Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Well it was done by 60 democratic votes. Not one GOP member voted for it and it was done behind closed doors just like the tax bill. There’s really no difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    so representatives from 60% of the country is not different than representatives from 51% of the country. OK. But I think your 5th grade math teacher disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    so representatives from 60% of the country is not different than representatives from 51% of the country. OK. But I think your 5th grade math teacher disagrees.
    There both over the majority so I’m not sure what you’re trying to get at?

The point is both sides didn’t try to work together to pass a bill. Things are way too polarized and that’s a shame. The best bills are the ones with bipartisan support

I tried. You can now resume your regularly scheduled broadcasts.
    you tried to spin something against me that you should know is commonly said by millions of people.
    if you disagree then I guess you should send a tweet to @TheDemocrats and tell them that their name is wrong.
    we can move on, but don't try to pretend that these people in politics are not often simply called Democrats.

Seriously just stop. You make people on the right look ridiculous

show me what I said that was wrong.

since you didn't specifically address anything I have to guess to what you're referring to based on the quote you replied to.
    identity politics? I have seen many sick and tired of Democrats playing identity politics.
    Democrats? you too called them Democrats.
    A lot of negotiations going on between gop and democrats including between McCarthy and Hoyer

the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

There both over the majority so I’m not sure what you’re trying to get at?

The point is both sides didn’t try to work together to pass a bill. Things are way too polarized and that’s a shame. The best bills are the ones with bipartisan support

One is bigger than the other? One wasn't done with a rule that skips the filibuster? etiher? both?

One is bigger than the other? One wasn't done with a rule that skips the filibuster? etiher? both?
    Nvmd that the behind closed door complaint is overplayed. The ACA was based off a republican plan, which is why it blows. The Dems should have used the majority to pass single payer. Then the in secret and closed door argument would work better.

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Not shocking at all. The DNC's electoral strategy for 40 years has been to import votes. California was such a success that they have fought and clawed to make the rest of the nation in its image.
    Welcome to California.....Bullet Trains and Sanctuary!

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Welcome to California.....Bullet Trains and Sanctuary!
    In DC, I would kill for a bullet train. The metro system that we have is terrible. I know you will love this but the 689 union is a big part of it. I am a supporter of unions but this specific one is god awful.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

I dream of a day when Libs see stuff like this as doing the right thing and not merely a political ploy.
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I dream of a day when Libs see stuff like this as doing the right thing and not merely a political ploy.
    I doubt that has ever been a day or will ever be a day. The best you can hope for is that it will both be the right time and a political ploy. And this goes for either side, not just liberals. Conservatives are the same way, the system mandates it. Otherwise you don't get re-elected.

Democrats just want to look ‘morally’ acceptable these days to illegal immigrants. Jerry Brown officially opened the Sanctuary Gate in California and they can care less about illegal immigrants way of lives. It is a ploy for votes.

The first generation are “Reachers” not “Dreamers”
    They are everywhere in the CA industry sector working their *** off here but their paychecks go back to Mexico, Central, South America. These paychecks are huge back home and they stack and stack and stack up and these “Reachers” end up going back home to retire with family. Sapping our industry for their gain....never trying to assimilate into society and evolving from a migrant worker. If they leave, their children “Dreamers” are what the Dems covet the most. They most likely stay here and evolve from the Home Depot work for hire crew and go to school on govt funds. It’s every ****ing day here and we see it year after year and now this Sanctuary Status should open the flood gates of mediocrity!

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Most do.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I doubt that has ever been a day or will ever be a day. The best you can hope for is that it will both be the right time and a political ploy. And this goes for either side, not just liberals. Conservatives are the same way, the system mandates it. Otherwise you don't get re-elected.
    Don't be so ****ing cynical. My guess is it's more the other way around. People believe it's good, but because there are some higher ups who think it could hurt the party (people don't like people that aren't white) they have to have a way it HELPS the party to sell it.

DACA is dead, dems just don't want it.

Don't be so ****ing cynical. My guess is it's more the other way around. People believe it's good, but because there are some higher ups who think it could hurt the party (people don't like people that aren't white) they have to have a way it HELPS the party to sell it.
    If I had a nickel for every time something was right because it was a cynical assumption, I'd be a very wealthy man.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Was it not common knowledge before hand that the Democrats supported the Dreamers?

Politics is literally all about votes. We’re not going to get all high and mighty and pretend one side cares about votes and the other just wants to do “what’s right”. Are we?
    IDK about you, but I am. The Republicans only care about their donors while the democrats compassionately support all marginalized groups, even at the expense of other margalized groups.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast