Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    What options are off the table now besides the guy who went to Green Bay?
    What jobs might be available to him: NYG, AZ, DET and INDY right plus NE if/when Patricia leaves.
    Maybe he wants one of those jobs instead???
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Adam Jahns: Bears to name Matt Nagy new head coach

Pace/Nagy has done a good job so far with these hires.

Things looking positive. Keep Fangio and Iíll be very pleased with the coaching staff.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    What options are off the table now besides the guy who went to Green Bay?
    What jobs might be available to him: NYG, AZ, DET and INDY right plus NE if/when Patricia leaves.
    Maybe he wants one of those jobs instead???
    Pettine went to GB and Gus Bradley stayed with the Chargers.

The only realistic option for him right now is Arizona as I see it, unless he wants to start from scratch again. If he chose AZ however then Bettcher would almost certainly be our guy and Id be more than ok with that honestly.

Not going to be too hard on Fangio. He has his reasons whether it be for more money or whatever..it is human.

As a fan it is frustrating but not going to stress over it too much

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan27 View Post
    Pettine went to GB and Gus Bradley stayed with the Chargers.

The only realistic option for him right now is Arizona as I see it, unless he wants to start from scratch again. If he chose AZ however then Bettcher would almost certainly be our guy and Id be more than ok with that honestly.
    I think Indy is a shot though though too. Maybe he is willing to start over. They could surely use a coordinator of his caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I think Indy is a shot though though too. Maybe he is willing to start over. They could surely use a coordinator of his caliber.
    He may want to but Im not sure why anyone would want the Indy job in this day and age where if you dont win in two seasons you are out. Even with a healthy Luck, they have what, Hilton and Hooker to build around? Every area of that team needs improvement and if Luck is never going to be the same again then you dont even even have an outside shot of winning in the short term. That job is arguably the worst in the league, including Cleveland in my opinion.

He may want to but Im not sure why anyone would want the Indy job in this day and age where if you dont win in two seasons you are out. Even with a healthy Luck, they have what, Hilton and Hooker to build around? Every area of that team needs improvement and if Luck is never going to be the same again then you dont even even have an outside shot of winning in the short term. That job is arguably the worst in the league, including Cleveland in my opinion.
    And yet Nagy gave serious thought to going there to work with Luck

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    And yet Nagy gave serious thought to going there to work with Luck
    And its possible he didnt like what he was hearing about Luck, from a medical standpoint. Or he just preferred Trubisky.

https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/951623893734838277

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    There's two sides to that decision. The Bears have a choice to wait on Fangio or not to. Not Fangio's fault that we want him back badly enough to hold out for him (if that's even what's really going on)
    Oh there are still a couple HC spots open and a DC spot or two. I still think its just negotiation on a 4 year deal. Hes pretty old maybe hes planning for this to be his last contract.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

One thing in our favor. Not many teams may be willing to pay Fangio as a defensive coordinator what weve paid him and may be offering. Think he was one of if not the highest paid DC last year. Part of the reason Greenbay decided against him so quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

A little irritating that this is dragging out. It's anyones guess what the reason could be. Hopefully it is just contract negotiations, but I'm thinking he is waiting for other vacancies to open such as AZ or NE.

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast