Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 86 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yup. And I hope to see more Dems running from her. They need a big change in leadership, whether they move left to Bernie or work the middle, enough is enough with this Chuck and Nancy duo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree. As long as those two are the Democratic talking heads, it's a dead end.

Would love to see some new blood in both parties, but those two are worn and used.

I love close races like this. Every district should be like this.

3,000 absentee ballots is significant, but tend to skew Dem. This has recount written all over it though.

If Iím Saccone Iím asking for a recount right now.

Lol by the time a recount finishes, it will be time to revote for the seat anyway.

Yup. And I hope to see more Dems running from her. They need a big change in leadership, whether they move left to Bernie or work the middle, enough is enough with this Chuck and Nancy duo.
    Seen a few people talk about how this is perhaps an example of how the Democrats' lack of leadership and clear/coherent/unified message and platform might actually end up helping out in these elections. It really shouldn't be hard for candidates to run on whatever message they want because the party, again, is so rudderless right now. It didn't seem hard for him to dissociate himself with the "elites", regardless of how hard Saccone and his dumb ads tried.

It's not a sustainable practice, especially if you think that this is almost entirely about Trump, but for Conor I think it helped. I'm not enthused by moderate prosecutors leading the party, but in Southwestern PA you'll take it. He wasn't shy about his progressive-enough healthcare beliefs and was absolutely on point in regards to taxes. I doubt he'd impede a lot of the progressive shifts I desire, even if he's not gonna carry the gun-control or pro-choice flags.

Most every district that touches the suburbs should be considered in play in the fall, barring drastic changes in the political climate.
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Lol by the time a recount finishes, it will be time to revote for the seat anyway.
    Honestly, things probably just get better for the Dems, assuming the redrawn districts hold. I think Lamb and Saccone will end up being colleagues, but only because Saccone flees Southeast.
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Candidates matter

Lamb wasnít your typical liberal. He ran away from Pelosi. He didnít talk about banning guns etc

Thatís why he did so well along with democrats being enthused

correct analysis...

people always lose sight of this fact... just a split screen picture of the two would make me vote for lamb over the douchey looking guy.

He really was a great candidate... it is weird watching things move to the middle though Jones/lamb

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Seen a few people talk about how this is perhaps an example of how the Democrats' lack of leadership and clear/coherent/unified message and platform might actually end up helping out in these elections. It really shouldn't be hard for candidates to run on whatever message they want because the party, again, is so rudderless right now. It didn't seem hard for him to dissociate himself with the "elites", regardless of how hard Saccone and his dumb ads tried.

It's not a sustainable practice, especially if you think that this is almost entirely about Trump, but for Conor I think it helped. I'm not enthused by moderate prosecutors leading the party, but in Southwestern PA you'll take it. He wasn't shy about his progressive-enough healthcare beliefs and was absolutely on point in regards to taxes. I doubt he'd impede a lot of the progressive shifts I desire, even if he's not gonna carry the gun-control or pro-choice flags.

Most every district that touches the suburbs should be considered in play in the fall, barring drastic changes in the political climate.
    it is really just a massive marketing campaign for the dems right now... it is getting people to believe that they can flip the house in Nov. which will lead to a ton of fund raising... remember though... the amount of money spent on this campaign by the dems isn't even remotely achievable when the General Election occurs

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Agree. As long as those two are the Democratic talking heads, it's a dead end.

Would love to see some new blood in both parties, but those two are worn and used.
    Yeah same with the GOP. McConnell needs to go. I have very conservative family members in Kentucky, his own state, who canít stand him.

Graham is ok, talks a good game. Needs to put his voting where his mouth is (like most Congressmen).

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Ha true, but still worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post

I do wonder though....politics seems much more localized than national. The only good thing Dems are doing strategy wise is they are using a very wide umbrella. They have Doug Jones caucusing with Bernie Sanders.

As a liberal I get frustrated that they never commit to the left, but winning in the long run means appealing to different microcultures across the country.

Yeah same with the GOP. McConnell needs to go. I have very conservative family members in Kentucky, his own state, who canít stand him.

Graham is ok, talks a good game. Needs to put his voting where his mouth is (like most Congressmen).
    I hear this a lot and I'm certainly not defending Pelosi or Schumer or McConnell or any of the party leaders, but it doesn't really matter because if they leave and new people are put in they will be just as hated.

The reason is because in that position you must do a lot more compromising and working with the opposite side to get anything done and you must take more measured and centrist stances, and that immediately causes disfavor amongst each side because it's perceived as capitulating on their beliefs.

The person who must negotiate and be in the middle will be vilified, no matter who they are.

So whatís the official word?

Doug jones is republican

I love close races like this. Every district should be like this.

No they shouldn't. This was a district drawn by Republicans to elect Republicans. It connects Westmoreland county (Republican) to southern Allegheny suburbs while deliberately avoiding Democratic areas Monessen and Clairton. This was only close this time because Dems had a great candidate and the GOP is completely toxic.

And yes, this election has signaled that the House is gone for the Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Interesting to note that if the Libertarian does cost someone this race, it is likely to be the right.

In Allegheny, he got 524 votes.
    In the other three that are currently for Saccone, he got 827 votes.

Now there is no way to tell which voters would have otherwise gone for the GOP or Democratic, but I think that's enough to make a napkin calculation.
    Does anybody really think that GOPers who can't pull the trigger for Saccone are going to waste their time going to the polls to vote for a no-name Libertarian who will be lucky to get 1% of the vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    So whatís the official word?

Lamb won but there will likely be a recount.

Page 13 of 86 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast