Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 59 of 86 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 885 of 1280
  1. #871
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    95,161
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Democrats: we donít need any celebrities turned politicians.

    ...

    Also Democrats: we need to elect the lady from Sex and the City as governor of New York.
    Lol

    The sad thing in NY is not very progressive and a guy like Cuomo has allowed the minority to rule while in tenure. Dems could not do **** because 6 rebel Dems aligned with the gop in state congress to basically block anything and everything.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #872
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    95,161
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I hope Nixon wins. Would you said she is a progressive? I am seeing a lot of women stepping up this year. The social democrat out of NYC. Cortez I think, Stacey Abram for Georgia Governor, Mai Khanh Tran out of california who is going after a republican (Royce, 13 term)seat. Most can be traced back to that woman march the second weekend of Trump administration. I hope they win and change the democrat party to a more progressive stance. Kill Biden's dreams of running in 2020.
    She is a lot more progressive than Cuomo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #873
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,625
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Democrats: we donít need any celebrities turned politicians.

    ...

    Also Democrats: we need to elect the lady from Sex and the City as governor of New York.
    You're kinda a really shallow thinker sometimes. You really think that's the reason people are advocating for her? Do some homework

  4. #874
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    None of your damn business,
    Posts
    8,935
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    What exactly are her policy positions that have you so excited?
    It isn't so much policies, but watching the result of the woman march last year. Of all the movement/marches of the past ten to twelve years, from Tea Party, Occupy Wall Street, BLM, I thought this woman march and the people around it might have some traction in the upcoming election. Sure enough, a lot of woman and of color are running this year. A trans-sexual won a primary, a Sikh won a primary for major. It was like a explosion of diversity running for offices across the nation. All avoiding big money donors, some are progressive, most focusing on the common man problems. All coming from average man working life. I prefer candidates like these to billionaires, business men or career politicians.

    Just a trend I am following.

    That woman march, that inspired a lot of these woman to run, was a reaction to Trump winning the oval office.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-12-2018 at 05:00 PM.

  5. #875
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    None of your damn business,
    Posts
    8,935
    If someone like Bernie Sanders wins the oval office, it would be helpful if the congress reflects his agenda, instead of being a quarrelsome bunch of naysayers. It's a progressive flight of fancy that got me hoping the congress is moved from conservative to at least the middle after mid-term. It might be the beginning of a strong progressive movement. More taxes on the upper 1% protection of social programs as well as Obamacare.
    More the movement of resources from defense to social and education programs.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-12-2018 at 05:10 PM.

  6. #876
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    83,713
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    You're kinda a really shallow thinker sometimes. You really think that's the reason people are advocating for her? Do some homework
    Tell me her policies then that you support. And tell me how they differ from Cuomo substantially. I havenít seen a single policy advocated for. Forget whether it would be implemented. Iím just looking for one at all.

  7. #877
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    None of your damn business,
    Posts
    8,935
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Tell me her policies then that you support. And tell me how they differ from Cuomo substantially. I havenít seen a single policy advocated for. Forget whether it would be implemented. Iím just looking for one at all.
    democratic socialism, in the Bernie Sanders' vein. Check out Our Revolution, the political-organizing grop that came out of Bernie's campaign. Most of the stuff I have been pushing and mentioned above. Medicare for all, higher taxes on the wealthy and she also have not accepted corporate donations. She recited MLK "call it democracy or call it democratic socialism , but we have to have a better distribution of wealth in this country"

    USA Today.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-12-2018 at 06:03 PM.

  8. #878
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    None of your damn business,
    Posts
    8,935
    You don't hear that from the Dem or Rep.

  9. #879
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    83,713
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    democratic socialism, in the Bernie Sanders' vein. Check out Our Revolution, the political-organizing grop that came out of Bernie's campaign. Most of the stuff I have been pushing and mentioned above. Medicare for all, higher taxes on the wealthy and she also have not accepted corporate donations. She recited MLK "call it democracy or call it democratic socialism , but we have to have a better distribution of wealth in this country"

    USA Today.
    Well Medicare for All is a federal policy and sheís running for NY State Governor. So sure thatís nice but she wonít play any real role in implementing that policy. Unless your fear is that Schumer or Gillebrand wouldnít vote for Medicare for All and the person Cuomo would appoint should they step down also not do so. I think itís safe to assume both NY senators as well as any Cuomo appointment would vote affirmatively.

    NY State also has the highest marginal tax rate in the country on income for high earners. So that policy is already in place. Unless, again youíre referring to the federal rate. If so, Iíd like to just say See Point A since Iím on my phone.

    Has she accepted union money? Because I donít know if people know it or want to acknowledge it but unions are basically companies.

    Whatís the plan for a more even distribution that she would implement on the state level. It seems like the reason the Bernie Revolution failed is apparent to me. Thereís no plan for how to actually implement it since itís not a state level plan and weíre a state level government here. You need things done at the state not federal level for any real change.

  10. #880
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,847
    Strok just whipped some Republiklan *** today.

  11. #881
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    95,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Strok just whipped some Republiklan *** today.
    Not if you watch Fox. Lmao


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #882
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    None of your damn business,
    Posts
    8,935
    The whole process was a joke, with Republican falling all over each other to prove who can be the biggest arse hole. Especially the guy who brought up the FBI agent marital problems caused by his affair. This was purely a dog and pony show.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-13-2018 at 02:20 PM.

  13. #883
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    83,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Not if you watch Fox. Lmao


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Fox spin doesnít actually change what happened. I get what youíre saying and agree with the sentiment. But Strzok made them look like looney toons despite having done stuff he shouldnít have.

  14. #884
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,877

    2018 Midterm Elections

    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    It isn't so much policies, but watching the result of the woman march last year. Of all the movement/marches of the past ten to twelve years, from Tea Party, Occupy Wall Street, BLM, I thought this woman march and the people around it might have some traction in the upcoming election. Sure enough, a lot of woman and of color are running this year. A trans-sexual won a primary, a Sikh won a primary for major. It was like a explosion of diversity running for offices across the nation. All avoiding big money donors, some are progressive, most focusing on the common man problems. All coming from average man working life. I prefer candidates like these to billionaires, business men or career politicians.

    Just a trend I am following.

    That woman march, that inspired a lot of these woman to run, was a reaction to Trump winning the oval office.
    Your statement is racist

    The skin color of a person or gender/sexuality shouldnít matter at all in an election race. The person who is more qualified should win not someone because they are black or a woman.

    I mean turn it around and if I or special said something like this you would accuse me or him of being racist:

    This white man should win over this woman/black female because they represent my values and inspired me!

    You guys would rightly say thatís racist (it is)

    But your statement is pretty much exactly like that except youíre talking about minorities and woman. When I look at who Iím going to vote for I donít look at the gender/sexuality/race of the person running and that should have no effect on who you vote for.

    You call special racist yet you are racist in your own way...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Brewersfan255; 07-14-2018 at 10:53 AM.

  15. #885
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,927
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    It isn't so much policies, but watching the result of the woman march last year. Of all the movement/marches of the past ten to twelve years, from Tea Party, Occupy Wall Street, BLM, I thought this woman march and the people around it might have some traction in the upcoming election. Sure enough, a lot of woman and of color are running this year. A trans-sexual won a primary, a Sikh won a primary for major. It was like a explosion of diversity running for offices across the nation. All avoiding big money donors, some are progressive, most focusing on the common man problems. All coming from average man working life. I prefer candidates like these to billionaires, business men or career politicians.

    Just a trend I am following.

    That woman march, that inspired a lot of these woman to run, was a reaction to Trump winning the oval office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Your statement is racist

    The skin color of a person or gender/sexuality shouldnít matter at all in an election race. The person who is more qualified should win not someone because they are black or a woman.

    I mean turn it around and if I or special said something like this you would accuse me or him of being racist:

    This white man should win over this woman/black female because they represent my values and inspired me!

    You guys would rightly say thatís racist (it is)

    But your statement is pretty much exactly like that except youíre talking about minorities and woman. When I look at who Iím going to vote for I donít look at the gender/sexuality/race of the person running and that should have no effect on who you vote for.
    Actually he said (1) that he was delighted that so many women, at al were runing this year and (2) that he preferred them largely due to their progressive views favoring the common man over wealthy and corporate interests.

    You can read that as racist if you want, but it only further highlights your (A) inability to comprehend what you are reading and (B) your belief that using the incendiary word (racist) is the keystone to your argument ó sexist would have been wrong too but perhaps closer to the mark.

Page 59 of 86 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •