Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Playoffs Divisional Round: Minnesota Vikings vs New Orleans Saints 1/14/18 4:40 PM ET

Playoffs: Divisional Round

VS

Sunday, January 14 at 4:40 PM ET on FOX

https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Repeat of week 1
    Revenge for 2009

Vikings over Saints 900-0
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Vikes 24-17. Please be the year we don't all get our hearts ripped out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I am so pumped for this game but I am guarded at the same time. I expect us to take care of business. If we can first stop the run then we should have success. The Saints Defense concerns me as much as anything.

I hate to say it but being a Vikings fan I am waiting for something to fall apart. And that is Case. First playoff game and an environment he has never seen before while Brees has been there done that. It will be real interesting to see how he plays. It is comforting having Sam and even Teddy to an extent but it's not like Sam has been there before either.

I'm not going to be greedy and demand a home game Superbowl, but please for the love of all that is good let the Vikings win a playoff game. Seems like ages since they've advanced...

this could be one of those 13-17 games. I'm predicting very low scoring game. In the end it's gunna come down to a few plays that decide this game. We HAVE to put pressure on Brees. We know that Smith and Rhodes are gunna handle their business. But you know Brees is going to attack Waynes, if Waynes can hold his own I think we'll be ok.

As far as the offense goes, just keep doing what got you here. Pound the rock with Murray. And for the love of god....please get McKinnon involved early and often, throw him short passes, screen plays, sweeps, I don't care how you do it but get the Jet going! Our offense always seems to get rolling when when we give McKinnon the ball.

Also fun fact. I'm pretty sure the only Vikings player that is still on the team from the 2009 NFC championship roster is B-Rob. So this game really doesn't have a revenge feel to it, at least from the players perspective. As fans though, you bet it's revenge! lol I'm expecting the Vikings faithful to be very very loud come Sunday!

Skol boys! Let's get it done!

So pumped for this game. I think we win this one buts its a tough game. Our D, at home particularly, is AMAZING. I don't see the Saints putting up more then 17.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Quote Originally Posted by Vikings1252 View Post
    this could be one of those 13-17 games. I'm predicting very low scoring game. In the end it's gunna come down to a few plays that decide this game. We HAVE to put pressure on Brees. We know that Smith and Rhodes are gunna handle their business. But you know Brees is going to attack Waynes, if Waynes can hold his own I think we'll be ok.

As far as the offense goes, just keep doing what got you here. Pound the rock with Murray. And for the love of god....please get McKinnon involved early and often, throw him short passes, screen plays, sweeps, I don't care how you do it but get the Jet going! Our offense always seems to get rolling when when we give McKinnon the ball.

Also fun fact. I'm pretty sure the only Vikings player that is still on the team from the 2009 NFC championship roster is B-Rob. So this game really doesn't have a revenge feel to it, at least from the players perspective. As fans though, you bet it's revenge! lol I'm expecting the Vikings faithful to be very very loud come Sunday!

Skol boys! Let's get it done!
    Ya revenge is all about the fans on this one.

Playoffs Divisional Round: Minnesota Vikings vs New Orleans Saints 1/14/18 4:40 PM ET

I thought the saints defense looked like it could be exposed a little bit tbh. We really need to get diggs/theilan the ball over the middle, I think they can rack up yards after catch. If we can keep a balanced attack that would also help case as well. ESPN mentioned it and someone here did too I think but it's case first playoff game and they are likely to be aggressive towards him and try for the mistakes.

Their offense is scary but I think if we stick Rhodes on Thomas and focus on the run game we can possibly slow them down. 17ish sounds like a reasonable goal from our defense at home despite their talent honestly, if we control the game a bit.

I'm so pumped for this game

I cannot wait for this game to start. If our defense can limit their run game I feel good about our chances. Rhodes should be able to limit Thomas. If he is limited then that leaves Waynes on Ginn. No one else on their offense scares me. Barr and Kendricks have the speed to limit Karmara in the open field. Stopping Ingram between the tackles will be key. Peat being out helps. Armstead is also nicked up.

I'll be eager to see if Lattimore shadows Thielen or even Diggs. Thielen made some huge plays out of the slot week 1. We'll need to attack them there. Greg Olsen had a good game against the Saints so Rudolph will be a key player. If we can keep Cam Jordan from dominating we should put up enough points to win.

I pray for no turnovers or cheap shots this time around. I don't think either will be an issue. AP isn't around to fumble away the game and Gregg Williams is long gone. I want revenge so bad this week. I really feel we are the better team. I hope they prove me right.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Other than Kamara getting a full season under him, exactly what has changed in NO since we thumped them week 1? Yes I know, Sam had a great game....but it's not like the Saints brought in new players. We beat them and it wasn't even close. I get so tired of the media talking like those 1st 2 weeks for the Saints 'don't count'. If the Panthers can stunt the run game like they did yesterday, our D can do that AND not allow Brees to make some of the passes he did yesterday. Low scoring game? Good, that's in our favor.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Other than Kamara getting a full season under him, exactly what has changed in NO since we thumped them week 1? Yes I know, Sam had a great game....but it's not like the Saints brought in new players. We beat them and it wasn't even close. I get so tired of the media talking like those 1st 2 weeks for the Saints 'don't count'. If the Panthers can stunt the run game like they did yesterday, our D can do that AND not allow Brees to make some of the passes he did yesterday. Low scoring game? Good, that's in our favor.
    I hear what you're saying but this team we are facing now is better than what we faced in week 1. Just from the identity stand point on offense. But that being said, I think we are better than we were in week 1 too. Especially on defense so it goes hand in hand.

The biggest difference could really come down to Case and Brees. Hopefully Case does not burden this pressure, because he shouldn't, and can come out and play mistake free football. This was my biggest concern with Case so we shall find out real soon but I have to believe that he is ready and up to the challenge. I mean he ran right thru the Teddy storm and I'm not sure it gets any bigger than that lol.

Is it Sunday yet?
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Is it Sunday yet?
    I'm right there with ya. Going to be a long week. Luckily I have a newborn to keep me occupied lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MLK day is on Moday too so you get an extra rest the day after the game.

What I am most interested in is what the OL combination will be for this game. I think there's a real chance we see this on Sunday:

Reiff - Remmers - Elflein - Berger - Hill

I would be excited for that lineup because I think its our best 5 guys.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast