Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 229
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    15,415
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Yes, I think we can. However, we cannot announce it.
    Makes more sense with all the signs pointing towards him... The longer we wait the more likely it's Patrica. The Lions, Colts, and Cardinals are the only teams still looking for a HC right?


    👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,276
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Makes more sense with all the signs pointing towards him... The longer we wait the more likely it's Patrica. The Lions, Colts, and Cardinals are the only teams still looking for a HC right?
    Giants? Or did they find one?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    24,021
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Giants? Or did they find one?
    Giants as well, in fact reports are starting to come out that Patrica is favoring the Giants over any other team.

    http://amp.si.com/nfl/2018/01/10/nfl...mpression=true
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    21,419
    Sounds like a Lions thing to do.

    Fire your HC after another winning season, then miss out on your first choice...who's friends with the GM. And watch your successful DC leave for another DC job because he was passed up yet again for the HC gig.

    Go Lions!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    24,021
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Sounds like a Lions thing to do.

    Fire your HC after another winning season, then miss out on your first choice...who's friends with the GM. And watch your successful DC leave for another DC job because he was passed up yet again for the HC gig.

    Go Lions!
    I mean we could still get Patrica....... but if we don't I wouldn't be surprised at all. It happens all the time that fans get excited and think "Hey something good will happen with the Lions". But it won't. One playoff win in like 60 years. Nothing will ever change about this franchise till the whole Ford family is gone.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    10,733
    If the Lions weren't getting Patrica you would hear about them talking to other coaches. It's a done deal guys. Relax.

    Put it this way, if you were an up and coming coordinator and you had a shot at being a HC with the current Giants roster or the current Lions roster why on earth would you choose the Giants? Also, the GM of the Lions is someone you already have a working relationship with.

    Let the NY media try to spoon feed their inbred fan base all this nonsense.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    24,021
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    If the Lions weren't getting Patrica you would hear about them talking to other coaches. It's a done deal guys. Relax.

    Put it this way, if you were an up and coming coordinator and you had a shot at being a HC with the current Giants roster or the current Lions roster why on earth would you choose the Giants? Also, the GM of the Lions is someone you already have a working relationship with.

    Let the NY media try to spoon feed their inbred fan base all this nonsense.
    Really nobody knows. But Patrica is from NY and has family there. I could see why he would want to go there form that standpoint. Also Giants don't have a trash roster. Their D is pretty good (better D line then we have) and they would have OBJ. We do have a better QB though. But him being from there and having family from there would be a good reason for him to want to go there.

    Maybe he goes there and we just get Belichick......... LOL
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    21,419
    I would choose the Giants in a heartbeat. I think most coaches would.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    10,733
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    I would choose the Giants in a heartbeat. I think most coaches would.
    What is appealing about their roster? Lions have a better roster by far.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    21,419
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    What is appealing about their roster? Lions have a better roster by far.
    NY is relevant. They have history. They have rings. They are a prime time draw.

    The Lions have the Fords & decades of failure.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    75,975
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    What is appealing about their roster? Lions have a better roster by far.
    Other than the chance at drafting and molding your own future QB, not a lot. The defense has talent and OBJ is OBJ, but there are a lot of holes and ~25 million to fill them all. Its going to be a few years to really get them going again.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    10,733
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    NY is relevant. They have history. They have rings. They are a prime time draw.

    The Lions have the Fords & decades of failure.

    That has nothing to do with roster, but those are valid points.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    21,419
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Other than the chance at drafting and molding your own future QB, not a lot. The defense has talent and OBJ is OBJ, but there are a lot of holes and ~25 million to fill them all. Its going to be a few years to really get them going again.
    A talented D & a healthy OBJ can hide a lot of rookie QB mistakes.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    24,021
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    NY is relevant. They have history. They have rings. They are a prime time draw.

    The Lions have the Fords & decades of failure.
    These are very good points.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    15,415
    I can only imagine the ****storm that will ensue if Patrica chooses the Giants over Detroit and we are left holding our d**** in the wind. Time to photoshop Mike Vrabel in a Lions hoodie


    If I was in Patrica's beard I would definitely choose the Giants over Lions. Removing all Honolulu Blue bias, the Giants are probably a quick fix away from being a legit playoff team....and so are we. So what's the differnece? IMO Patrica would be given more time in NY to get it together compared to Detroit (espcially if they go QB with the 2nd pick). Plus factor in JBC being left in limbo leaving people to believe he's sticking around regarless of who's the HC. Why would you want to coach a team that is basically telling you, "Hey we already have an OC in place for you".

    I'm not sure if you guys heard about JBC and Patrica running into each other during the Lions interview with Patrica...like wtf type of crap is that? Why would I want to meet with the offensive coordinator for a head coach you just fired

    https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018/...erview-process


    I can totally see the fans turn on Quinn if he drops the ball on this one
    Last edited by JWO35; 01-10-2018 at 02:20 PM.


    👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •