HEINZ FIELD
    NORTH SHORE
    PITTSBURGH PENNSYLVANIA

WHO'S PLAYING?
    VS

PITTSBURGH STEELERS STATS

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS STATS

PROCESSING

I doubt Ben throws 14535 picks again this time, but still think Jax is going to be tough.

Gun to my head, pitt by 3 in another ugly one.

I wanna say Jacksonville but I fear they disrespected the Steelers too much the last time they played.

Pittsburgh and I don't think it'll be close.

The return... 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Pittsburgh and I don't think it'll be close.
    Yup, my take. Jags look more like jagoffs lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Way to put up a poll.

I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I wanna say Jacksonville but I fear they disrespected the Steelers too much the last time they played.
    Offensively we're vastly different too.

We played them in week 5. Juju hadn't broken out yet, Bell was only in week 5 after skipping camp, Bryant hadn't started producing yet. Ben was in a funk.

Since week 10 (give or take) Ben has been one of the hottest QB's in the NFL, Bell has been hard to stop, Bryant is coming up big in big places, and JuJu is looking like a legit top end #2 WR.

Defensively we're better against the run, we're going to make it so Blake has to beat us with his arm, and with Haden, Sutton, and Burns playing better it's going to be a tough task. If Jacksonville tries to come in with an edge because of the last meeting its going to be tough sledding IMO.

Not to mention the weather. Snow on Saturday with a high of 19 on Sunday, wind chill of 10, with winds going 10-20 MPG with 30 MPG gusts.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Offensively we're vastly different too.

We played them in week 5. Juju hadn't broken out yet, Bell was only in week 5 after skipping camp, Bryant hadn't started producing yet. Ben was in a funk.

Since week 10 (give or take) Ben has been one of the hottest QB's in the NFL, Bell has been hard to stop, Bryant is coming up big in big places, and JuJu is looking like a legit top end #2 WR.

Defensively we're better against the run, we're going to make it so Blake has to beat us with his arm, and with Haden, Sutton, and Burns playing better it's going to be a tough task. If Jacksonville tries to come in with an edge because of the last meeting its going to be tough sledding IMO.

Not to mention the weather. Snow on Saturday with a high of 19 on Sunday, wind chill of 10, with winds going 10-20 MPG with 30 MPG gusts.
    That doesn't really help the passing games though? Wouldn't that benefit the ground games more in which both teams are good at?

I think it'll be an ugly game for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    That doesn't really help the passing games though? Wouldn't that benefit the ground games more in which both teams are good at?

I think it'll be an ugly game for sure.
    Hurts the Steelers pass offense far less than the Jags pass offense. Ben's talked about it in the past how this poor weather helps them partially because they are used to it, partially because of the way they play. Our passing offense has evolved to shorter crossing routes that don't need to push the ball downfield as much, so the poor weather doesn't help.

The odd thing to add into that, we play on natural grass, and in those conditions the team typically used to it (and for us, built to play on it) has better footing and reacts better to the surface and how it's reacting.

PROCESSING

Jax will win because war.

Hurts the Steelers pass offense far less than the Jags pass offense. Ben's talked about it in the past how this poor weather helps them partially because they are used to it, partially because of the way they play. Our passing offense has evolved to shorter crossing routes that don't need to push the ball downfield as much, so the poor weather doesn't help.

The odd thing to add into that, we play on natural grass, and in those conditions the team typically used to it (and for us, built to play on it) has better footing and reacts better to the surface and how it's reacting.
    But the Jags pass game sucks anyway. Can it possibly be suckier? It hurts the Steelers more because they're more dependent on the pass game than the Jags are.

It's obviously better for the Steelers in that they know how to play in it but I believe it'll effect them more than the Jags since they basically punt on passing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    But the Jags pass game sucks anyway. Can it possibly be suckier? It hurts the Steelers more because they're more dependent on the pass game than the Jags are.

It's obviously better for the Steelers in that they know how to play in it but I believe it'll effect them more than the Jags since they basically punt on passing anyway.
    Eh. I wouldn’t be so sure of that. Because if Jacksonville is already bad at passing the ball, and the conditions make it worse, it means we can devote even more to the running game and force them to beat us through the air.

I wouldn’t say we’re more dependent on the pass, we’re more balanced then Jacksonville. We have a run pass split of 53/47. Jacksonville is 63/37. Even with the conditions factored in being more balanced always helps out.

I would expect us to play a lot of 8/9 in the box and play man on the outside with a single high and dare them to beat us with their passing game.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    That will most likely work, as it did for Buffalo last week (only 10 points allowed). But that scenario and game plan against a bad quarterback might bring up bad memories for Steeler fans -- Tim Tebow.
    Eh, our corners weren't that great then and we started a backup FS that game. Mike Mitchell isn't as good as Ryan Clark was that season (Clark was possibly the best FS that year), but he's not as bade as Anthony Smith was then.

PROCESSING

I would expect us to play a lot of 8/9 in the box and play man on the outside with a single high and dare them to beat us with their passing game.
    That will most likely work, as it did for Buffalo last week (only 10 points allowed). But that scenario and game plan against a bad quarterback might bring up bad memories for Steeler fans -- Tim Tebow. If the Steelers are fortunate, those memories will only occur going into the game and not be due to a repeat performance during the game.
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 01-09-2018 at 12:13 PM.

AB going to be 100%? If not, I can see Jax D playing well enough to win. Not 5 INT good like last time, but still dominating.
    If AB is at or near 100% then I'd give the alight edge to Pitt.
    Wither way, I expect this to be a very close game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast