Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Panik traded for DuClair

Love this. Both need a change of scenery and I think Duclair can be ****ing awesome in our system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a great move by Bowman

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Really nice trade. Shpuld help this season and the cap for next season. Panik had a nice run, but it appears over

After Duclair asked for a trade recently, I almost came here to say that he made complete sense for the Hawks. I love it!

Not the same type of player, but I think Duclair can have similar impact to what Panik gave the Hawks last year, given the upgraded talent around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash View Post
    Not the same type of player, but I think Duclair can have similar impact to what Panik gave the Hawks last year, given the upgraded talent around him.
    Yep. He gives us a lot of speed and some untapped scoring ability. I think if you can put him in favorable spots as he gets adjusted defensively, he will score.

Duclair is a RFA at the end of the season. His current cap hit is $1.2 million. Given his lack of time in the NHL, we should be able to sign him to a very team friendly deal. Only 22-years old. This is a great trade for the Hawks. There will be other Richard Paniks on the free agent market. He was a nice player, but not a big loss.

Minor pieces of the trade that weren't mentioned include Dauphin going back to the Coyotes and Clendening reuniting with the Hawks.

Stan also mentioned that cap space being huge for signing Sikura. So it sounds likely we see him this year as well.

If we could use the Hossa space to go get a Dman, I'd be pretty happy.

I still believe Hossa is coming back.

Who knows? I'm not banking on it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Who knows? I'm not banking on it though.

At this point, I feel like it's pretty safe to assume that Hossa would have announced his retirement if he had no intentions of coming back. I feel like we'll see Hossa return for the 2018-19 season and he will announce that it will be his last. As a fan, I really hope so. I want to see Hossa go out on his own terms and because of some bizarre allergy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    At this point, I feel like it's pretty safe to assume that Hossa would have announced his retirement if he had no intentions of coming back. I feel like we'll see Hossa return for the 2018-19 season and he will announce that it will be his last. As a fan, I really hope so. I want to see Hossa go out on his own terms and because of some bizarre allergy.
    I agree with you on the last part. It's just that based on what people have said about his condition and the treatments he had to go through, I don't see how he'd keep playing.

I still believe Hossa is coming back.
    I really don't think so. I'd love to be wrong on this but I think he's done.

See, the thing people forget about is that if Hossa announces his retirement officially, the Hawks get hit with cap recapture. If he retired officially after this season, we'd be forced to pay a hit of $4.275 million for the next 3 years. Hossa and the Hawks know this and I think this is why he hasn't officially announced his retirement.

As for this trade, I love it. Duclair brings speed, youth, and goal scoring ability. I think he could thrive here playing with top talent. To get him and Clendening (who's basically a throw-in for contract purposes) for Panik and Dauphin is a steal, IMO. No draft picks changing hands and we actually save money in this trade.

2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast