Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 154 of 177 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2653
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Is not that, they picked up seats in gerrymandered places.

What it goes to show is that little populated states have way too much power compared to more populated states. These red states send two senators each and yet their population is just a fraction of places Nike NY and Cal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dems need to get off their ***** and make PR and DC states. Not sure why they haven’t already when they had the opportunity.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Dems need to get off their ***** and make PR and DC states. Not sure why they haven’t already when they had the opportunity.

I read this book a few months ago at the behest of a podcast whose book might be at the top of the page in the "customers who viewed this also viewed..." if you click on this link

https://www.amazon.com/Its-Time-Figh.../dp/1612196950

It was OK but it got me fully on board with the "Democrats need to do whatever is necessary to win" bandwagon. The author talks about how the Republican party engages in "procedural wars" more often than the Dems, who wage "policy fights". The procedural war, enabled by the vagueness of the Constitution, is crippling Dems by making it much harder for them on many well-discussed fronts (Garland, racist voter ID laws, gerrymandering, disenfranchisement etc.).

So he suggests things like DC and PR statehood (which is also morally the correct thing to do on its own).

But also breaking California up into as many as 7 states. Packing the courts with YOUNG progressives as soon as humanly possible. Pack the SCOTUS. Eliminate the filibuster in the first month of the next Dem administration. And a bunch of lesser things. So on and so forth. Blanking right now

The concern obviously is what happens after you shatter these norms and Republicans can wage the same things down the road --something I think about that a TON lately in regards to things Obama did that enabled Trump to more readily do what he's doing. You have to always think ahead and worry about those consequences. But at the same time you can't sit and watch democracy slowly be unrolled in front of you. Restore order. Dems have won 7 of the 8 general elections. Their policy wants ARE more popular. And who knows...if you do some of these things you might not have to worry about Republicans after their procedural warfare gains are eroded.
    this my sig

Florida and Georgia conduct elections like third world countries.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    FL requires that counties report early voting etc 30 mins after polls close so stuff like this wouldn’t happen. Seems like every county can do it but them for w/e reason
    Just get to whatever you're trying to get at already What point are you trying to make? What are you alleging?
    this my sig

this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post

And why the **** do we need to Dakotas? Their are about 1 million people combined in both places.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    No wonder the other chick was like let’s stop counting now because she had a shrinking lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Fla may still be a battleground state, not Ohio.

Ohio is but it requires the Dems to move back to repping the working class. So basically they need Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Florida and Georgia conduct elections like third world countries.
    They’re not the only ones. There are polling places in CA that are paper ballots in peoples garages.

We are so *** backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Ok I take it back...

Dems are set to pick up 30 House seats now.

They were expected to lose a few Trump state Senate seats but miraculously held onto Manchin and Tester (pseudo Dems though).

Some good Gov wins including firsts for minorities and a gay governor

And most of all the popular vote is about +9 in favor of Dems.

....so ok, it was a wave. Missing in Florida just makes it look not as good. .
    I don't know why you rag on Tester so much. He voted against the tax bill, against the AHCA, against Gorsuch, and against Kavanaugh. Trump went after his *** and got beat. He's no Elizabeth Warren but he's a solid vote from a red state.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Broward county is a big effen joke!
    Nick

1998 Yankees 94-35. ---

2018 Red Sox 90-39 4

The Dems are trying steal the elections...unreal!
    Nick

1998 Yankees 94-35. ---

2018 Red Sox 90-39 4

Did you at the same when Kemp was doing shady **** in Georgia?

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    They’re not the only ones. There are polling places in CA that are paper ballots in peoples garages.

We are so *** backwards.

I'm sorry. Give me the paper. Paper is so hard to fake. I don't mind if it takes longer to count. paper ballot scanned into a machine that reads it. That way it can always be checked. (and it should be spot checked.)

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

I love how we get results on Election night but recounts take a month.....

A little shady, huh?
    Nick

1998 Yankees 94-35. ---

2018 Red Sox 90-39 4