Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I know this was a discussion in one of the other threads. We were talking about just how much of a home field we would have if we made it to the Super Bowl. In this article is stated that 23% of tickets sold would be available to Vikings fans. It did mention that other outside available options for Vikings fans would still be available. Also, the AFC is considered the home team in the Super Bowl so would the Vikings have to move to the visitors locker room?

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/1...layoff-preview

This was a good read previewing the game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Very nice read. It helped with my anxiety of playing the Saints lol. Like they say in the article...we win a lot of matchups across the board on both sides of the ball. Unless we come out and shoot ourselves in the foot, we should be able to win this game.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I know this was a discussion in one of the other threads. We were talking about just how much of a home field we would have if we made it to the Super Bowl. In this article is stated that 23% of tickets sold would be available to Vikings fans. It did mention that other outside available options for Vikings fans would still be available. Also, the AFC is considered the home team in the Super Bowl so would the Vikings have to move to the visitors locker room?
    I heard they will keep the home team locker room and side of the field but who knows whats true at this point. Also I would be shocked if the stadium wouldn't be at least 50% full of Vikings fans.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

AHHHHHHH, we are getting closer. Not much respect in the NFL game thread with most thinking Saints or wanting MN to win because they fear us less. That doesn't really make sense but whatever, I like being the underdog.

Side note...If we do need an OC this offseason, Darrell Bevell might be a good fit here. Same style of WCO but I still wonder if there is anyone we have that we could promote.
    Generally speaking I think the average fan is gonna look at the qb's and side with Brees and the saints.

It's whatever though because people didn't expect us/Keenum to do this good in the first place so we can keep surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Generally speaking I think the average fan is gonna look at the qb's and side with Brees and the saints.

It's whatever though because people didn't expect us/Keenum to do this good in the first place so we can keep surprising.
    Yep and I would do the same thing. Kind of like the Jags...I can't really take them serious because of Bortles.

I'd doubt it, but may have to wear away uniforms...which would be weird at home.
    The percentage of Vikings fans will be skewed, too, because of the number of people there who will be 'fans for a day'....either pro NFC, pro NFC North, anti-AFC, or anti-AFC representative
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

AHHHHHHH, we are getting closer. Not much respect in the NFL game thread with most thinking Saints or wanting MN to win because they fear us less. That doesn't really make sense but whatever, I like being the underdog.

Side note...If we do need an OC this offseason, Darrell Bevell might be a good fit here. Same style of WCO but I still wonder if there is anyone we have that we could promote.
    we'd have guys we could, not sure about guys we would.....like Sparano

it's funny, even some Vikings fans I know doubt the Vikings can beat the Saints and laugh when I remind them of week 1......why everyone just assumes it's only the Saints that have improved during the year is a head shaker......the Saints will only look good if we allow them to...and we ain't gonna
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post

Yep and I would do the same thing. Kind of like the Jags...I can't really take them serious because of Bortles.
    Ya I have Atlanta pats steelers inh e other games like many others, qb definitely plays a part lol

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'd doubt it, but may have to wear away uniforms...which would be weird at home.
    The percentage of Vikings fans will be skewed, too, because of the number of people there who will be 'fans for a day'....either pro NFC, pro NFC North, anti-AFC, or anti-AFC representative
    If we get to the super bowl and it's vs the Pats I'd have to think most of the neutral crowd would be rooting for Minny.
    Might be more split if it's vs Pitt or Jax.
    Tennessee isn't making it.

it's funny, even some Vikings fans I know doubt the Vikings can beat the Saints and laugh when I remind them of week 1......why everyone just assumes it's only the Saints that have improved during the year is a head shaker......the Saints will only look good if we allow them to...and we ain't gonna
    Well the problem is ... the Vikings have choked in the playoffs every time they've been in there, especially in 1998 when that was inexcusable. Until this team changes that narrative and proves it on the biggest stage that they can win, then they will always be seen as an underdog in my eyes.

The Vikings need to show me this year that they are different. They haven't earned the benefit of the doubt based on all the years of heartbreak. No excuses if they lose. Not this time ...

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/1...le-some-scores

I think its because its easier to point to what has changed for the Saints in their improved play( Kamara's usage and improvement, Lattimore's improvement, etc) where as with the Vikings its more that they have just settled in and cleaned up mistakes.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

This game does remind me of the 2009 playoff game against the Cowboys. We were a real good team but nobody really gave us a chance. We ended up destroying them, like will do the saints.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    This game does remind me of the 2009 playoff game against the Cowboys. We were a real good team but nobody really gave us a chance. We ended up destroying them, like will do the saints.

I don't think we will destroy them but if we can contain Michael Thomas and Alvin Karma I don't see how they can generate enough offense to beat us. Guys like Ingram and Ginn are good players but they don't scare me. My only worry is if our offense can generate enough yards/points and they've been damn good all season. I can't wait for kick off.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post

Now that would be awesome. I think that season we lost a couple of our last regular season games or something and I remember being concerned with that Dallas game. We came out and kicked ***.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast