Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which of the remaining players is best?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

6 33.33%
  • Wilt Chamberlain

5 27.78%
  • Shaquille O'Neal

5 27.78%
  • Tim Duncan

0 0%
  • Magic Johnson

0 0%
  • Larry Bird

1 5.56%
  • Kobe Bryant

1 5.56%
  • Hakeem Olajuwon

0 0%
  • Another Player (Please Specify)

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Will honestly like to mention, that if this is strictly best player all time, peak performance, Stephen Curry has to be on the poll for next round, and honestly could be considered for this spot here over the towering bigs on the board
    Playoffs considered? Steph has no argument right now.

Kobe all day

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well there's the trade-off between monster efficiency or volume scoring that the other two don't have to contend with (meaning when Wilt scored a ton, he wasn't super efficient and when he was super efficient he didn't score a ton).

There's also the consistently referenced selfishness. But I am leaning Wilt, even if slightly.
    But isn't a safe assumption that super efficient Wilt could have scored more but he just learned to play the best team basketball. That '67 season he learned he could score 25, set up his teammates, rebound, and defend and dominate the league. I don't think it was that he wasn't capable of scoring 40 anymore he just learned that he didn't have to every night and it helped his team be more successful. I find it hard to believe that a physical freak like Wilt Chamberlain who was could run like a deer, lift Arnold like a rag doll, and teams were still trying to sign at 50 was suddenly incapable of putting up big numbers anymore at 29.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I can imagine 300-pound Orlando Shaq with his 7'7" wingspan stepping out on the perimeter just as well as Wilt. People forget how quick and athletic he was before going to Los Angeles and gaining 80 pounds.
    I'll concede that Orlando Shaq was fast and dynamic for his SIZE but you can't seriously compare him to a track star like Wilt Chamberlain.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Will honestly like to mention, that if this is strictly best player all time, peak performance, Stephen Curry has to be on the poll for next round, and honestly could be considered for this spot here over the towering bigs on the board
    I'll co-sign Curry.

Based on nominations and previous votes I plan to add Dwyane Wade and Steph Curry to the next poll.

Does anyone want to nominate any others for the poll?
    Throw 77 Walton and 82-83 Moses on there. League/Finals MVP combos deserve recognition. I can definitely see making a case for either of them top 10

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

I can imagine 300-pound Orlando Shaq with his 7'7" wingspan stepping out on the perimeter just as well as Wilt. People forget how quick and athletic he was before going to Los Angeles and gaining 80 pounds.
    He gained like 20 and it wasn't just fat

Well there's the trade-off between monster efficiency or volume scoring that the other two don't have to contend with (meaning when Wilt scored a ton, he wasn't super efficient and when he was super efficient he didn't score a ton).

There's also the consistently referenced selfishness. But I am leaning Wilt, even if slightly.
    A trade off he was teaching the league. He was selfish tho, kind of like AI in that regard cuz it's not like his team couldn't have done as good without him hogging. Unlike AI, a team was never built around that, Wilt adapted more often

Looking through the comments, JazzNC voted for Wilt so it is a tie 6-6 for Kareem and Wilt. I will post the next poll for #5

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    He gained like 20 and it wasn't just fat
    He reached 370 during his last season in Los Angeles after coming into the league at 294 pounds.

Looking through the comments, JazzNC voted for Wilt so it is a tie 6-6 for Kareem and Wilt. I will post the next poll for #5
    yet conveniently skip my Kobe pick in the comments..

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    yet conveniently skip my Kobe pick in the comments..
    No I counted it, just Kobe wasn't close to winning lol

Quote Originally Posted by greatness one View Post
    yet conveniently skip my kobe pick in the comments..
    i <3 u 2
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

He reached 370 during his last season in Los Angeles after coming into the league at 294 pounds.
    Lol rookie Shaq didn't stay at 294 for long at all.
    By the time he left he was easily in the 330 range and only hit 380 the year he couldn't train, lost the weight thereafter.

Point stands

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234