Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

The future of this franchise?

Ok it's the half way point in the season and this team has questions coming

Who needs to be traded? Knicks need to pick up assets. I read in woj article teams really want wing players so Lee seems like someone who should have good value. KOQ is another player they should look into trading or they could trade Willy who teams are calling for..

Do you believe in KP as the future franchise player? Can he be the man, or should the Knicks look into getting max value in a trade before that max deal kicks in.

Is Jeff the right coach for this team? I'm not a fan of his extreme love for. Vets. He isn't giving younger guys necessary playing time to improve. Look at other bad teams there young guys play big minutes.
    Last edited by ISIAH_THOMAS; 01-11-2018 at 01:05 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    The issue is that THJ is injured. How many of those games might have been Ws with him on the court?
    It's a tricky spot.

Kanter seems unhappy with his 4rth quarter minutes. Q is cheap now but has a player option. Lee is awesome but also valuable. Sessions is a wast of space.
    The other issues is KP and his ego. I don't mean he has a big ego, I mean he wants to play for a winning team, so if you sell the farm, does it piss him off to the point that he wants to be traded.

I don't think KP is "the guy", at least yet but I don't think I would move him. KP's feelings aside, if I am the GM, I take a long hard look at this team and I know if we get into the playoffs, maybe we get out of the first round? Maaaaayyyybe... SO I am moving Kanter, Lee, Thomas and Q. I am cutting sessions and Im signing Burke, bringing up Hayes, Hicks and Kornet.
    I am starting willy at the 5 and telling him that if his D isn't good, he will lose his job and be moved in the off season. Noah is my backup.

I am starting Frank-THJ-Hicks or Hayes- KP-Willy

The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

Thats why we need to properly rebuild. we are pinning all our hopes on Kp to carry the team like we did with melo when the reality is its a team game and we need multiple high level all star players to carry us to a title.
    Stay Humble

I'm not against trading KP but because he has a rough stretch of not being a man consistently is silly. Your not gonna get another robin level player with batman potential on a rookie contract often. You keep him and try your best to get another batman level player on this team at around the same age. You guys want instant success so fast when this will be years of growing pains before we reach our full potential

In terms of trades. Lance/Lee/Quinn has to go for sure. Kanter I'm letting him walk after next season if he picks up his option. I'm not paying someone who can't be played in the 4th quarter
    Stay Humble

What isn't going as expected other than some early season home victories? KP starts hot and fades off as he did in his first two seasons and I do agree that Jeff has never been my favorite coach, although I think the jury is still out to some degree. This is not a very talented team and we knew that coming in. Hardaway getting hurt certainly didn't help things but other that not playing Willy I'm not sure that Jeff has relied on vets too much. He is given what he is given by the front office and is trying to win games. Despite what people want to think but these strategies come from higher than the coach. If he was very secure in his job and Perry and Mills said don't worry about pressure to win we want you to develop the young guys, I think you would see something different.

That combination though has us playing in the NBA no mans land not bad enough to be getting top draft picks, not good enough to be a playoff team that matters, and a bad cap situation. I still think KP can be a number one but as with any really good team you need a guy that is right on par with him as a 1a/1b. NY doesn't have the patients for a rebuild though so honestly its unlikely the Knicks will ever get near that level.

We need to start playing Willy and get his confidence back and trade KOQ. If we don't get much for KOQ then this experiment of playing him is a complete waste because we aren't winning and it has kept Willy from developing. I would also move Lee and see if there is any kind of market for Beasley.

Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    What isn't going as expected other than some early season home victories? KP starts hot and fades off as he did in his first two seasons and I do agree that Jeff has never been my favorite coach, although I think the jury is still out to some degree. This is not a very talented team and we knew that coming in. Hardaway getting hurt certainly didn't help things but other that not playing Willy I'm not sure that Jeff has relied on vets too much. He is given what he is given by the front office and is trying to win games. Despite what people want to think but these strategies come from higher than the coach. If he was very secure in his job and Perry and Mills said don't worry about pressure to win we want you to develop the young guys, I think you would see something different.

That combination though has us playing in the NBA no mans land not bad enough to be getting top draft picks, not good enough to be a playoff team that matters, and a bad cap situation. I still think KP can be a number one but as with any really good team you need a guy that is right on par with him as a 1a/1b. NY doesn't have the patients for a rebuild though so honestly its unlikely the Knicks will ever get near that level.

We need to start playing Willy and get his confidence back and trade KOQ. If we don't get much for KOQ then this experiment of playing him is a complete waste because we aren't winning and it has kept Willy from developing. I would also move Lee and see if there is any kind of market for Beasley.
    KP isn't fading he's just have tough time adjusting because the league has given out license to hack his elbow. A player fading wouldn't be avg 20 pts7 rebs 3 blks last 10 games lol so get the **** outta here with this nonsense.

I am a KP fan, but if you can't see that his game is way off from where it was.. then you are just wearing your KP love goggles The Kid looks tired.. plays like he is tired.. and says he is tired.. he has his spurts, but he is trying to be THE MAN too much..just play within the game and let it flow to you- you are not ready to be an ISO guy..and that is alright.

He also needs to stop the flopping and the crying - it is not a good look for him and will only turn the officials further away from making calls for him.

I think we might have missed a golden opportunity and probably should have traded KP for bushels of picks and taken Markannen.

Hate on Phil all you want but he knew talent and had a vision.

Trading KP would have been like when the Bulls traded Elton Brand.

We are in no man's land in terms of talent. Don't think we will ever be good enough to really be a contender because it's flawed logic if you're starting with KP as your no. 1 option

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    I think we might have missed a golden opportunity and probably should have traded KP for bushels of picks and taken Markannen.

Hate on Phil all you want but he knew talent and had a vision.

Trading KP would have been like when the Bulls traded Elton Brand.

We are in no man's land in terms of talent. Don't think we will ever be good enough to really be a contender because it's flawed logic if you're starting with KP as your no. 1 option

I don't think you move him just because he's not your number 1. KP as a second option with Tim as the third would be amazing. We just need that other guy or if kp is your 1, we need the center and SF to be on Tim's level and 2 way players. I think you can win with KP as the 1 but he needs 3 "1B" type guys around him and a good PG.

The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    KP isn't fading he's just have tough time adjusting because the league has given out license to hack his elbow. A player fading wouldn't be avg 20 pts7 rebs 3 blks last 10 games lol so get the **** outta here with this nonsense.
    20 points on 37% from the field and 30% from 3. Call it whatever you want to call it. When a guy was averaging 30 on 50% shooting through the 1st month, it is certainly a significant decline in efficiency and productivity. The guy is also 7'3" he should be getting 7 rebounds by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    20 points on 37% from the field and 30% from 3. Call it whatever you want to call it. When a guy was averaging 30 on 50% shooting through the 1st month, it is certainly a significant decline in efficiency and productivity. The guy is also 7'3" he should be getting 7 rebounds by accident.
    I think you guys want a 22 year old to succeed to fast lol his efficiency has gone down because teams are putting more pressure on him and league is allowing everyone and there mother to smack his elbow.
    Last edited by cheetos185; 01-11-2018 at 01:45 PM.

Some of you cats want rebuild yet are ready to give up on KP after rough stretch lol

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I think you guys want a 22 year old to succeed to fast lol his efficiency has gone down because teams are putting more pressure on him and league is allowing everyone and there mother to smack his elbow.
    Its common sense really. You play better then expected. Teams figure that your way better then expected. Teams play tighter defense on you. Your efficiency drops. Not that hard to understand.

Its too early to say KP isn't a franchise player in year 3. Will he be a batman player? Maybe maybe not. He definitely has robin level potential and you can't give that up
    Stay Humble

Quote Originally Posted by Crackadalic View Post
    Its common sense really. You play better then expected. Teams figure that your way better then expected. Teams play tighter defense on you. Your efficiency drops. Not that hard to understand.

Its too early to say KP isn't a franchise player in year 3. Will he be a batman player? Maybe maybe not. He definitely has robin level potential and you can't give that up
    I agree with this... this team does not have enough talent to judge what KP is going to be especially with timmy out(may be back next game). We were winning early because we were playing as a team,moving the ball and they were hustling their ***** off(much like Chi is right now).
    I will say though ..if KP ever wants to be a "batman" he is going to need to toughen up and take things not expect to be handed them. Guys are going to continue to bully him especially if he does not give it back

Quote Originally Posted by Crackadalic View Post

No lets trade him for lauri who ran away from KP like a ***** once KP blocked couple of his shots last night. People complain about his flops but forget those calls send him to the line for easy pts when our offense is not going anywhere. He's being forced to be a jump shooter since neither coaching staff or pgs have a clue how to run pick and roll with him i mean it's ridiculous how far this board has dropped.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast