Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    I wouldn't even do it for Clarkson. He is a one-trick pony too.

This is my problem with bball in general. We have SO MANY guys that can only do 1 think. Where are all the 2 way players?

Knicks need 3 things.
    1. KP to stop flopping, get some man muscles and play consistency ever game (endure the play through the punishment)
    2. Get a 2-way SF.
    3. Everyone to be Healthy

See...#2....I dont care about trading ANYBODY on our team unless we get a young, athletic, 2-way SF. I just dont care (unless we are getting rid of Noah contract for something of value).
    KP will stop flopping once the league starts giving him fair calls until then let him flop and go to the line it helps the team

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    it's a game thread so not really off topic but check out the +/- for Cav's.......ouch

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400975340

Lebron -39
    Jr -37

and so on........
    Yea where's all the people at who said the Twolves had all those draft picks and were still trash? That was the poster example to some for not going 100% young and building through the draft. Now the Sixers but they are in the position that the Twolves were in a year or two ago. All those young assets eventually can get you a guy like Jimmy Butler to go with your young stars. We still have nothing or value to trade. Some apparently interested in Willy but his value is decreased with him being buried on the bench of a sub 500 team.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    Yea where's all the people at who said the Twolves had all those draft picks and were still trash? That was the poster example to some for not going 100% young and building through the draft. Now the Sixers but they are in the position that the Twolves were in a year or two ago. All those young assets eventually can get you a guy like Jimmy Butler to go with your young stars. We still have nothing or value to trade. Some apparently interested in Willy but his value is decreased with him being buried on the bench of a sub 500 team.
    But Willy is that young talent you want to develop. Unless he turned awful this year, I hold onto him. We could lose both Q and Kanter this year if the decide to opt out. I'm sure Q will. He's only making like 5 mil.

The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

I get what your saying but minny has locked themselves into mediocrity if they can't make noise in playoffs than butler won't stay they traded whatever extra assets they had and signed a mediocre pg. I actually like Knicks situation better KP/Thjr/Frank is a young core there are couple of different direction they can go with Kanter/KOQ contracts like use them to acquire extra assets or let them expire to create cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I get what your saying but minny has locked themselves into mediocrity if they can't make noise in playoffs than butler won't stay they traded whatever extra assets they had and signed a mediocre pg. I actually like Knicks situation better KP/Thjr/Frank is a young core there are couple of different direction they can go with Kanter/KOQ contracts like use them to acquire extra assets or let them expire to create cap space.
    yes, I'm in agreement here and it took Minny many years and many bad picks as well, imagine if we did that now and drafted some of those guys?

Cheets your on the money here.

I'm also now feeling that if Kanter won't except a contract 10M and under then he can be traded for a first.

Willy's contract and age is very valuable to this franchise, and Q needs to be traded to a team like the bucks where we get young potential back and maybe a 2nd.

I'm good with a Noah and Willy right now getting back nice assets for Q and Kanter. I think Noah will surprise some people and Willy will as well.

And to guys thinking Willy can play the 4? No hell no, he stepped on the floor and gave up a three, he's not even quick enough for some 5's forget him playing a Melo, LeBron or even KP type, no way.

FWIW, the Wolves got Butler for two late lotto picks and swapping another.

yes, I'm in agreement here and it took Minny many years and many bad picks as well, imagine if we did that now and drafted some of those guys?

I'm also now feeling that if Kanter won't except a contract 10M and under then he can be traded for a first.

Willy's contract and age is very valuable to this franchise, and Q needs to be traded to a team like the bucks where we get young potential back and maybe a 2nd.

I'm good with a Noah and Willy right now getting back nice assets for Q and Kanter. I think Noah will surprise some people and Willy will as well.

And to guys thinking Willy can play the 4? No hell no, he stepped on the floor and gave up a three, he's not even quick enough for some 5's forget him playing a Melo, LeBron or even KP type, no way.
    Kanter situation is very good for knicks if he takes a deal elsewhere than knicks can ship him since they own his bird rights and get a big TPE or even if he opts out they still get cap space and more mins for Willy or if he opts in than they get a stop gap top rebounder for another year this is why i loved the melo trade we got cap friendly rotational players.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    FWIW, the Wolves got Butler for two late lotto picks and swapping another.
    Dunn was the 5th overall pick last year so two high lottery picks and one late...

We'd be in the same boat. Knicks tried to play the free agency/trade game and have made the playoffs 4 times in 18 years. They kinda got to this point more quickly, despite all their failed picks

The Willy situation makes absolutely no freaking sense man... darn!! I'm okay with Kanter starting, but you have to find a way to guarantee Willy at least 20 minutes a night. Once again, the Knicks never maximize value... they are almost always forced to make a deal with local valued assets because of their own doing.

Quote Originally Posted by knickerbockerny View Post
    The Willy situation makes absolutely no freaking sense man... darn!! I'm okay with Kanter starting, but you have to find a way to guarantee Willy at least 20 minutes a night. Once again, the Knicks never maximize value... they are almost always forced to make a deal with local valued assets because of their own doing.
    What has Perry done for you to say that?

Maybe they play Q to get more back in value, and don't play Willy to keep him on a very low contract? Knicks know what they have in Willy, and he would bring how much more than Q right now if anything?

So logic says play the guy you want to trade if all else is equal and don't play the guy that will stay and keep his contract down again if all things are equal.
    I don't thing anyone here will say Willy would be lighting it up and producing more than Q right now. I'm not a Q fan but see the logic of playing him and hope we net some assets back in return.

Knicks also must have determined that Noah is not tradable and will hope someone wants an expiring in his last year or use the stretch on him/

Quote Originally Posted by knickerbockerny View Post
    Wtf? Knicks want to trade O'Quinn - NOT Willy.

KP will stop flopping once the league starts giving him fair calls until then let him flop and go to the line it helps the team
    So, if he starts getting the calls, he'll stop flopping??? Your logic is fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    So, if he starts getting the calls, he'll stop flopping??? Your logic is fascinating.
    why are you here anyways you don't like any young knicks players go root for your boy dwight howard and rondo

why are you here anyways you don't like any young knicks players go root for your boy dwight howard and rondo
    Im here to remind you how making sense is always the best policy. Seriously, read your post again. You're basically saying that if KP gets his way, and gets the foul calls when he flops, he'll stop flopping. You have to see the absurdity in that statement and if not, it would explain a lot. btw, DH is having close to an an all-star yr. Hows your boy Noah doin?
    Last edited by Bivory; 01-10-2018 at 11:59 AM.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast