Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
    ramsey is the perfect guy to put on gronk. dude is strong fast and physical and can cover damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    ramsey is the perfect guy to put on gronk. dude is strong fast and physical and can cover damn good.
    No disrespect to Ramsey, love his game and all of this is true....But he's not big enough to guard Gronk. 194lbs vs 270lbs. Gronk would man handle him. They're better off bracketing Gronk with their safety and either Jack or Smith.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    No disrespect to Ramsey, love his game and all of this is true....But he's not big enough to guard Gronk. 194lbs vs 270lbs. Gronk would man handle him. They're better off bracketing Gronk with their safety and either Jack or Smith.
    I think Jack is going to be on him with a help from Gipson. Jack isn't big but he's one hell of an athlete.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think Jack is going to be on him with a help from Gipson. Jack isn't big but he's one hell of an athlete.
    Agreed. That's what I would do. Gronk can be slowed with bracket coverage like that if the players are athletic and physical enough. In this case I think they are.

City of Champions

hotdalton18 is offline Jags&Heat&Dodgers&Gators
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post

Talib did fine vs gronk before

Ramsey is much bigger and better then Talib

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Iím enjoying this doubt of the Steelers. Usually means we win.
    lol

I think it will be some mixed looks to see what works the best but Ramsey has a 42 inch vert and is extremely athletic. I think we match up with the Pats as good as any team in the league. Eric Berry plays Gronk as good as anyone and I think Ramsey can give the same results. Ramsey is 6'2" and 208 btw, not 194 and Gronk is 265
    Last edited by flgatorsandjags; 01-15-2018 at 08:40 PM.

ill say this. Jaguars definitely match up with Patriots better than anyone in the league. Even the Vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post

Talib is barely ever on Gronk lol. Also "Much better" is a bit of an exaggeration imo.

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    ill say this. Jaguars definitely match up with Patriots better than anyone in the league. Even the Vikings.
    Because they have the pass rush to get after Brady. That's the only way you can beat them. I don't think they have the linebackers to cover the running backs running routes though.

hotdalton18 is offline Jags&Heat&Dodgers&Gators
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post

Talib is barely ever on Gronk lol. Also "Much better" is a bit of an exaggeration imo.

Ramsey is in his 2nd season and the best CB in the league

Talib has never been that

Maybe just in pure coverage it's close but in all around game it's not close

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside

Ramsey is in his 2nd season and the best CB in the league

Talib has never been that

Maybe just in pure coverage it's close but in all around game it's not close
    Lol ok.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    I think it will be some mixed looks to see what works the best but Ramsey has a 42 inch vert and is extremely athletic. I think we match up with the Pats as good as any team in the league. Eric Berry plays Gronk as good as anyone and I think Ramsey can give the same results. Ramsey is 6'2" and 208 btw, not 194 and Gronk is 265
    Ok, lets use your numbers...Still a huge difference in size. IDC what Ramseys vert is, Ramsey is a superb athlete, not denying that...But he's not in the same class as Gronk is.

Even if Ramsey can slow Gronk, and that's a big if, that leaves Buoye on Cooks.

Meaning Hogan, Dola and RB's can have a field day because 2 of the Patriots top offensive weapons cancel out your 2-3 top defenders.

If you can't get pressure up the middle with 4 rushers, you'll lose. Brady will carve your D up with his RB's/Hogan/Dola. If you can get consistent pressure up the middle you have as good of a chance as any to win.

Look for a fast pace offense and a lot of runs/draws to tire out your front 4. Patriots aren't going to try to throw deep much here. They want to control the ball and keep your defense on the field to tire them out. Even if we're just kicking field goals on offense that puts pressure on Bortles to win the game. You better bet the Patriots will be selling out against the run.

Either Bortles or your D forcing multiple turn overs is what's going to win this game for the Jags.

City of Champions

Talib has never covered Gronk for an entire game. B y Talibs own admission he said "The only way to stop Gronk is to triple team him"

City of Champions

Ok, lets use your numbers...Still a huge difference in size. IDC what Ramseys vert is, Ramsey is a superb athlete, not denying that...But he's not in the same class as Gronk is.
    Yeah, the Jaguars won't shut down Gronkowski with one player. That's because of the current NFL rules though, not because there isn't anyone in the league who could match up with him from a size and athleticism perspective.

To take Gronkowski out of the game, a defense would have to literally take him out of the game. I.e. give him a concussion or go for his knees. That's not my recommendation, but neither am I playing for a trip to the Super Bowl, nor have I been disrespected all season long.

Even if Ramsey can slow Gronk, and that's a big if, that leaves Buoye on Cooks.

Meaning Hogan, Dola and RB's can have a field day because 2 of the Patriots top offensive weapons cancel out your 2-3 top defenders.
    The Jaguars have two of the most athletic LBs in the league, so I'm not sure how that leaves the Patriots RBs having a field day. Also, the Jags 3rd CB, Aaron Colvin is pretty good as well. Certainly good enough so that Amendola won't be a mismatch.

If you can't get pressure up the middle with 4 rushers, you'll lose.
    They can.

Patriots aren't going to try to throw deep much here.
    Brady's deep ball has become ineffective as the season has progressed anyway. He is 40 years old.

You better bet the Patriots will be selling out against the run.

Either Bortles or your D forcing multiple turn overs is what's going to win this game for the Jags.
    This has been the game plan of every defense facing the Jaguars this season.

Most of the time this season, Bortles was able to take advantage of play action. I agree that's the big if -- if he can do so next weekend as well.

The Patriots defense is only good because of coaching. From a pure talent perspective they are pretty weak.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast