cmon man Iíll take them both at the same time. That's heaven to me

Wrong thread. But I hope you have fun

The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Of course that's the goal. But the odds of the Knicks getting the #1 overall pick with KP around is extremely low. It would take a season ending injury for that to happen. But I agree with you, getting a legitimate playmaker that can draw defenses and kick it out - be it from the PG or the SF spot - would be huge for a spread 7 footer who can also play above the rim like KP. It would allow him to produce without expending as much energy as he has to now trying to score in the post 1v1 all game.

If the team is fighting for the 8th seed, maybe the knicks should have KP get his elbow surgery in february, so he's ready for TC. Then turn around and sit THJ because of concern that he will reinsure himself.

The rest of the way roll out, Frank-Dotson-Hicks/Hayes-Beasely-Willy

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    If the team is fighting for the 8th seed, maybe the knicks should have KP get his elbow surgery in february, so he's ready for TC. Then turn around and sit THJ because of concern that he will reinsure himself.

The rest of the way roll out, Frank-Dotson-Hicks/Hayes-Beasely-Willy
    I wouldn't be opposed to it but I don't think the Knicks do it unless we fall enough of out reach where they feel the need to have a firesale at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I think the goal should be to pair KP with that player, not trade him for that player. I definitely understand the concern, as these are things that I've brought up as well. However, trading him would be a tough pill to swallow.

KP just isn't a creator like many of the top players and his peers (Towns, Embiid, Jokic). He's more of an elite finisher. Finishers can be dominant (see Amare). You combine that with his defensive potential and that's why he still has a high ceiling and why at worst I think he'll ultimately be a Robin.

Getting a playmaker is just as important as finding someone better or at a similar level than him. I don't think we've seen what he is yet just based on the fact that he's never had a playmaker. Let's get one in here and then judge him more accurately. Him having to create for himself and others may never work, which could be another reason for his hot starts and steady declines the rest of the way. He can only play outside of himself for so long.
    The other thing people for some reason skims upon KP is his defense. Yes there are times were he lacks focus and i don't need stats to see that he does at times but he is still the best rim protector in the nba with Embiid a close 2nd behind him

https://stats.nba.com/players/defens...ayerPosition=C

Even when he has to guard stretch 4's and 3's playing the 4, which imo is dumb to make a 7'3 guy guard anyway, they still shoot 36.5% against him which is really league average. https://stats.nba.com/players/defens...ayerPosition=C

We are still 15 in defense rating as a team which is sad because its the highest the team has been since the lockout season. Even better then our 54win campaign and KP/Frank has help a lot on the end

I do agree that we need to use Kp as our amare as an elite finisher. If frank can be that playmaking guard we want him to be then we got something cookin
    Stay Humble

Of course that's the goal. But the odds of the Knicks getting the #1 overall pick with KP around is extremely low. It would take a season ending injury for that to happen. But I agree with you, getting a legitimate playmaker that can draw defenses and kick it out - be it from the PG or the SF spot - would be huge for a spread 7 footer who can also play above the rim like KP. It would allow him to produce without expending as much energy as he has to now trying to score in the post 1v1 all game.
    Maybe not the top pick, but I think this season is proof that this team can easily be a bottom 7 team minus a few players. At least in that range, there's a chance to move up.

Also, let's not forget the new rules that will give teams that just missed the playoffs more of a chance. Having four lottery spots instead of three helps, let alone the increased percentages for teams on the back end.

Maybe not the top pick, but I think this season is proof that this team can easily be a bottom 7 team minus a few players. At least in that range, there's a chance to move up.

Also, let's not forget the new rules that will give teams that just missed the playoffs more of a chance. Having four lottery spots instead of three helps, let alone the increased percentages for teams on the back end.
    Is Timmy one of those players? Cause he's been out half the season & I feel like when he's playing we are not a bottom 7 team by any stretch.

Most teams in the league can't afford to lose their 2nd best player for this long of a stretch without it seriously impacting them. We've also had KP out a decent # of games. With both of them playing imo we're a borderline playoff team if not an actual 7/8 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackadalic View Post
    The other thing people for some reason skims upon KP is his defense. Yes there are times were he lacks focus and i don't need stats to see that he does at times but he is still the best rim protector in the nba with Embiid a close 2nd behind him

https://stats.nba.com/players/defens...ayerPosition=C

Even when he has to guard stretch 4's and 3's playing the 4, which imo is dumb to make a 7'3 guy guard anyway, they still shoot 36.5% against him which is really league average. https://stats.nba.com/players/defens...ayerPosition=C

We are still 15 in defense rating as a team which is sad because its the highest the team has been since the lockout season. Even better then our 54win campaign and KP/Frank has help a lot on the end

I do agree that we need to use Kp as our amare as an elite finisher. If frank can be that playmaking guard we want him to be then we got something cookin
    Defense is the thing that KP has that Amare doesn't. It's exactly why he's so highly thought of. I personally don't think he had a good defensive year last year, but I see enough flashes. I also don't think he should be chasing around forwards, which will help in the long run.

Odds are the next Tim Duncan or LeBron James isn't being had with the #7 pick. I wouldn't count on finding that guy to pair with KP in this draft. If he is there, he'll be out of our reach.

Odds are the next Tim Duncan or LeBron James isn't being had with the #7 pick. I wouldn't count on finding that guy to pair with KP in this draft. If he is there, he'll be out of our reach.
    I get that. When I say better than KP, I truly donít know how good KP will be with a playmaker so it could possibly be only slightly or equal.

Look what Kyrie and Horford are able to do or Harden and CP3 (although if he won at least one title, heíd be up there as well. If you canít get the one player, having two one notch below can maybe work. It just canít be more than one notch.

Make sense? Long work week lol.

Nash and Amare are another example. They werenít all that different than the Warriors pre Durant, they were just literally unlucky.

In short, canít truly judge KP yet but someone equal or slightly better may suffice.

Also the point about being bottom 7 is that thereís a shot. New rules will make it that thereís a shot all the way down to 12 to move all the way up.

With the way KP is playing the future looks bleak

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    With the way KP is playing the future looks bleak
    He's still a kid but yeah, he can't take the paint. He is getting out muscled consistently.
    I was concerned with this after watching Mozgov bully him in the Euro games. Hopefully it's only a part of his learning curve.

Right now, he is looking pretty weak willed with everything but his 3 points shot and blocking shots.

I wouldn't be opposed to it but I don't think the Knicks do it unless we fall enough of out reach where they feel the need to have a firesale at the deadline.
    I agree. I said that in the game thread last night. There are going to be some very angry Knicks fans when the trade deadline comes and goes and the same team is on the floor because there's a chine to get into the playoffs.

I understand the desire to make the playoffs and i understand the value it has for experience but when your head coach says flat out, "We aren't a championship team", your FO needs to consider the reasons for fighting for the 8th seed and decide if that experience is worth more than the collective value you might get from trading pieces that aren't part of the team moving forward.

I love Kanter but he's not going to be worth his price tag. He's not worth his price tag right now. Trade him
    I love Lee but you may be able to pick up a late first for him. Trade him
    Q is on the cheap but has a player option next year, people get on him a great deal but I would rather keep him over Kanter at this point. Q plays good, tough D and is a really good passer. Trade or resign
    Lance- He's not a horrible player but not good enough to get much for him. Try to trade
    Doug- Check the market, if a team needs 3pt shooter they may part wit ha 2nd or a young player.
    Beasley- I love him. I don't think he's moveable. Not for more than his value. No one would give up anything to get him because of his history. Keep him.

Essentially, I would try to move 5 guys. Kanter, Lee, Q, Lance, Doug

But I know that won't happen. That makes me a sad Panda

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast