Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mberr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    i could see denver, the jets, or bills trading or signing him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    But seriously, Denver should be the first one calling.
    maybe, but Denver's price would be like 2x higher than almost anybody else's tho.

You guys are nuts if you don't think Alex is netting a 2nd. No respect for Alex.

Smith does only have one year left at a 20.6 cap hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

If Ben retires I wouldn't be shocked to see the Steelers jump on it.

PROCESSING

It makes sense for a team ready to compete right now to trade for him but teams in the rebuilding phase would be stupid to give up a 2 for him. The guy is 34, will probably get paid a good amount once his contract comes up (because all QB's do) and has limitations as is. He is a capable QB but it probably won't be for much longer.

Browns will likely trade for him, giving up one of their 3? second round picks for him. Draft a Qb to sit behind him, whether that be with the 1st pick or the 4th pick, or trading back into the first to get a guy. Drafting Barkley and perhaps Fitzpatrick and trading back for a guy like Rudolf/Mayfield or sitting in the 2nd round for a guy like Falk in the 2nd round.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

If the Browns trade for him it would be idiotic, especially if they draft a QB. You would basically be trading a 2nd rounder for one season of Alex Smith (he's a UDA in 2019) and probably 4-5 wins. Might as well payer a veteran QB for 1 year to do the same thing and not give up compensation. If they didn't draft a QB it would make a little more sense but ultimate why would you trade for a veteran QB when you are in a compete rebuild?

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    It makes sense for a team ready to compete right now to trade for him but teams in the rebuilding phase would be stupid to give up a 2 for him. The guy is 34, will probably get paid a good amount once his contract comes up (because all QB's do) and has limitations as is. He is a capable QB but it probably won't be for much longer.
    Getting paid a good amount would lower his cap hit though. If you extended him 2 more years at $16M per, that would drop his current cap hit of $20.6M.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

If Blake Bortles wets his pants again this weekend against the Steelers, I would put the Jags in the mix--perhaps favorites---for Alex Smith.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    If Blake Bortles wets his pants again this weekend against the Steelers, I would put the Jags in the mix--perhaps favorites---for Alex Smith.
    Will be interesting.

It will be crazy if they offer Bortles a long term deal. Even if he beats the Steelers somehow.

Smith, Eli, Tyrod (if he recovers from that headhunt) would be interesting options as well.

AJ McC in Cincy supposedly wants out, so he might be an interesting one as well.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

I have heard 2 and 5 to Cleveland. We will see if it comes to fruition.

#GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

As a Chiefs fan, I wouldn’t mind a second with a conditional pick. I’ve heard a lot say the package would be very similar to what the Chiefs paid the 49ers back in 2013. He makes a ton of sense for Cleveland because of the Dorsey connection. They’ve had such a revolving door at the QB position and so many draft busts with all those high picks, why not spend one on a proven than another question mark? A second is well worth it for them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123