Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    Agree, it's like the only team he watches is the Pats. Colvin is one of the best nickel corners in the league and Smith and Jack are 2 of the fastest and best cover Lbs in the league. The only LB I worry about in coverage is Poz and I don't think he will play much in this game

Smith seemed to get abused all day long against Pittsburgh whether it was Bell or McDonald. I would guess there will be a much different strategy they face with New England though. Lots of quick throws. So none of the LB's should be caught covering routes very long.

Jacksonville by 10.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Jacksonville by 10.
    How on earth are they going to score 52 points?

Putting the #1 corner on Gronk is suicide... Gronk will still be able to make plays with a short corner covering him no matter how good he is. He’s pretty much uncoverable 1 v 1. You take Ramsey and put him on Gronk, you won’t be able to cover Cooks AND Hogan... and that leaves out Amendola and potentially Mitchell if he returns. Brady would carve them up especially if they took their best corner essentially out of the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Hot take. If i was Jacksonville i would play Ivory over LF.

PAPI SMASH!

Yeah I agree with not putting the #1 CB on Gronk. Most likely he'll still get his because he's one of the all time great football players. That isn't even an exaggeration. A guy like Ramsey could be physical and completely eliminate someone like Cooks. I'm a big proponent of eliminating what you can eliminate and limit what you can't eliminate. Gronk getting 8 catches for 120 yards won't beat you if no one else goes off but if you invest your best resources to holding him to like 4 for 60 then there's a good chance the extra defensive attention on Gronk allows the other guys to more than make up that difference, IMO.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    No disrespect to Ramsey, love his game and all of this is true....But he's not big enough to guard Gronk. 194lbs vs 270lbs. Gronk would man handle him. They're better off bracketing Gronk with their safety and either Jack or Smith.
    He does have a history of assaulting smaller, faster players who beat him.

Wonder if the NFL would step up and throw him out of the game if he assaults another person vs the Jags.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

You mean one time ****** ?

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

The Jaguars have two of the most athletic LBs in the league, so I'm not sure how that leaves the Patriots RBs having a field day. Also, the Jags 3rd CB, Aaron Colvin is pretty good as well. Certainly good enough so that Amendola won't be a mismatch.
    Just because they're extremely athletic (to which I agree, no debate here) doesn't mean they are great in coverage. RB's and TE's have hurt the Jags all year. Jack is the better coverage backer. Smith, with all his athleticism, has no problem keeping up with a player, but he's not great at defending the pass. He gets out of position or doesn't turn his head/hips properly a lot.

They can.
    Yes, but will they? Remains to be seen. The Patriots over the years (since 2007) have found ways to combat this approach because it was long thought of as the only way to beat the Patriots. Usually the Patriots scheme and play call around it. Look for lots of runs, delayed hand offs, screen passes, reverses, jet sweeps, quick passes. The Patriots wont sit back in the pocket and look deep and allow the rush to get to them.

Brady's deep ball has become ineffective as the season has progressed anyway. He is 40 years old.
    He won't try to test the outside in this game, but it won't be due to his arm strength.

This has been the game plan of every defense facing the Jaguars this season.
    And they lost 6 games.

The Patriots defense is only good because of coaching. From a pure talent perspective they are pretty weak.
    Coaching is a top reason but they're certainly not talentless. Start with the secondary...McCourty, Butler, Chung Gilmour, Harmon...Lot's of talent there. Trey Flowers and Wise Jr. Are fantastic and Wise is a freak. Branch has always been a boarderline pro bowler. So D line and Secondary are pretty talented. LB core leaves much to be desired.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Agree, it's like the only team he watches is the Pats. Colvin is one of the best nickel corners in the league and Smith and Jack are 2 of the fastest and best cover Lbs in the league. The only LB I worry about in coverage is Poz and I don't think he will play much in this game
    Smith is not a great cover LB. He's extremely fast and athletic but his positioning and coverage skills are not great.

I watch lots of Jags games. I love this team/defense.

Colvin is average to good as CB. As a nickel CB considering there are only 32...Yeah he's probably top 10. As a CB though, he's about 50th.

City of Champions

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728